Please help Extreme clean users and non

sdaws4

I’ve started using that CTI’S Extreme clean as my pre-spray and last step rinse and am experiencing a heavy power residue. I talked to another cleaner locally and he’s had the same problem. I called them earlier today and they told me that this was the first that they have herd of this. Have any suggestions on what I could do or if you know of another pre-spray that breaks down ez that still works good.

note: ive only been putting in 14oz's and it calls for 18
I can only imagine how much power I would have then :?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
A Little more detail please. If you have a powder residue in the carpet thats Carpet Fresh that was there before your cleaning not extreme clean.

Extreme Clean is our #1 selling chemical bar none.

Please explain in more detail what this poweder residue is your seeing as CTI is right I have never heard extreme clean leaving ANY residue let alone a powder residue. Matter of fact I don't know any chemical that leaves a powder residue after a proper application and extraction.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Its one of my favorite emulsifiers.

I see your using a rotovac and that could mean your going thru too much juice.

I think your using too much chemical with the prespray and acid rinse.

Cut back both dilutions in half.

sdaws4

It’s a real light powder. Noticed it when I went back to check out an apartment I did yesterday and raked my way back out the door and little powder puffs were noticed. Even areas that i didn't put it on as much still had powder just not as much as the high traffic areas. that's why I think its the EC. Is there a better combo you would recommend trying?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It's not the extreme clean. The people who occupied that Apt where sprinkling Carpet Fresh. Unless you pre-sprayed and didn't extract the carpet (even then extreme clean doesn't dry back into a powder). 100% of the time that someone has had a "powder" Problem it has been a "carpet fresh" problem.

And to add to that your not getting it out.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The consistency and distribution of the powder makes me believe its one of the powder carpet deodorizers as well. People load their carpets with that stuff, and it shows up just like you described after HWE.

Vacuum the carpet thoroughly, then rinse.

I could make you "scroll down" all night with horror stories about that garbage.

tim

I use Extreme Clean every single day and I have NEVER had a problem. I use 1 scoop for a 2 gallon sprayer. It is compatable with boosts, cleans like nothing else, is inexpensive and dissolves well even at low heat. I would almost bet money it is not Extreme Clean

DoubleAA

Tim,

Our you referring to ProsChoice Extreme Clean?
Do you use it on all your redsidential jobs?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
As a prespray I found it lacking but its a very good TM emulsifier.

Greenie

How does the Extreme Clean rinse if you are just using soft water?
I had a customer use it and encounter "crunchy" carpet, and he said he rinsed thoroughly and made plenty of dry strokes. I think re-wetting the dried crunch with some pure water and pH testing it would tell the truth.

Emulsifier?
I think Jimmy is pulling our leg, I wouldn't run it through your unit, it's like a 10.5pH at 1.5%

John Olson

Name
John Olson
No he isn't pulling your leg. It rocks as an Emulsifier. As for the crunchy that is operator error because once again that would be somthing I would hear about and no I haven't had that problem.

Now I am not sure why Jimmy didn't like it as a Pre-Spray but to each his own.

Rex Tyus

Extreme cleanis the only product I know of that advertises (with confidence) it can be used as a prespray or emulsifier or both. I haven't use it in years but it was a good product for rental properties. It has a jacked up ph as Greenie stated so it is NOT intended to be the primary cleaner unless you are doing rental or property management work. When I had access to it, it was a chem of last resort.

Greenie said:
How does the Extreme Clean rinse if you are just using soft water?
I had a customer use it and encounter "crunchy" carpet, and he said he rinsed thoroughly and made plenty of dry strokes. I think re-wetting the dried crunch with some pure water and pH testing it would tell the truth.

Emulsifier?
I think Jimmy is pulling our leg, I wouldn't run it through your unit, it's like a 10.5pH at 1.5%

It rinses well Greenie. If he had crunchy carpet I would wonder what other issues exist.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Did you know you could use any emulsifier as a prespray?
Its just that CTI wanted to make you aware of that fact.

I find it comparable to the old "High" ph chemspec formula 90.

I use soft water and my dilution ratio is probably less than half the amount needed.

Greenie maybe you don't know shit after all?

Rex Tyus

Walrus said:
Did you know you could use any emulsifier as a prespray?
Its just that CTI wanted to make you aware of that fact.
I find it comparable to the old "High" ph chemspec formula 90.

I use soft water and my dilution ratio is probably less than half the amount needed.

Greenie maybe you don't know shit after all?

I am not saying you are wrong, BUT they don't recommend it with any of their other 9,987 extraction detergents. They also fail to recommend using any of their other 25,745 presprays as an extraction emulsifier

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I guess if you read the labels on any emulsifiers (Not prespray specific) you'll see that really the only difference in emulsifiers and presprays is the solvent content that needs to be rinsed .

Because the same basic ingredients of a emulsifier are in a prespray.

Think of procyon....... you can use it as a emulsifier or a prespray.

Why I've even seen a video of a pad machine using formula 90 as a cleaner.
because chemspec claimed the residue "crystallized"

Makes you wonder about the chem lines and their "Duplication" of cleaning solutions that are sold under different names on the same shelf.

To sell more product.

You only need about 5 different cleaners per say on your truck not counting spotting solutions.

Rex Tyus

Like I said I am not saying you are wrong. I do agree to a point that there is much, TOO much duplication of product for the sole purpose of increasing our on hand inventory. That being said it is amazing what a slight change in chemistry can do to a stubborn situation.

Greenie

As a supplier I ain't tellin' no dude to rinse with a 10.5pH, what do we want, an army of Bawb Vawters out there? Kneebraska must be resoil city.

Mike Draper

MY two cents.............I use extreme clean from John at superior cleaning on all of my apts and restaraunts. I have a digital Ph meter I bought a couple of weeks ago from John have been thoroughly checking each time use ext.clean in every room. I run soft water and have found that with one single slow pass with a greenhorn wand at 600psi I can rinse the chemical completely our of the carpet and read 7.0-7.3 on my meter. So the crunchy carpet is not your Extreme clean in my opinion. I have tested this on lots of different carpets to.

windmarkbob

My brother and his techs use 12 oz of Extreme clean, 4 oz of Energy, and 2 oz of DeZovall (Harvard), through a Hydroforce sprayer at 8:1, and rinse with Last Step...Been doing it for years in apartments. The only time the powder issue was an issue was with either carpet fresh or baking soda.

It ain't the juice.

Mr. Coffee

tim

I use it on residential carpet that need it and olefin! Use ultrapac or judsons for the rest. I would compare extreme clean to any other cleaner on the market! I have used it side by side with judsons, ultrapac, powerburst, blitz, enzall, traffic slam, flex, zone perfect, trashed 2, first step, super tlp...and many others. 1 scoop for 2 gallons, cheap to use, great results! If I pull out the extreme clean, there are no warranty concerns and the protectant is long gone! We rinse the end zone, never a crunchy carpet. Use at 500 psi, smells good....cant say enough good things about it. I would say if you didnt like extreme clean, you got a bad batch! I dont buy the bb hype, I try them myself, side by side. Some of Cti stuff rocks, some suck, some ok. Extreme Clean rocks!

Name
George Valliant
I just finished a 400 lb drum of CTI's Extreme Clean. i went to re-order but the price had jumped several hundred dollars so thought i would give something else a try. Now, I'm an Enzyme fanatic! Have you tried them on Tile/grout yet? Is it my imagination or do those little boogers work?

I love the idea of living organisms in my prespray. I think of them as "little buddies" who's only mission in life is to break down dirt and die. I like CTI's Enzyme product called ProZyme but today I ordered 100 lbs of PowerMaxx from Cobb. I want to see how it stacks up against ProZyme. Besides, Cobb is having a big sale thru the end of the month.

tim

I often boost my prespray with Enzall, another great enzyme and I concur. Great for protein spills and pet deposits.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Are enzymes supposed to EaT the little children?

Real world cleaners KNOW extreme clean works!

And thats thru the machine dip shit!

sdaws4

Today I cut down on the chems. I put 10oz of EC into HF and 20 oz of last step in my 5 gallon rinse tank. I still have a major problem with powder.

I want to know what one of the two is causing this so know I’m in the process of figuring it out. I’ve put down two towels and sprayed them both on with a trigger sprayer. What one do you think is more likely to show the dust? I cant wait till they dry
:evil:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
"Crunchy" carpet is from Hard water. If you run a vacuum over it (like I would know, ha ha) it's gone.

Greenie

If someone has a small child in the house with breathing problems, the last person I want to be is the guy spraying enzymes, that is just asking for trouble.

And running a high pH cleaner through the wand is very hackish, if you had a decent prespray you wouldn't even consider this option.

Rex Tyus

Greenie said:
If someone has a small child in the house with breathing problems, the last person I want to be is the guy spraying enzymes, that is just asking for trouble.

And running a high pH cleaner through the wand is very hackish, if you had a decent prespray you wouldn't even consider this option.

If someone has a small child in the house with breathing problems they need to take a walk for a little while. Enzymes, butyl or citrus solvent, it ain't gonna be good for the little one.

As far as being hackish........
I been called worse. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom