Post encap after HWE

John Barham

For those doing this could you give me a little advice on this.

1. Does it just help take the dinginess out of CGD.
2. I dont have a cimex just a 20" roto do you feed it out of the tank or use a sprayer to apply it to the carpet.
3. whats the best pads to use with a roto for this.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
it will make an amazing difference in the carpet. I was one of the most skeptical of encaping carpet but I am a huge fan of it now. I do exactly what you are describing on a regular basis. Both for commercial and residential with looped carpeting. Easiest would be to use your rotary with a beige pad. Just shower feed it for simplicity. The key to encap is a wet stroke and a dry stroke. go over an area shower feeding and then go back over it dry.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
John Barham said:
For those doing this could you give me a little advice on this.

1. Does it just help take the dinginess out of CGD.
Yes, it will improve the appearance and if you use an absorbant pad get the last little bit of crud stuck to the fibers, this really of benefit in heavily soiled areas & on carpets that have potential wicking issues.
2. I dont have a cimex just a 20" roto do you feed it out of the tank or use a sprayer to apply it to the carpet.
A rotary is fine and either shower feed or spray application is acceptable but I prefer to spray my solution down for a bit more control. It helps prevent over wetting and you get a bit better coverage per gallon.
3. whats the best pads to use with a roto for this.
Fiber Plus, Snake Skin Bonnets or ICE BLUE burnishing pads... All of which are available on EncapStore.com. We have more than just shampoo.

I hope that helps...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If it's commercial forget the HWE altogether.

Personally I like to use a backpack sprayer and have a tech spray right ahead of the rotary. I found that a tank doesn't control the solution well and it will throw the solution off the top of the brush/driver.

If done correctly the solution will turn slightly while when you run it over.

I like to use bonnets that have a aggressive strip in them for commercial.

This type of cleaning really kicks ass for commercial. I also, was skeptical at first. Now I have accounts that have never seen HWE in years and the compliments keep coming from the clients.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Well, I wouldn't throw your wand away just yet... There are still situatuions that will make HWE the more efficient and or ethical choice (e.g. extremely high soil load, mold, feces & other biological filth) not to mention some customers will ask for steam specifically. That said, a post bonnet with a good encap will still have benefits in appearnce and customer satisfaction and reduced instances of wicking.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Post-encaping on a trashed CGD carpet can be helpful. If a CGD carpet has been neglected, the backing of the carpet can load up with soil beneath the tuft bundles. You can vacuum and perform HWE till the cows come home but may not be able to flush all that crud out from the base of the fiber. Following up with a good encap detergent can fix the problem. Using a quality encap detergent with a robust polymer package can eliminate the wicking that would otherwise occur with one of these soil-loaded CGD carpets. In fact since wicking is such a common problem with CGD (especially on olefin) it's helpful to include encap on ALL of your CGD carpets - either as a stand alone method, post-encapping, performing HWE using an encap detergent, or pad-capping. You could use FiberPlus pads or FiberPlus Max pads along with Encap-Clean DS2 to achieve kick-butt results. Shower feed the solution through the pad (shower feeding generally gives you better control than spraying and scrubbing). Make a wet-pass / dry-pass combination, avoiding over-wetting. That should really make the carpets POP. And if you can get them into a maintenance program using a good encap product you should be able to get the soil load under a manageable condition and keep the carpet looking great over the long-haul with less effort on your part.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom