Post padding

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
For post padding which is better; cotton pads or the 50/50 rayon polyester pads? Or does it matter. There is a big price difference and my local place only has the cotton ones. Thought I would ask before I order some online.

K P

Since you are post padding I would assume(probably shouldnt) you need them to be pretty absorbent so I would go with all cotton.The 1/2 poly ones are better for smearing "scampoo" around,as Jimmy would say.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Depends on the carpet.

Residential is good for cotton...But don't let it get too dry or it will damage the carpet

Commercial is generally better to use a synthetic of some sort because the carpet is abbrasive and will tear up the bad leaving boogers everywhere etc.

BUT, are you trying to remove MOST of the soil with the pad, just drying it down, preventing wicking?? All factors.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Just for helping dry down, for bad traffic lanes that needed lots of work and to help pull anything out that might be left behind.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Cottons will absorb more...But really, some of the blends will do a good job without tearing up the carpet if you take you're time.

And it also depends on the machine...Rotary or OP?

Rotary you can run dry a bit more without damaging...The OP you have to be careful.

Where's Marty when I need him??

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
For what you are doing, cotton is what you want. They are not cheap but will last for years.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Marty said:
I find myself wondering why ANYBODY would post pad?

trendy board de jour thing from years ago ..it was all the rage at one time... :roll:

and a waste of time ..

Bring in an airmover to aid in drying, Charlie

If you need help in the traffic lanes, add mechanical agitation ....BTW, the scrub comes BEFORE the rinse, not after

if you're having wicking probs on com or short loop piles, examine your wand technique

the only time post padding can "genuinely" be useful (ASSuming the wander actually knows good technique) is when subfloors or concrete pads are uneven.
Cause that causes the wand to skip over the low spots and lose recovery

Spinning a towel then can help

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I was post padding before post padding was cool. :lol:

If you're leaving moisture....You're leaving soil.

Post padding will help get that last little bit on the tips

Not all of it.....But it helps with wicking on bad ones and helps with dry time etc.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brian R said:
I was post padding before post padding was cool. :lol:

If you're leaving moisture....You're leaving soil.

Post padding will help get that last little bit on the tips

Not all of it.....But it helps with wicking on bad ones and helps with dry time etc.

baloney

stick to marking and selling watery milk shAkes

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Now Larry...Am I going to have to school you again? :lol:

Esp in commercial.....and esp if you don't have super duper sucker etc.

Yes, you can clean just fine with HWE and NOT post pad......I'm just sayin.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brian R said:
I'm just sayin.

and I'm just sayin' you're full of beans...
i know chem-lie taught you the wrong way to clean (bonnet after you use their POS squirt 'n suck box)

you might of missed this part;

it's a waste of time ASSuming the wander actually knows good technique

..L.T.A.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
While the cotton pads are more absorbant they're also a bit more aggressive and tend to wear a touch faster than blended pads...

I like these for post padding and bonnet cleaning:
http://encapstore.com/cart/index.php?ma ... cts_id=183

(Mainly because they're pretty cheap and you can shower feed through them).

Anyway, if you're going to post pad you may as well keep a 2 qt. pump up of Snake Oil or other encap on the cord hook for dingy traffic lanes and an easy access general purpose post spotter... Anyway, when I was doing residential I would prescrub with a shampoo brush and rinse with a porable then pad it out to help it dry... Seemed to work pretty well but it took forever to dry and it was a lot of work... My back hurts just thinking about it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Erskine Allin said:
[quote="Brian R":3jgm4r6d]I'm just sayin.

and I'm just sayin' you're full of beans...
i know chem-lie taught you the wrong way to clean (bonnet after you use their POS squirt 'n suck box)

you might of missed this part;

it's a waste of time ASSuming the wander actually knows good technique

..L.T.A.[/quote:3jgm4r6d]

Yes, I suppose I did.

K P

I wish "wand technique" was the answer on fairly dirty commercial,but it isnt,and adding encap as stated above with it,even better.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Blunt said:
I wish "wand technique" was the answer on fairly dirty commercial,but it isnt,and adding encap as stated above with it,even better.

I agree...With commercial carpet ...I got to the point where I would hardly break out the TM...Because I was post padding it anyway.

Chem Hack did the porty followed by the pad...But that was just their "evolution" into the HWE world without admitting it right away....PLUS those porty's were the worst I've ever used.

Residential with a good TM and yes ...decent wand technique ....there is no need....Really ever.

I told you......I was just sayin. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom