Powerclean genesis nxt 59 shutdown problems plz help!

VCSdrew

Hi I'm new to the board, I am having problems with my Powerclean genesis nxt 59 it keeps shutting down and have payed 1100 bucks to get it fixed and still the same thing. Have had the rich and lean fuel sensor replaced. Any ideas? It has a rough idle and runs for about 45 minutes then shuts itself off. Then when I restart it it lasts another 30 minutes or so them the same thing now it's getting harder to start I was told it could be te throttle body or ecu??

XCC

I've heard that the Nissan's ECU could be positioned where it gets overheated and needs to be relocated. If it's shutting down from HX control problems, check that the diverter is opening and closing all the way. If it's hanging up or binding it will overheat and the needle on the temp gauge will contact the shutdown peg ground out the engine. Also for more expert PC help contact Larry White at Guaranteed Cleaning Supply. 708-390-0593

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I'd like to help, but I have the old Ford powered Genesis 59 from '03. My only overheat/shutdown problems is....a malfunctioning diverter valve. I just have to keep an eye on the heat in this hot weather. Try calling Jeff at Express Distributing in Canton Ohio. He was a Powerclean distributor, and worked on more than a few TM's.

Number is....1-866-859-1011. Jeff's a nice guy and will try to help, if he can.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Hi Andrew Matt's machine is in capable hands. So everyone knows we are working on it. First it was his radiator. It was pissing anti-freeze everywhere. We replaced it it ran for a week then started shutting down. His o2 sensor went bad. Replaced it it ran for two days solid then it started shutting down yesterday. Had it in today we replaced the air temp sensor from a known good machine and waiting to hear back from the owner of the machine in the morning. Last shut down sensor is the water temp. Those sensors are not ones we keep in stock so we will have to pull it from a running machine to check them.It isn't the ecu already ruled out.

Andrew in the future so you know most of these guys call us when they have problems with their powerclean machines.

P.S. Matt hasn't paid $1100 and what he has paid ain't anyone's but his business to share.

P.S.S. it is a good thing your being proactive and caring about your employers equipment.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So, how do you rule out the ECU? There are so many of us with the same exact issue and me and 1 or 2 others replaced the ECU and totally eliminated the shutdowns. I also recommend moving the ECU out of the engine area.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Because if it was a ECU issue it wouldn't have been fixed when we replaced the O2 Sensor nor would the over heating problem would have been fixed fixing the raditor that was pissing anti-freeze everywhere. We do this for a living eat shit!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
John- There was no rhyme or reason for my shutdowns. They were sporadic at best. My machine would run on the hottest day of the year and shut down when it was 75 out. It would go through most of the winter with literally no shutdowns and then when it got above 40 it would start again. I replaced every single sensor, coil, injector etc. etc. Now it runs 8 hours straight and only shuts down when the tank is full. Just offering my 2 cents.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I know Doug :) You've been stuck out in no mans land with no help. My boys in the shop are good, unless they are a 100% sure it is the ECU no way are they going to have someone pay for a $1200 part that is non-returnable once it is plug in.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
John"s team of mechanics are very good at what they do...!

They have answer questions for me many times.."knowing that they are to far away" to really
get a lot of repeat business... hey now

I won't go through the story AGAIN...but...If John wasn't so HONEST...he could have ASS-RAPED
me on the purchase of my 805..! I still believe he lost money on the repairs... I've seen Jimmy naked

ONE THING about these NIssan motors ..IS.."It is almost always some thing SIMPLE.."

These "shut down" issues are IN THE SUMMER... :!:
We operate in SUMMER conditions...350 days of the year.. :idea:
On HOT days..."GET SOME FreEkIN AIR MOVING ON THESE UNITS"

HEAT...is the biggest enemy for any engine...ESPECIALLY sensors or any electrical componants.

PARTS FAIL.... KMA!

They way many take care of their equipment..."I am amazed they run at ALL...!"

The BEST..."preventative maintaince" is to keep the units CLEAN..!!!!!!!!! then you can SEE issues
before they become PROBLEMS..."jus sayin".... :idea:

ps Maybe Jim Martin will post pics of the additional FANS he has installed..."AGAIN"

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I would never question Johns' techs qualifications. I've dealt with them, so I know. I'm only offering my personal experiences and trying to help.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am thinking that heat is playing a part in this....things expand and contract when they get excessive heat...causing sporadic problems..... some components don't always react the same...and it makes it hard to figure out..
I applaude Olson for not wanting to put a part on and come to find out that it was not the problem and have to charge for it....I had a problem with my CDS unit and they just kept shooting in the dark and replacing parts and charging me for them and never fixed the problem...finally had to take it up to phoenix and get it fixed...

but this is a double edge sword....when it comes to a component like this the only way to be sure is to really replace it.......I fully understand where Olson is coming from...but if in fact it is not the unit...???????

not to sure that air flow is really his problem...but I know mine was shutting down because of this heat we have and there was not enough air being pushed threw the radiator and across the engine to keep it cool.....once I replaced the fan with one that gave me better air flow it has never happened again...

IMG_5608.jpg

IMG_5609.jpg

IMG_5610.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom