Portable Shoot Out @ MF5

Mikey P

Administrator
Since Mytee is playing host it would only be fair and fun to have a Portable performance shoot out.

If any of you have a portable or the connections to get current models from various manufacturers there, than by all means please do.

Will Big Ed Valentine have the wevOHS to send a new unit?

Name
John LaBarbera
That's a valid question, Chucky.

The purpose of the shoot out isn't to determine what machine is better than another. Mytee machines will be evaluated along with all others on a level playing field. What will be documented is water lift, CFM, amps per cord, etc. We will publish the findings for all to see. This will help the PCC to determine for themselves what machine will work best for them. All the machines that participate are machines that are liked by many for a number of reasons, personal preference being one of those reasons. These machines all clean carpets and in fact have similar components. It will be a fact documenting comparison. No manufacturer should be afraid to participate.

So to answer your question, the Industry wins.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
John LaBarbera said:
That's a valid question, Chucky.

The purpose of the shoot out isn't to determine what machine is better than another. Mytee machines will be evaluated along with all others on a level playing field. What will be documented is water lift, CFM, amps per cord, etc. We will publish the findings for all to see. This will help the PCC to determine for themselves what machine will work best for them. All the machines that participate are machines that are liked by many for a number of reasons, personal preference being one of those reasons. These machines all clean carpets and in fact have similar components. It will be a fact documenting comparison. No manufacturer should be afraid to participate.

So to answer your question, the Industry wins.

Thats why Ed won't participate. He does not publish all the specs and chooses to sell by the myth factor. It's too bad, because it turns a lot of people off. I know the numbers don't mean a lot in themselves and is a pain in the butt for small manufacturers like Odin who concentrate on custom, quality and unique designs (in these special cases a phone call goes a long way).

But the fact is, when it comes buying something more generic like a porty, many of us are forced to buy without the option to test a machine for themselves due to proximity (unless we want to buy a Ninja). So we NEED numbers to help guide us through the plethora of machines out there. Would anyone buy a pump without knowing the PSI, GPM and AMP draw? So why should we be expected to buy a porty without all the specs?

If Ed's (or Jan's) argument is true that the higher CFM (but much less lift) translates to some mysterious and undocumented "higher operating lift" than why not be up front and just publish what the lift is and avoid a lot of grief. Right now Erik is asking a question on the Recoil board about lift. The answers will be very vague and indirect (except for mine :) ).

I applaud Mytee for being so open and even publishing their schematics online.

My only concern is that Mickey Fest test results never seem to be released!

Name
Bill Soukoreff
John, could Mytee buy a Recoil for the event (tax write-off) then donate it to a school or hospital? Otherwise you may never get one!

Name
John LaBarbera
Bill Soukoreff said:
John, could Mytee buy a Recoil for the event (tax write-off) then donate it to a school or hospital? Otherwise you may never get one!

Thanks Bill for thinking of me in such rich terms. But you have to make a profit to need a write-off. I was hoping you would buy it and after our shoot out you'd have a good back-up unit.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Bill Soukoreff":11nfpgie]John, could Mytee buy a Recoil for the event (tax write-off) then donate it to a school or hospital? Otherwise you may never get one!

Thanks Bill for thinking of me in such rich terms. But you have to make a profit to need a write-off. I was hoping you would buy it and after our shoot out you'd have a good back-up unit.[/quote:11nfpgie]

:shock:

OK, what if someone could get Mickey's Board and *** to give Ed a couple months of free banners if he sends in a Recoil for testing?

You need to think of way to get one John, otherwise there will be widespread disappointment. The hype is building and everyone wants to see a good fight or no fight for that matter!

Name
John LaBarbera
That would be great if Terry would bring it down. Also, if Bob Savage would come. It would be nice to see these units in action.

Greenie

We've got Thor here, Terje will probably approve of bringing it down. Also I will bring the 4 vac model we've been tinkering with, and I've got $100 cash that says the GG-M5 will place tops overall in lift, cfm, pressure, flow, amp draw and all around asskicking on just two cords, 100' of hose and a Greenhorn wand, heck at $2990 I'll give it price advantage as well.

Bring it!

The Preacher

Ed will use the old John Geurkinky line that you have to MASTER his machine to get the "most" out of it!!!

Name
John LaBarbera
Danny Strickland said:
Ed will use the old John Geurkinky line that you have to MASTER his machine to get the "most" out of it!!!

What does this mean? I don't understand. Please explain.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Danny Strickland":2es57zsj]Ed will use the old John Geurkinky line that you have to MASTER his machine to get the "most" out of it!!!

What does this mean? I don't understand. Please explain.[/quote:2es57zsj]

Can you explain this John:

Ed posted a reply to Erik' question on lift and CFM of Recoil:

"Throughout the years, we have had a few Operators measure the " of lift. As I recall, it is around 140-150. Way more than enough, period."

How can 2 117" lift 3-stages in parallel and a 99" inch 2-stage in parallel come out at 140 or 150 inches of lift?

Is there any actual vacuum theory that can explain this?

That's why I want to see the Recoil participate.

Like Greenie, my money is also on the Mytee with it's two new high lift and cfm vac motors.

John, can we see tests performed also above 100 ft, like at 125 and 150?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Bill Soukoreff said:

I have a truckmount, and I rarely use more than 107 ft of vacuum hose to do most any job. Yes, sometimes I need 157 ft, but that's about it. A few times a year I use everything I got, but that's rare.

DRScrivner

If actually evaluating portables and NOT trying to make them truckmounts then 25, 50, 75, and 100 would be more realistic.

G

B&BGaryC said:
[quote="Bill Soukoreff":p5i09viv]

I have a truckmount, and I rarely use more than 107 ft of vacuum hose to do most any job. Yes, sometimes I need 157 ft, but that's about it. A few times a year I use everything I got, but that's rare.[/quote:p5i09viv]

Whats with the 7ft?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
DRScrivner said:
If actually evaluating portables and NOT trying to make them truckmounts then 25, 50, 75, and 100 would be more realistic.

True Del. However I was thinking more about claims made by the Recoil. If Ed says it can go 200ft, then why not test that way? I think that's what a lot of people really want to see and would be helpful to the people making a future choice.

DRScrivner

Bill Soukoreff said:
DRScrivner said:

True Del. However I was thinking more about claims made by the Recoil. If Ed says it can go 200ft, then why not test that way? I think that's what a lot of people really want to see and would be helpful to the people making a future choice.
Good point. I would say if it is outperformed by other units at short range then why bother.
However if it does wind up being top performer then hey push it to the limit.

Name
John LaBarbera
Bill Soukoreff said:
[quote="John LaBarbera":ubjzpsz0][quote="Danny Strickland":ubjzpsz0]Ed will use the old John Geurkinky line that you have to MASTER his machine to get the "most" out of it!!!

What does this mean? I don't understand. Please explain.[/quote:ubjzpsz0]

Can you explain this John:

Ed posted a reply to Erik' question on lift and CFM of Recoil:

"Throughout the years, we have had a few Operators measure the " of lift. As I recall, it is around 140-150. Way more than enough, period."

How can 2 117" lift 3-stages in parallel and a 99" inch 2-stage in parallel come out at 140 or 150 inches of lift?

Is there any actual vacuum theory that can explain this?

That's why I want to see the Recoil participate.

Like Greenie, my money is also on the Mytee with it's two new high lift and cfm vac motors.

John, can we see tests performed also above 100 ft, like at 125 and 150?[/quote:ubjzpsz0]

Hi Bill,

I see you saw this on ***. The reasoning of those guys make no sense to me. I think on the XPS they are running 3-3 stages, 117" vacs in parallel. That puts almost 21 amps on a one cord, and 16 amps on the vac and pump cord. That kind of explains why CA is so mysterious with their spec's. All myths will evaporate in a couple of months.

John

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
CFM and Water lift and PSI and BS are all great!
What about durability?
In my book it is number one.

Number 2 is electricity draw, so any real time info (not manufacturers' claim) on that issue will be highly valuable.

Actual drying time measured in the test is very important too but let's not get into what's more important air flow or water lift argument. It may never end.Just the results please.

And keep the good work

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom