Pictures of new PMF Titanium wand. It has a roller glide.

A

amazingcleansc

Shopping for a high flow wand, I was curious about this new PMF Titanium Wand. I called PMF and spoke to Curt Johnston. He was a nice guy and gave me a lot of info. He also sent me a lot of pics. I'm wand shopping so I'll give you guys the scoop on this one and you tell me what you think.
3392d1266361577-pmf-new-ti-wand-mac.jpg

A lot of you guys probably use PMF Products and might not know it. They make Prochem and some Hydramaster wands.

The first thing I noticed looking at this wand is no cast head like the PC.

The original factory run a few months ago had stainless steel lip glides and according to Curt were locking down to carpet too much.(product # MACH-15)
3393d1266361603-pmf-new-ti-wand-mac.jpg

So what they did was take the front lip glide off, and replaced it with a roller that is 32/1000ths of an inch lower than the rear glide, so there is always a tiny slot along the front edge of the wand. (Product # MACH-15-R) (I don't know why its 32/1000th's and not 31 or 33.)
pmfwandrollerglide.jpg

Curt says he thinks it slides as well as the Teflon glide he doesn't have the patent to.

It also has operator adjustable jet height and jet angle. I asked Curt why the jets are spaced in two groups of three instead of evenly spaced. His answer was that the pipe being welded to the back of the head at that angle optimizes airflow, but requires 2 sets of jets. He also said in all of their testing the jets cleaned carpet evenly in spite of the gap.
WANDBACK.jpg

Spray.jpg

Have any of you guys had a chance to use this wand? Have anyone ever used a roller glide on anything before?

By the way, Curt had never heard of Mikey's board. I told him to come on down.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
amazingcleansc said:
It also has operator adjustable jet height and jet angle. I asked Curt why the jets are spaced in two groups of three instead of evenly spaced. His answer was that the pipe being welded to the back of the head at that angle optimizes airflow, but requires 2 sets of jets. He also said in all of their testing the jets cleaned carpet evenly in spite of the gap.
WANDBACK.jpg

Spray.jpg

quote]

I took a ruler to the picture on the computer screen of the jets. There is 1 inch between the jets, except for the 3 inches between jet 3 and 4, the middle gap. Even if you remove jets 2 and 5 so that there are only 4 jets, there would be 2.5 inches between jet 1 & 2 and jet 3 & 4 of the 4 jet wand (jet 2 & 5 missing from the 6 jet set up). Hard to convince me that there is the same cleaning in the middle. Give up a little vacuum to get even cleaning performance is my suggestion. Or find a design to have it all.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
The roller seems counter-productive. I want my glide/slot as close to the surface as possible.

Why raise the slot and waste vac, other than to make the wand easier to push, which is accomplished by a teflon glide?

Foster makes a good observation: How do you get next to the baseboard with that roller in the way??

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
my question would be how long before the roller rust inside and stops rolling...and how well the construction is of the brackets that hold it.it does not look very sturdy.......

A

amazingcleansc

Johnny said:
The roller seems counter-productive. I want my glide/slot as close to the surface as possible.

Why raise the slot and waste vac, other than to make the wand easier to push, which is accomplished by a teflon glide?

Foster makes a good observation: How do you get next to the baseboard with that roller in the way??

The slot is raised 32/1000ths of an inch on the front lip of the glide only. The back lip of the wand still has a SS lip glide. I think it probably doesn't hurt vac.

I'm more worried about that baseboard situation, that's a good point.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
amazingcleansc said:
Johnny said:

The slot is raised 32/1000ths of an inch, so I think it probably doesn't hurt vac. I'm more worried about that baseboard situation, that's a good point.

Depends on the angle of the wand. Not self-leveling, like a GreenGlided-wand. Needs to be kept level with the floor, which seems like it would be difficult and tiring to maintain.

A

amazingcleansc

Johnny said:
amazingcleansc said:
Johnny said:

The slot is raised 32/1000ths of an inch, so I think it probably doesn't hurt vac. I'm more worried about that baseboard situation, that's a good point.

Depends on the angle of the wand. Not self-leveling, like a GreenGlided-wand. Needs to be kept level with the floor, which seems like it would be difficult and tiring to maintain.

Well, he started off by telling me that the roller was to keep the wand from locking up on push strokes. I did leave that little tidbit out. So i guess when you pull it, the weight is on the SS glided rear and when you push it, the weight is on the roller.

A

amazingcleansc

Bob Foster said:
Thanks for innovating PMF but you really need to rethink this.

These would be good guys to get on this board. From talking to Curt, it sounds like they like to tinker with stuff in the shop a pretty good bit.

Name
Nate W.
Mike Draper said:
Just get it over with and buy a damn TI wand with a glide.

:lol:

Thanks what I did. My cute pmf802 with that plastic thing they call a glide. My pops wasn't impressed with the TI at first. Then I made him use it on a job. His exact words, "Damn son, that's a sweet wand. I wish I had one back with I started cleaning 25years ago". Now only if I can get him to pay me for it............. :lol:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I think PowrFlyte sold a wand with rollers a few years back. They may still have it....I haven't checked.

Hey, PMF....who stocks the booted glide for the crevice tool????

Name
Nate W.
rwcarpet said:
I think PowrFlyte sold a wand with rollers a few years back. They may still have it....I haven't checked.

The wonder wand. I believe they still sell it.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I had no idea there was a geriatric market for carpet cleaning tools. If this thing sells I'm going to patent my quick sketch of a wand with three large wheels like an adult trike, or maybe the one that has a walker attached (I'll let Shorty "invent" the tennis ball option).

when you're too old to push a wand, hire one a them whippersnappers!

You're welcome Curt, but come with a sense of humor.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
rwcarpet said:

Ummmm....ME

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Jim Martin said:
my question would be how long before the roller rust inside and stops rolling...and how well the construction is of the brackets that hold it.it does not look very sturdy.......

ummm Titanium doesn't rust :? I'll call and see if they have any ready to go that can get put to the test. I'll think long and hard about who i'll have test it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
looks like that roller will get gunked up with hair and carpet crud.
just like drag wand wheels

doesn't look like there's a way to remove it to clean hair out either

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

ummm Titanium doesn't rust :? I'll call and see if they have any ready to go that can get put to the test. I'll think long and hard about who i'll have test it.[/quote:2ffncmk3]

I would find it hard to believe that the bearings on the roller are titanium........the roller itself may be......are there bearings in there.......??

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok I stand corrected. the Roller is ALL Stainless Steel.

I have one coming for Demo. I will ship it out no charge for someone to run for a week.Just send it back CLEAN. I'll pay for the shipping both ways. If you think you could give an honest opinion and are trustworthy send me a PM why you should be the one to put it throught the paces and i'll pick someone and ship it to them when I get it in on mon or tuesday.

Name
Nate W.

:roll: What, I'm not trust worthy? :lol: I don't do many jobs during the week..... shiteatinggrin

A

amazingcleansc

I just ordered it. That roller can be removed. This wand is supposed to pull 280 cfm. I'm in. If i hate the roller then I will replace it with a glide.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i,ll try it out in the apartments some are not bad and some are very very dirty and use it on both the judson and the ss tm,s . and tell you how i think it compares to a greenhorn with a gg..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom