Portable Space Heaters

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I have two nice portable heaters to keep my box truck warm. The only problem is if I lose power at my house and Im not home when the power comes back on the heaters dont come back until I manually turn them back on.

Golden Boy

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
That makes sense Lee, 1500 watts equals 1500 watts.

I see those wooden box heaters that cost a couple hundred but they too are 1500 watts.

So in reality any 1500 watt heater will put out the same btu as any other 1500 watt heater.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I only paid 50 bucks for the heaters. Read the post. Need some heaters that turn back on automatically after the power goes out you old bags.

Golden Boy

Name
Lee Stockwell
Yes they come right back on. $15 to $20 for each of them. I'm sure I've had them for at least 9 or 10 years.

I also have the little electronic thermometer ($<15 @walmart) that sits in the house giving inside/outside temps. A little plastic "egg" sender goes in the van. I keep the display in the bath so I see it 2 or three times a night (yeah that comes with getting old).

I usually don't add the second heater until January here, but you probably need em sooner.

edit: thermometer, not thermostat, sorry

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Waldo, you may have bought from a retard store if your heater won't turn back on after the power turns back on. Go to a normal store. I've bought this heater from Newegg.com, right now it's $19 plus free shipping:

(73) $10 off w/ promo code EMCJHKA29, ends 12/15 LASKO 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat LASKO 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat Adjustable Thermostat Co...
3 Quiet Comfort Settings...
Self-Regulating Ceramic ...
Model #: Item #: N82E16896615064

Now: $29.99
Free Shipping

Bob Foster

Emergency backup for when you have a power outage that lasts more than a couple of hours. I own one of these.

cb.jpg

Name
Lee Stockwell
Waldo said:
I only paid 50 bucks for the heaters. Read the post. Need some heaters that turn back on automatically after the power goes out you old bags.

Golden Boy

I got it exactly the first time Mike. You need different heaters. Your's are "too fancy" in that they have a safety feature you DON'T NEED.

Use the heaters you already have in the house or where children may come in contact. That's what those features are for.

Thanks,
Lee

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Ok Art so these Heaters come right back on you dont have to restart them after the power goes out.

Golden Boy

Name
Lee Stockwell
Waldo said:
Ok Art so these Heaters come right back on you dont have to restart them after the power goes out.

Golden Boy

Yes....Si...Ja...positively. That's what we've said from the first reply.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
lol the cheapy ones from walmart or any other like store should.....

i mean i unplug it, it shuts off....

no knob touching

plug it back in AKA power coming back on....it works :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: i know i know, its cool :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyway...i want one i had a few years ago.....

it had a digital readout on top....worked great for the van and i could take a quick peak....not so much for the box.....but a quick open would show me....

they just dont make them anymore.....its only the stupid lines.....how the hell do i know what "temp" it is.....they lie just like all other "advertizing"

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Art Kelley said:
Waldo, you may have bought from a retard store

it's Wal'doh, Art.
prob'ly wudd'unt a retard store, but a wee-tauwd in the store ......buying a heater :lol:

Bob, that little propane heater won't help Wal'doh in the scenario he's concerned about .
But since everyone has gotten 'Doh squared away....
has anyone used the Mr Heater propane heaters ??

..L.T.A,

Bob Foster

I have but I'm not generally exposed to the lower temperatures you get in the OH area. It actually worked quiet well. A small tank lasted around 8 hours. That's why I suggested the adapter and using a grill bottle.

Bob Foster

Larry, your right about the little Coleman heater but I found the Mr. Heater worked quite well

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I also bought one of those single burner Mr. Heater propane ones for emergency .

Looks like Foster's.

Menards had them for around $60 on sale.

The little propane tanks last 5 hours and cost just $2.50 each.

I also have a digital thermometer like Lee that sits under my pump and I can read it from inside.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I use the tall white oil filled heaters that run around $50.00. They dont have a digital control so if the power goes out they come back on when the power does. You also dont have the hot coils that most of the other small heaters have so it reduces the risk of fire.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I like these...

IMG_5886.jpg

when I need them..( yes we do freeze here every now and then )...I just set the dial on what ever I want and close up the truck...normally before I go to bed I will run out and plug in the cord and they come right on...I don't have to climb back in and set them...

don't under estimate these heaters....they put off a lot of heat...

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Re: Re: Portable Space Heaters

Ron Werner said:
when buying the ceramics, try and turn them on first and get the one that has the best air movement. Most of those have crappy fans.
Yup.. and they don't move enough air... if only all had better fans. I like the metal garage utility heaters cause of the fan

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom