Pictures of the new truck mount I built

Greenie said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the LP hose is fine for single wand super heat, But I'm with Les, it's an easy swap out to assure you have 110% of what you might need on dual wand, and the larger hose would preserve the gas pressure to the burner like larger vacuum hose preserves lift to the wand.

KEVIN
I CONCUR WITH GREENIE.

PS, I bet if you put your new unit up for sale you will make $10.000, do that 9 times and you got a free BIG TRUCK.

heat is heat and pressure is pressure and vacuum is vacuum, and the wand does not know what's producing it.
LES
goodpaintjob2122.jpg

KBRENNY

The guages are liquid filled (except the volt meter) and came from autometer, the 300 psi is residual as the machine was just ran when the pictures were taken and it had not bled off yet. The vacuum guage is kind of strange and changes with atmospheric pressure changes. There is a bleeder screw on the back of the guage to set it back to zero when it is not accurate due to barometric pressure changes.

I will be changing to a 1/2" propane supply line later this week and will let you know if there is a noticeable difference.

The waste tank is two 100 gallon stainless tanks from ace that are welded together. That tank is very very heavy. I liked the setup with the lint basket inside and two 3" stainless flo-ezy filters. I just wish the lid was not so heavy, it is a real PIA to lift for access to the filters and lint basket.

KBRENNY

The elbows and stoddard silencer are the only things painted red because the silencer came in red primer and the elbows came uncoated. The paint is a high temp engine paint I got from autozone.

KBRENNY

I sold the previous unit I had and had to sign a contract guaranteeing that I would have my old unit installed in my old van in 45 days. I was still cleaning and running my business as I am an O/O with no employees. I did not start building the unit until the day after I signed the contract but finished building the new machine and swapping the old one from my box van to my old van and finished 1 week ahead of schedule so total time it took around 38 days.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Nice job Kevin. I'm moving my Performance1 Terminator to a box truck and I'd like to steal some ideas. It needs a better silencer. Can you run 2? I think I have the same model of Hypro. Mine is a 2351b-p with a clutch. I think it's also time to pimp out the 59 blower. I hope it rains a lot this spring even though I hate to see people in those situations. Is there any way you can redo your lid so only a small part over the filters needs to be lifted? Any suggestions anyone? On his dilemma's and mine.

KBRENNY

I was going to use a pulley system similar to what is used in garages to lift and store bicycles. I could hoist it up tie it off while I clean the filters and flush the tank and then easily lower it back down.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Yes, you could do that. But do you really want to go through all that? How about cutting a smaller hole in the lid and making it the new lid?

KBRENNY

my lint basket and filters are on different ends of the tank so I would have to make two new lids.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Kevin could you post the blower wrapped with foam? Also where did you get the foam? The only bad thing about it is if it breaks down you cant come to the boards and bitch about it.

Golden Boy

KBRENNY

The only thing wrapped in foam is the stoddard silencer and the flowmaster muffler. I did not want to wrap the blower or enclose it for heat concerns.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Kenny, What model silencer did you use? Does it have 4" intake and exhaust? Where did you purchase the silencer and can you tell us more about the foam you used to wrap the silencer. Any pictures of this?
Shane

KBRENNY

I dont remember the exact model of silencer and because it is now wrapped in foam I cant get to the I.D. tag. It is 4" in and out and about 30" long and around 18" to 20" across. I ordered it from john's custom machine in florida and he did the research to with stoddard to find it. It is not a custom production but one that stoddard makes for, I believe, stanly steamer. It is not listed but it is available. I have had several other carpet cleaners listen to it as of now and most have said it is not as loud as I described. We even ran it in comparison to one of Larry Cobb's units with a 24 hp honda and they were almost exactly the same noise level using a DB Meter.

A. wilson

Looks like a small fresh water box from a Cobb Machine on the right side?

Nice job on building it.

Glynn

Nice job, it's a credit to you !.
Could you not just put hinges on the tank lids ?.

KBRENNY

I almost put a tensioner on it but decided I would use one for greater belt contact area if the was any belt slippage. After running it for a while and, even after increasing my HG level to 17" (thanks greenie), I have neither seen or heard any signs of belts slipping even at full lift levels and after long jobs so I will not be considering it at this point. When I built the machine I put a sign over my workbench in the shop that read "K.I.S.S.".

TimP

You can't change your TM blower and cat pump oil???? it's easy on the cds it has drain tubes that you can pull out the side of the van....drain. Then just refill your blower and cat pump.

Greenie

that Bayco vale on a 56 blower at 17"hg has got to be pretty efficient. No problem with 1 hour dry times I take it.
Add that 4HT LP heater and I'd be calling it Dry Steam cleaning.

Name
John LaBarbera
Nice work product. It looks like a labor of love. I bet you really enjoyed building it. I don't know much about truck mounts, but I would be very proud of the unit you built.

Sincerely,

John LaBarbera
Mytee Products Inc.

Mr.V

very nice unit,,,,,couple things I'd change but not much

(i don't like the clear hoses,not my choice in pump,,,,minor)

I'm sure it's an awesome machine

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom