Plagiarism: Any Recourse Who Cuts and Paste Exact Paragraphs...

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Anyone know if anything could be done to someone for plagiarizing just about word for word from your website..I've threatened with "I'll get my attorney"...However, what if that doesn't work...This guy is a local, so I ain't to happy...I may go and knock on there door, there an owner/operator as well...They got a 130 5 Star Reviews as well on Yelp, and tell everyone about bait and switching and more...Really? Really??

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Michael, your home page says this:
Las Vegas tile and grout cleaning service takes filthy dirty tile and grout back to it's near original condition. I use a refined process that cleans grout effectively and efficiently through the use of hot steam, suction, and safe alkaline chemicals. Clear water based sealer is then applied to help keep your floors looking beautiful.

I found a site in Georgia that says:
Our tile and grout cleaning service takes filthy dirty tile and grout back to it's near original condition. I use a refined process that cleans grout effectively and efficiently through the use of hot steam, suction, and safe alkaline chemicals. Clear water based sealer is then applied to help keep your floors looking beautiful.

Is this the sort of thing you're talking about? This place isn't local to you (if you're in Vegas per your user info) so probably not the place you're talking about. Either you both have the same web designer or someone is copying someone - but the text is so generic I wonder if you truly have any recourse.

Reactions: todg

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Michael, your home page says this:
Las Vegas tile and grout cleaning service takes filthy dirty tile and grout back to it's near original condition. I use a refined process that cleans grout effectively and efficiently through the use of hot steam, suction, and safe alkaline chemicals. Clear water based sealer is then applied to help keep your floors looking beautiful.

I found a site in Georgia that says:
Our tile and grout cleaning service takes filthy dirty tile and grout back to it's near original condition. I use a refined process that cleans grout effectively and efficiently through the use of hot steam, suction, and safe alkaline chemicals. Clear water based sealer is then applied to help keep your floors looking beautiful.

Is this the sort of thing you're talking about? This place isn't local to you (if you're in Vegas per your user info) so probably not the place you're talking about. Either you both have the same web designer or someone is copying someone - but the text is so generic I wonder if you truly have any recourse.

Thanks for pointing out those websites as well...I have been in business for quite a while, on-line for over 10 years...I do find my photos,videos, and bits and pieces of my writing everywhere(which ain't that good)...I am more concerned for people who live near me...

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
i wonder what third grader wrote it?
and what kindergartner would copy it :eekk:

In case you didn't know, most carpet cleaners or similar have a sixth grade reading and writing level...LOL

yea i know...sometimes I'm just an azzhole...TODAY is one of 'em

..L.T.A.

FredC

Village Idiot

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom