Pile Lifter

Name
Brad Gouveia
I came across a pile lifter for $175. She says it has been sitting for a 3 years in storage. Would it need new brushes? I am thinking this is a pretty good deal. Not sure if I really need one.

Who here has one?

Do you use it much?

When do you use it?

Thanks,
Brad

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I came across a pile lifter for $175. She says it has been sitting for a 3 years in storage. Would it need new brushes?

you won't know til you look at it.
if it was stored off the brush, it should be good .
if laying on the brush, it will have a flat spot on it and should be replaced

what brand is it?
if Chemspec labeled, (it will be green/blue color) it's a POS
If Certified labeled..they're the best .... as good as it gets

I bought a like new one years ago for a great price .
It's was cool at first and i tried to find ways to use it.
It eventually ended up in the corner of the garage with all the other stuff that never sees the light of day

..l.T.A.

Reactions: Clean Response
Name
steve snail
I came across a pile lifter for $175. She says it has been sitting for a 3 years in storage. Would it need new brushes? I am thinking this is a pretty good deal. Not sure if I really need one.

Who here has one?

Do you use it much?

When do you use it?

Thanks,
Brad

Have had one (Chemspec) for the better part of 20 years.
Used it last weekend on a commercial job, to massage the pile prior to cleaning. Keep in mind, this is not a vacuum.
For the life of me can't figure why meAt thinks it's a POS...totally wrong!
Most of the time it collects dust...however, when it is used, nothing takes it's place. Take it to the next level.
Bottom line, if you do commercial cleaning, the $175 price will be a bargain to separate you from the pack.

namaste

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Depends on what you plan to do with it. However I'd tend to agree with Larry for the most part.

Yes if it has been sitting for an extended length of time the brush most likely has a flat spot on it.

Pile lifter work well at digging out sand and grit out of entry ways. It can also restore traffic lanes but it doesn't last, the pile eventually goes back to matted. The lifting compares to a good steam cleaning.

The thing I don't like is many are not HEPA filtration so a lot of the very small particulate is just redistributed back in the air space only to land as dust on everything.

A good vacuum can nearly do as well if you give it some time.....no not Ron's kind of time. :p

Name
steve snail
"The thing I don't like is many are not HEPA filtration so a lot of the very small particulate is just redistributed back in the air space only to land as dust on everything. "

Firing up a (inner bag less) Certified is like starting a dust cloud. Worked in a hospital where we used the Certified, ever see one working when the bag let loose from the top? The Chemspec though not Hepa, does have a paper inner bag that keeps dust to a minimum. With the Chemspec, the handle height is adjusted at the handle level, no bending over to adjust...way easy. Certified handle adjustment blows.

steve_64

we use to use certified pile lifters as vacuums in a school i worked at. they did a nice job and 20 year old carpet looked like new. i use mine occasionally. michigan is like a giant sand pile and i find sand in carpet very often. it works great for digging that out.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Certified Pile Lifter is great but if you get one cheap send it out for new brushes, skirt and a reusable bag or buy a punch out of the gate. Look at technic of using one because there is a sweet spot on use

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom