Point Proven About The V

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
As most of you probably remember the issues I had with the Vortex after having the gold dust "resin" dumped into the system on my V. Well, while dealing with all those issues I started using my PC 650 HP daily. The company did pay for a new water pump however I still experienced more crap with wands, gauges etc so I put off putting it back in service while I got used to my 650. Thing is I haven't had a desire to go back to the V and honestly it boils down to one thing NOISE! I've gotten so used to the PC 650 being so quite I dread going back to all that NOISE. The performance of the 2 are about the same although the 650 heats up must faster and maintains the heat better than the V. I set the 650 up with first 50 ft of suction at 2.5 and quickly made the switch with the V also. With winter temps right around the corner I find it easier just to worry about keeping one truck from freezing and I can winterized the 650 easier and I can keep the V warmer not only at the shop but on the road as well. I've put it off now for 3 weeks and I may still wait until after Christmas.
Sorry to ramble

Last edited:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
2004 FMI built. Just to be clear I'm not wanting to sell it or trade either Ashley ;)

Last edited:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Anybody that has owned or owns a V knows what I am talking about with the NOISE! However, even though I have been run off a few commercial jobs at night I really never understood how loud it was until I started operating the 650. I do a couple of Dennys at truckstops and it is much more comforting knowing I'm not waking up every truck driver that is trying to get some shut eye. And when I do upholstery in a couple of my restuarants that are located next to high end residential it's nice not to worry when their phone starts ringing at the restaurant @1-2 am knowing that the in the next few minutes you will see a cruiser circling the lot confirming the NOISE complaint before he comes in and tells you you have to wrap it up. I used to have one account that I parked the truck off New Circle Road with a 75 foot pull to the door of a GC just so I could block the NOISE of the V from the residential that was more than 200 yards behind the GC.

I have heard the new AT's in action and they are a good 50% quieter with their newly designed blowers, a little louder than the 650 but not by much.

F

FB7777

2 am cleaning with a $90 K. Vortex

Having cops show up probably aint what Yappers meant by getting walk ups all the time

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
anyone who came to M1F had the pleasure of hearing a FMI amplifier.

my hearing is damage, cant say it was just that POS but man was it loud.

Dave Rampage

Hi Billy,
Is there a way you could call me or give me your phone number. I have questions about how the insurance company came up with a value of your Vortex after the crash.

I want to repair mine but I want to have it fairly valued. I probably have $20,000 to $25,000 in damage. My phone number is (708)203-4043.

Dave

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hey Fred, what did you say....I can't hear you!
lol

Last edited:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I didn't know you had a FMI unit Billy.:eekk::headbang:

you need to rip that Amplifier off asap and replace it with a AT built SILENCER!!
Yeah you did, you just forgot! We licked wounds a few years ago. Now your finally sharing about AT silencer! Thanks, I will call them today.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Billy my 777 is not much louder if any than my old Powermatic 23 HP kohler screaming at 3000 rpm's. Check blower/silencer gasket for a leak. Aerotech has a great gasket kit that quieted mine greatly.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Hi Billy,
Is there a way you could call me or give me your phone number. I have questions about how the insurance company came up with a value of your Vortex after the crash.

I want to repair mine but I want to have it fairly valued. I probably have $20,000 to $25,000 in damage. My phone number is (708)203-4043.

Dave

I had to list every part with a serial # for the insurance to cover it. It was only slightly more then a van with a slide in

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom