Portable Shoot Out @ MF5

The Preacher

John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Danny Strickland":277xchi8]Ed will use the old John Geurkinky line that you have to MASTER his machine to get the "most" out of it!!!

What does this mean? I don't understand. Please explain.[/quote:277xchi8]

back in the day (1998-2000) when OP was "new kid on the block", John Gee would use the excuse that when people had "problems" with OP it was because they hadn't "mastered" it.

MArdy, Doowaye Oxley, Fon and other brainwashed HWE guys used to push JG buttons about tip blooming etc and his responce was about MASTERING the method!

Greenie

Good one Ofer, Amp Draw is important, it was a focal point when working with Mytee on the GG-M5, it does no good to make a killer machine if it's popping breakers all the time.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
[/quote] Hi Bill,

I see you saw this on ®. The reasoning of those guys make no sense to me. I think on the XPS they are running 3-3 stages, 117" vacs in parallel. That puts almost 21 amps on a one cord, and 16 amps on the vac and pump cord. That kind of explains why CA is so mysterious with their spec's. All myths will evaporate in a couple of months.

John[/quote]

John, that is the UK version (Scorpion) which operates on 220. The XPS has 2 117" 3-stages and 1 tiny 99" 2-stage. Very little lift.

Greenie

With such low lift, you would have thought the recoil family of extractors would have come stock with 2" hose to minimize the restriction along the way which is what robs lift from any unit, I actually recall Ed defending the 1.5" 200' hose run claims, and downplaying 2" hose and 2" wands....He still to this day has to answer for those words as it's all 2" now baby in the recoil world. I imagine it won't be long until the unit is offered with a 4 jet low profile 12" wand with 2" tube...the beat goes on.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
kolfer1 said:
What about durability?
In my book it is number one.

You took the words right out of my mouth, K-1

Unfortunately shoot out events don't tell that tale.

as far as dry times, man, make it all simple and base it on water recovery.
try one or two of the industry's most common porty wands
UN-glided AW-29, cause that's what most dudes use outside the small world of the boards )

Measure water poured in, then measure what's left , then measure amount recovered.
Keep all parameters the same IE, psi, length of vac hose, same jetting for each wand, same dude pulling the wand the same way on the same carpet
(a dry section for each new test)

Then do the same with a couple/three popular glided wonder wands
and a glided AW-29 to compare to the unglided's recovery

you'll be killin' two birds with one stone.
Porty performance and wand perf.

simple, practical, reliable, verifiable, practical data....did I mention practical?
No fancy scales, no lab coats. just buckets and glass beakers
I'll even donate a Harbor Freight pump that attaches to a drill for draining and measuring fresh tank water

Now DO IT!

DO IT IF YOU AIN'T SKEERD
IF YER SKEERD, SAY YER SCARED

..L.T.A.

Name
John LaBarbera
The President of the motor company is coming to the Mytee Mikeyfest and will oversee the shoot out. It would be nice if you guys could work with him on documenting the performance. If your coming and want to help please let me know.

also thank for the explanation on the "master" thing. Now I can sleep tonight.

Danny Strickland said:
[quote="John LaBarbera":28nvt2e8][quote="Danny Strickland":28nvt2e8]Ed will use the old John Geurkinky line that you have to MASTER his machine to get the "most" out of it!!!

What does this mean? I don't understand. Please explain.[/quote:28nvt2e8]

back in the day (1998-2000) when OP was "new kid on the block", John Gee would use the excuse that when people had "problems" with OP it was because they hadn't "mastered" it.

MArdy, Doowaye Oxley, Fon and other brainwashed HWE guys used to push JG buttons about tip blooming etc and his responce was about MASTERING the method![/quote:28nvt2e8]

Mastering...llolololol,,,,,,, op machine did tip bloom...that why I went rotary.

Greenie

To this day I can still spot a soft nylon that has been OPd in seconds, screwed up plenty myself, the extreme situations look like a field of cotton, all fluffy and soft, u just want to roll in them naked, but no twist or texture to speak of. Reverse twist nylons are even better.

OP in residential is reserved for looped construction in my book, it's an awesome tool on a berber, hands down.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I get it now. I've seen some of those. Always assumed it was from years of vacuuming with a kirby set on the lowest setting. Every time I have seen that though the carpet is very thoroughly vacuumed.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
John, I guess Ed's last comment on *** should be translated as a No. :lol:

Ed should learn from Kleenright who is asking to get involved. Truth is there is no one portable that will fit everyones needs. It would be good for the Ed to participate.

Fon Johnson

Danny Strickland said:
[quote="John LaBarbera":1kce5xmq][quote="Danny Strickland":1kce5xmq]Ed will use the old John Geurkinky line that you have to MASTER his machine to get the "most" out of it!!!

What does this mean? I don't understand. Please explain.[/quote:1kce5xmq]

MArdy, Doowaye Oxley, Fon and other brainwashed HWE guys used to push JG buttons about tip blooming etc and his responce was about MASTERING the method![/quote:1kce5xmq]

Ahhhhhhh!

Those were the days!

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Bill,

Ed seems to take things as a personal affront to himself for some reason. It's not personal, I have never even met him. But, yes, I took that as a no also. I didn't even get a thanks for offering to split the freight with him. No matter, it's his loss. If Kleenrite wants to come that would be real nice. Bill from Kleenrite is a great guy, and they have been making machine since the early days. Way before CA was around. Bills an engineer and it shows in the products quality. I hope he comes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom