Poll for those that actually get their feet wet.

What sort of foot wear do you CARPET CLEANERS work in

• Total voters

RIP IT

Name
Chris
I find that the runners don't last very long so I go for stronger day hiking shoes ( Merrell ) and semi kayaking shoes ( Teva ) that handle the moisture ( lots of wdr ) and dont get smelly but are still comfy on the old feet. Normally rotate two or three pairs and get a couple of years outa them.

Name
Evets
I wear leather Rockports.

Used to wear black running type shoes until one time when I was down on all fours working on a spot. When I stood up I noticed there were 2 black spots behind me. Got down and cleaned them,then noticed when I stood up there were 2 more black spots behind me.
After doing this for about an hour, I realized the black spots were coming from the black threads in my shoes.

Don't laugh. I cleaned a hanging tassle shadow from a ceiling fan one time for 30 minutes.
Even showed the homeowner, and explained how it was permanent staining and blah,blah,blah.
When I stood up and bumped my head against the hanging tassle the spot moved...

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Work boots....do you do construction?
Crocs.... so gay
Rockports and the like...they don't breath although I own two pair for the right occasion and working isn't it.
I wear running shoes,typically New Balance(I have really wide feet and they carrie multiple widths.

Look at it this way,running shoes are designed for impact,heavy and lots of it.Whaddya think we do all day everyday?While I love highly breathable shoes,don't forget about the type of socks you have on.Most these days are overbuilt.When I'm done for the day,they come off as soon as possible.

Even high end running shoes($120.00 and up) normally last about 500 miles.You ever wear a pedometer? In our line of work,the miles add up quick.

Someone mentioned prespray ruining shoes,change your prespray.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Pmatte said:
Crocs.... so gay

its funny because i got a pm from "daddy" that just said in caps like he was screaming "fags wear crocks"

its funny that any one of you asshole losers think i give a shit at what you think..
crocs...so gay..says who??? and who the hell are you??

and "daddy" i guarantee you to find a picture of you sucking someone off before you
will ever find one of me..

and i dont need to pm that to ya like a candy ass..call me a fag in a pm..good thing your keyboard is so tough..

you never did say what shoes you where so i can addressee them..girly man (is that even a word? it is now)

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Fred Homan said:
Bawb....velcro straps? :shock: I guess that is what the old farts wear.... :shock: shiteatinggrin
whats wrong wit straps......
when we'z go out dancing...
i can kick em off and do the twist!!!!

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
black new balance shoes.. 3 pair a year.. they are 50.00 a pair.. have 6 pairs of the same shoes at my house... ranging from brand new to almost falling apart.. never know what kinda crap im going to get into. crappy ones for roofing or stripping floors or playing in the mud. and the couple nicer pairs for working.. i wear them till they fall off.

steve r

brent said:
Airwalks, vans, or converse.

All dark colored.

same here but light colors.they are gummed bottoms and are usually around $25 and last about 6 months.im currently wearing white airwalks.i bought 2 pair at payless for $40.

The Preacher

Timberland boots here. i change the insoles regular to keep em feeling good.

i have several pairs of older black shoes i've worn for football/baseball officiating that are good when doing hard surface floors.

Name
steve snail
JB said:
KEEN BABY!
46716638-250x250-0-0_Keen+Keen+Shoes+Men+s+Bronx.jpg

Notice the toes, NEVER wear out, EVER!

That's my work shoe! Granted I wear shoe covers when I work, however these appear to be some of the best built, long lasting work shoes I have ever worn. And the ubercool factor of being in the know.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Stevie Bs said:
I wear leather Rockports.

Used to wear black running type shoes until one time when I was down on all fours working on a spot. When I stood up I noticed there were 2 black spots behind me. Got down and cleaned them,then noticed when I stood up there were 2 more black spots behind me.
After doing this for about an hour, I realized the black spots were coming from the black threads in my shoes.

Don't laugh. I cleaned a hanging tassle shadow from a ceiling fan one time for 30 minutes.
Even showed the homeowner, and explained how it was permanent staining and blah,blah,blah.
When I stood up and bumped my head against the hanging tassle the spot moved...

In my early daz....
i cleaned under a crystal chandelier once......THOUSANDS of tiny spots....
Mrs Poof laughed lik hell.....

randy

Name
Randy
New Balance here, I buy them 2-3 pair at a time when on sale. They make a great shoe that last 6-9 months on average. I prefer all leather as they seem to seem your feet dryer longer. I used to wear a canvas Nike and would apply solvent based protector to them everyday for 3-4 days before wearing them. They would last a year. Shoes have shot up with the declining dollar as 99% of them are made overseas. Sometimes in a bind I will grab a pair of Dr. Shoals brand sneaks from Walmart, they last around 5-6 months but are only $30. Stay away from the $16-22 shoes at Walmart, they are a disaster and will make your chiropractor a rich man/woman as you grow older.

Crocs seem to be a bit risky as they offer little protection to your feet, not to mention attracting gays. Gays seem to be Croc addicts (just kidding my 2 year old nephew loves them and he looked up his Sunday school teachers dress a couple weeks ago , so I think he will be OK :shock: ).

glenboy

Name
GLEN
if a cleaner were to show up at my house in CROCS i woul have to shoot myself :roll: :roll: !dork! !dork!

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
why??? here is florida everyone wears them all the time. i wear the solid toe's and socks..
we do about 60 jobs per month and in the last 2 years have not had so much as a person even look down
at my feet or make a comment..i guess i just dont get it...i can tell you that i am glad that i dont
have to clean/live in a uptight assed area like you guys..my customers are more interested in the
awesome job i do than my shoes..

Back
Top Bottom