Please be safe this week...

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Very moving video, Mike. Had me in tears. This is the car my Daughter, Danielle, was in when she died Dec.17, 2002. I relived a lot of what was in that video....especially the hospital part.

She came out through the windshield as the car rolled 5 times. No alcohol involved....just took her eye's off the road for a sec.......

I added a pic of Danielle to put a face to her. This is when she had just picked up her new car a few months earlier that year.

img011.jpg

img010.jpg

img012.jpg

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Mikey P said:
damn RW, give me the chills why dont you.

SO sorry bud.

Ah, Mike......I would hope many people watch that video in hopes that it will maybe save a life or 3. I think I will post it on FB. Alcohol seems to break down any inhibitions, and every drunk gets brave...."I can drive.....don't worry".

This CC community and the guys on the CCCS board really helped out during the last years. Many thanks to them all for the moral support.

Something like this really changes your outlook on life.....kind of a turning point in your life. I miss Danielle dearly and think of her every moment of my life.

Bob Foster

Thanks Robert for having the courage to tear that piece out of your heart and share it with us. I feel bad for your loss.

You have, in a most poignant way, brought many of us back down to earth to remind us all how very precious life is. In this season where many of us have the good fortune to enjoy the company of our loved ones, I'll take the time to appreciate them even more.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Shaun...before his fall in the hospital......
about a 14 MPH Moped accident....no helmet!

IMAG0034-1.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
No Bob......they sewed his cranium back on.....THEN let him fall (no bed restrants) knocking the sewed on cranial skull completly back off......
he's MUCH worse now!

Bob Foster

Still he's giving the thumbs-up so he has more going on than I thought he had from what you were saying.

Too bad... :|

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
I cant tell you how many times I've come across those types of scenarios at work, probably two to three times a week. I was driving yesterday on a major street and saw a truck come to the blind "T" intersection. As the car was making a left turn, I could see the rear of it being illuminated by a second car that was obviously close behind. I slowed and started covering my brake like I would with my motorcycle. Sure enough he followed and cut out right in front of me. Poor move, I made a u-turn, stopped him and had one of my officers take him to jail for DUI. Of course I was blamed for ruining his life.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Brian R said:
Damn Robert. I can't imagine. Feel for you.

Thanks, Brian. I've got 5 wonderfull kids that help ease the pain and keep the memories of Danielle. I'd give my life to see her again. But I'm needed here for the time being for the Grandkids......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
jeff healey said:
No Bob......they sewed his cranium back on.....THEN let him fall (no bed restrants) knocking the sewed on cranial skull completly back off......
he's MUCH worse now!

Is this THE Bawb?? I hope so cause Jeff Healey hasn't been with us for a few years??

Hi, Bawb.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Remember this if you're out driving at night... especially on a weekend... and ESPECIALLY THIS COMING WEEKEND...

Stay out of the fast lane whenever possible. Drunk drivers who're coming down the wrong side of the road, think that they're in the "right hand" lane. But they're actually in your fast lane, coming down the wrong way, toward you.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Can be a horrific time driving or even at home. Just be careful.
There was a family just killed this morning in a house fire.
I can't imagine what its like for a first responder or hospital staff.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Big Star said:
So sorry Robert that is so awful I can't even perceive what you've gone through. Very sorry!

Thanks, Richard....you know, right after it happened, (Dec 17, 2002) I basically shut down the business. Just wasn't answering the phone for the Christmas rush, and all my regulars were wondering what happened, if they had not heard about it allready. After the funeral, my Son's got on the phone and started calling all my custys I missed. They went out and caught a few jobs. Then Janurary hit.....the very slow time in NE Ohio....and I just layed back for a month or so. But getting back to cleaning is what kept me from jumpin' off a bridge!

So I thank the carpet cleaning business for getting my head back on straight. It kept me busy....less time to think about what happened. I was spending a lot of time on Johns cccs board and the ics bb. I even hit the Pensacola WF that jan.

You gotta move on, but it still hurts everyday.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
It was good to meet you in Pensacola, Robert.

Glad to see that you're making good progress. It's definitely what she would have wanted for you, I'm sure.

Duane

Back
Top Bottom