Pool filter

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Gave the Martinized pool filter a good test today.................
DID NOT vacuum this place at all wanted to fill the filter as much as possible...

I hooked it up to the truck to a "Y"
double 50' from the truck and 65' from the filter into the home...
( as we all know as 4 to the door).......

IMG_3303.jpg

before I started I was pulling 391.1 cfm's.... air temp was 90.1 degrees

clean65fromfilter50fromtruck.jpg

after I was finished ....I was pulling 380.8 and the air temp went down to 89.7

Dirty65fromfilter50fromtruck.jpg

cleaned the house and filled the filter about half full....Notice how it balled at the end and left the sides open for air flow..( the little ball is what I cleaned off the top and dropped in)

IMG_3319.jpg

with the filter apprx half full with this set up I lost approx.....11 cfms

mind you this is with out pre vacuuming.. normally I vacuum every house and I can go all day with one hose liner and I am sure my cfm loss is less then that........This is my house I cleaned and I have been watching how it dried..in 2 hours my entire house was dry....there was no difference from the first room to the last.......I think this is going to do OK.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
drill some holes in the bottom

100_3749.jpg

line it with a knee high hose

100_3750.jpg

change it to a 2'' opening

100_3747.jpg

and run like hell................

John Watson

Thanks for your help Jim, My filter works great, just like yours except I am hooked to a 10' piece of 2.5 with a 2.5 barb to a 2.5 sweep el into the waste tank. I've got a real suckeruni with my #4

Greenie

that cfm gauge set up is funky, but it's just numbers, it's for comparison before and after it would have been fine at 60 cfm and 50 cfm.

gonna have to fashion one with a 2.5" coolcuff the 2.5" barbs sell faster than I can make them.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It was set up in according to the size of the thingy it is sitting on...as per instructions...................

I heard threw the carpet cleaning grape vine that the 2.5 is already being/been made and should be out pretty soon........

IMO....and mind you this is just my thought.... although there is going to be a market for the 2.5 I see more 2 inch in the future than anything..from what I can see just the larger blowers are really the ones who will benefit from the 2.5....I don't think they are going to roll smaller pto's and slide in off the line piped for 2.5....and most cleaners whom don't travel the boards or the CC markets don't even know what is out there..........I am amazed at how many are still behind the 2 inch hose hill still.....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
why only 390 cfm from that big bad mama??

arent them V/AT suppose to pull like 600 or more???

TimP

floorguy said:
why only 390 cfm from that big bad mama??

arent them V/AT suppose to pull like 600 or more???

The problem is that the hose can't pull it at whatever lift he's running. The remaining cfm's are going through the relief valve, and that is if his meter is accurate. Keep in mind most wands can't even pull 300 cfm through them.

Greenie

Not that it matters, but I'll bet it's not even pulling the 390 on the read out, but like Jim said it's only a reference, he's trying to gauge his filter's restriction, for that it did an excellent job.

I still like the airflow of a streeeeetched knee hi, it opens the fabric up, I noticed on a loose knee hi it was a tight close knit you are drawing through.

and you are right....it's 4 rolls of sticky tabs for each holder.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom