Pleather cleaning

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
What is the best product to clean pleather with?

I was thinking a wipe on / wipe off leather cleaner - but is that really even necessary. Would be several hundred pieces at a time - not in bad condition.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
Leather cleaner is expensive.

If it is just a plastic/vinyl, I would spot test a few of the general purpose cleaners. For heavy soil something like Greased Lightening. For lightly soiled something like Windex or Fantastic.

I haven't done any pleather cleaning, but it should be very easy - spray and wipe with a damp towel.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
You don't need a leather cleaner. I would stay away from highly alkaline products such as the Windex with ammonia or high solvent content unless you really have an oily / greasy mess to clean off.

A general purpose cleaner would work fine for most soils. Home Pro General Purpose Cleaner allows you to adjust dilution according to the soil level. If you have a lot of soil on the vertical surfaces, you might benefit from a foaming sprayer. The foam clings and allows more dwell time than a spray of liquid.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I was thinking a wipe on / wipe off leather cleaner - but is that really even necessary.

Are you sure it is pleather??

If it's not leather, then why would you use leather cleaner.

Make sure you know fer shur what the material is.

Sometimes bonded leather looks and feels a lot like pleather.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom