Poly Tanks?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
The only thing I would caution you about is either installing a float shut off or being very careful when filling so you dont flood your van.

Dapperdann

Jeremy said:
The only thing I would caution you about is either installing a float shut off or being very careful when filling so you dont flood your van.

I flood my van few times a year lol, its not a big deal if its in the summer.

Bob Foster

Works great and I have a shutoff float so it won't overfill.

Nowesco 150 gal vertical. I will be putting the same one in the next truck.

See through, easy to clean. easy to put bungs into with a large lid. And its light to keep the weight off the truck.

Mike Draper

Bob Foster said:
Works great and I have a shutoff float so it won't overfill.

See through, easy to clean. easy to put bungs into with a large lid. And its light to keep the weight off the truck.

What float valve do you use?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Mike you don't have a float? You need to come down and shoot the .50 and we can put a float in at the same time.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Mike Draper said:
[quote="Bob Foster":36w2heo0]Works great and I have a shutoff float so it won't overfill.

What float valve do you use?[/quote:36w2heo0]

I "had" a basic auto shut off, worked perfect.

UNTIL our local wise govt official said that there MAY BE a chance of siphoning the water back through the hose, the pipes, and back into the water system IF I was filling my tank and it overfills (ie theauto shutoff fails), IF there is a fire nearby and a firetruck somewhere near creates enough suction in the line off a hydrant to accomplish this, and IF it happens at the same time.

Now I have it rigged with a timer. I want 50 gallons, hook up the hose and set it for 15min

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I'll be on a plane heading to Vegas but TW and lora will be there and so will the .50 :) I bought reloading gear. Had to special order a press and dies for the 50 and it wasn't $100 like you said :evil: I did get 12 months no interest on most of it at Cabela's

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It was $599 for the RCBS .50 plus a $50 rebate. Picked up stuff for the 220 swift .45 acp/lc and .308 to start.

Bob Foster

Mike Draper said:
[quote="Bob Foster":2p4rr231]Works great and I have a shutoff float so it won't overfill.

What float valve do you use?[/quote:2p4rr231]

Put my camera in my pocket and if I remember I will take some pictures today.

Bob Foster

Ron Werner said:
I "had" a basic auto shut off, worked perfect.

UNTIL our local wise govt official said that there MAY BE a chance of siphoning the water back through the hose, the pipes, and back into the water system IF I was filling my tank and it overfills (ie theauto shutoff fails), IF there is a fire nearby and a firetruck somewhere near creates enough suction in the line off a hydrant to accomplish this, and IF it happens at the same time.

Now I have it rigged with a timer. I want 50 gallons, hook up the hose and set it for 15min

Way easier set up than that. For sure I'm going to take pictures.

C

CleaningLA

I have two for sale if anyone's looking
63111e59-156f-cfa8.jpg

63111e59-158a-80e2.jpg

Bob Foster

OK first the pictures of the tank

$190 bucks plus shipping
http://www.pbmtanksupply.com/vert-150.html

Float valve assemply with float around $45 plus around $20 for miscellaneous bulkhead fittings
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Watts-1-2-Float ... 56429a257a

Has a 30" diameter foot print and 150 gallons

Tankoutletwithvalve.jpg

There is a flat area on the base on two sides of the tank for bulkhead fittings

sidebunkspot.jpg

Easy access through a multiple choice of lids for dumping in rinse agents or maintenance

lidon.jpg

smalllidoff.jpg

alllidsoff.jpg

biglidoff.jpg

Brass float system for automatic shutoff when filling. The hose bib on the shop has a backflow preventer on it that cost around $5 at a hardware store. Also if you have a gap in the water from the high waterline to the inlet bib inside the tank where it pours in it is impossible to flow backwards because the waterline is at least 5 inches from the inlet when full. Ron your inspector has his head up his ass.
inletandfloatbest.jpg

truckbulkheadandpump.jpg

exteriorwaterbulkhead.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I know that Bob, I suggested all those ideas to him.
Mine was set up with the same shut off.
There is the CHANCE the shut off will fail and it will over flow the inlet :roll: (yeah, right)
Also, the $5 backflow valve does not meet THEIR requirements. It has to be this special dual backflow preventer that costs around $200 and NEEDS to be inspected EVERY YEAR :roll: (yeah, another joke)

Its the same BS we have to go through with the 80mesh screening we need to filter our water through before dumping it in the sewer.

Pretty simple system, keeps the govt boys happy. I have quick connects on the hoses, makes connecting a lot easier. Cost $20 for the timer.
DSC_0682.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Bob Foster said:
But what if the timer fails.....? :roll:
it shuts the water off and I'd have to bypass it
if it does fail in the open position, the tank overfills but the fill hose is not inside the tank so no chance at all of siphoning. The CRD are happy (buggers)

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I'm trying to find a vertical tank 100-105 gallons similar to Bob's but locally, the site he posted above along w/ many other sites posted in other threads want $150-$200 just for freight alone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom