Pictures of the new truck mount I built

KBRENNY

Here are some pictures of the truck mount I built, I have been using it for about 2 months.

It has a 36 hp kohler engine, roots 56 blower, hypro 2345bp pump, 200 gallon stainless waste tank, 110 gal poly fresh water tank, little giant 4ht HP heater.

The blower is hooked up to the tank with all 4" pipe, I have two 2.5" hoses from the tank to the front of the machine. When the engine is running at 3500 the blower is spinning at 2900. Vac relief is a 3" bayco set at 17". I can run 235 at the machine and not run it out with 10 flow.

I would like to thank Greenie, Les Jones, and John from John's custom machine in florida. They helped me with locating all the parts I needed and had answers for me when I needed them.

DCP_1851.jpg

DCP_1852.jpg

DCP_1853.jpg

DCP_1854.jpg

DCP_1855.jpg

DCP_1870.jpg

DCP_1873.jpg

DCP_1871.jpg

DCP_1869.jpg

DCP_1868.jpg

KBRENNY

It has been working great, 35 to 45 minute dry times without airmovers. I had one issue with the little giant at first but Les Jones knew the solution and I got it fixed. Other than that no problems. If I knew it would have made this much of a difference I would have built it a long time ago.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Not counting labor unless you did the welding yourself. What was your end costs, if you don't mind sharing?

KBRENNY

I can weld but not equipped to weld aluminum so I had a local fab shop do that. Total cost for all materials, parts and welding was $12,770.

KBRENNY

Sometimes I wish I went with a 100 gal waste tank to make the machine smaller. If I did not have a box van it's size would not be an option. There are jobs where a 200 gal dump tank comes in handy and then I am happy with my decision. Other than the back and forth on that issue I would not change a thing.

I almost went with a 38 hp kohler but when spinning the roots 56 at 100% full speed the engine only drops 140 rpm at 17" so a larger engine would not have helped me any as far as power. Fuel consumption on this machine is 1.65 to 1.75 gph.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Looks great!! I like the poly tank. They should all have it, seems like wasted space if not.

Albert

Greenie

Nice rig!
Talk about super easy to service, ain't much to go wrong with that unit, I'll bet she's running strong 10 years from now.
The twin 2.5" vac hook ups are nice. a 56 blower at 17"hg ain't nothing to shrug at, that is for sure.
Nothing like having heat and vac for two wands when you need it.

You should be proud, it looks cleaner and more professional than a lot of "professional" units.

Pretty crafty putting the agriculture tank inside the frame like that.
200 gal waste is a luxury, many would kill for that.

Matt King

I think it's great... Simple 2 cyl engine, Stainless tank. Autometer gages, full flowing ports, quality clamps, And LP.... 4ht at that.. You even have the steel handle Valterra.. That thing will run forever. Maybe it's the 'old school' in me but I still love LP systems. When there's a foot of snow on the ground and the outside temps are about 0 degrees, the sound of that heater firing up is music to the ears... Nice job man.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Kevin, Looks very nice. What silencer did you put on it? Do you have another muffler or is that small some adequate?

KBRENNY

The silencer is a stoddard, the application called for by stoddard for that blower was over 50" long and around 20" in diameter. I did not have room for it so I had to go with a smaller one. After the blower exhaust exits the floor of the box it turns 90 degrees and then there is a 4" in and out flowmaster automotive style muffler that is rated at over 1000 cfm. The biggest noise reduction was wrapping the silencer and muffler with the 1/2" thick foam rubber, it caused more reduction in noise than the flowmaster did. I still think it is a little bit loud but I have had no complaints and I clean more at night than during the day. Some of my restaurants are even located near homes and I have had no problems even when I finish at 3 am.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You should be proud, it looks cleaner and more professional than a lot of "professional" units.

Greenie is right!

Impressive workmanship, most home build units look like it. Yours looks like a TM manufacturer built it.

You could give some of the builders some tips on how to build one! LOL

GREAT job! 8)

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Kevin;

Good Job!

The layout looks very nice. The #56 blowers are real AirHogs.

The clearance between the blower belts and the engine muffler looks a little tight.

I need to see it in person.

Larry Cobb

KBRENNY

I had concerns with the belts getting hot due to the muffler being so close but I have 57 hrs and no problems yet.

Also if you look at the front of the engine I have replaced the factory flywheel cover with a spal 11" 12 volt electric pusher fan. Even with the engine turned off and just the fan on it moves alot of air through the engine. I hoped this would help with temperature issues.

DCP_1858.jpg

DCP_1859.jpg

KEVIN

I like it big time, you know that you gust built a $23,000 truck mount.

put a bigger hose on the #4 HT, like a 3/4 to 1'' get all you can out of it.

LES

100_1507.jpg

KBRENNY

Do you think the bigger propane hose would make much of a difference since the regulator only has a 3/8 fpt output? I can run the machine at 235 to 240 atm and never run it out of heat with a five #2 jet wand, even if i hold the valve open for 10 minutes straight.

Gary T

Kevin, How'd you vent the heater? Can you shown a pic? I will be installing mine in my trailer this weekend. Thanks.

Greenie

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the LP hose is fine for single wand super heat, But I'm with Les, it's an easy swap out to assure you have 110% of what you might need on dual wand, and the larger hose would preserve the gas pressure to the burner like larger vacuum hose preserves lift to the wand.

He has blower filters in the waste tank, 2 - 2.5" flo-ezy if I remember right.

A lot of guys think it's the larger gears or lobes of the 56 that make it a beast, cause the airflow isn't that much higher than a 47, but my theory is it's the 4" ports that make it a contender, you can get 500 cfm through a 4" port easier and faster than a 3" port. Now that said, if you are only gonna run it at 70%, you might as well just run a 47 and put less load on the engine, and save some money on components.

The Preacher

you'll NEVER build something like that PAytoilet, so why do you need to know??? are you trying to steal something for THom???

KBRENNY

Here is a pic of how the little giant is vented:

DCP_1912.jpg

here is the back of the controll panel, Guess where I got the material for the mounting plate lol:

DCP_1872.jpg

there are two 3" flo-ezy filters inside the tank and the lid does come off, it just weighs about 80 lbs and is a PIA to move. I was going to come up with some type of pulley system to lift the lid when I need to service the filters or rinse it out.

My question on the propane hose is that if the regulator only has a 3/8" outlet would a 1/2" hose make that much difference? It would be an easy swap and if it will make a difference I would definitly do it. I am running a 3/8" hose now.

RichardnTn

Very nice....Simple is wonderful...when will the "big boys" learn to build machines like this.....Best to you, Richard R

KBRENNY

hypro did not show a listing for a clutch available for that model, and I dont do very much restoration work so if the machine is running 95% of the time I need the pump running with it.

Greenie

KBRENNY said:
My question on the propane hose is that if the regulator only has a 3/8" outlet would a 1/2" hose make that much difference?

I'm gonna say that 4ht has a 1/4" hot side discharge nipple, and that looks like a 3/8" sol. hose.

If the above is true, then I would use that same approach on the LP hose for free flowing gas, the diameter will still be helpful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom