Powermax on a greasy rental..

Name
George Valliant
I'm a Prochem fan too but I don't recall ever using their Powerburst product. I may pick up a teaser jar next time I'm at Interlink.

I love their Upholstery Prespray and their Citrus Solvent so I'm sure they make a decent Pre-spray as well.

I'm guessing it costs about $4 or $5 per pound.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
TimP said:
Duane,

Does it have any O2 in it? Is it compatible with O2.....??? I see the dilutions are pretty low and priced well.

No, Tim. It doesn't contain percarb or perborate. But it is compatible with them.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Accelerator, color safe oxygen bleach, made by masterblend. Normal cleaning-2 cups of powermax for 7 qt hydroforce. Nasty or resterants, I mix 2 1/2 cups of powermax and scrub with a 175 with a 3m red pad. The extra sodium percarbonate,accelerator, saves me from bringing in by 175 at the end of a day on the 2nd floor apartment. It depends on the soil load if I add one or 2 scoops to the powermax in the hydroforce.

DRScrivner

Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
I'm a Prochem fan too but I don't recall ever using their Powerburst product. I may pick up a teaser jar next time I'm at Interlink.

I love their Upholstery Prespray and their Citrus Solvent so I'm sure they make a decent Pre-spray as well.

I'm guessing it costs about $4 or $5 per pound.
$5.35, just bought some.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
The only place I could find accelerator on their website, you had to order it in 55 gal jugs. Can you get it in smaller quanitys?

Does anyone add citrus solve to their powermax? If so what are the results?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea well cobbs figured out to about $1.60 ish

anyone wanna answer my dilution issues....

try using the KISS method

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mamby pambys will use "Nuetral" presprays with a high solvent content that is hard as hell to rinse out .

Real cleaners use the powerburst and use the right dilution to get the job done.

If only it had a tropical scent it would be perfect!

steve r

after reading this post im sure glad i use bane products!

after three years using bane i know what i need and when.
i have never got a bad batch of anything and everything works like it should well except for the machines but thats just a matter of learning it too.

ive been wanting to upgrade but the more i read the boards the more i wonder if i should leave well enough alone.

Greenie

Steve in all fairness Bane depends on high pH to get the work done, doesn't mean it's not good chemistry (if you overlook the brass eating stuff) but it is what it is...high pH....oh and i don't think it rinses any better than anything else.

Larry, you didn't catch the FREE sample threads of the Original PowermaXX?

Besides, what does my cost per pound comment have to do with who sells it or not? I was just commenting on what someone thought was a good price per lb of PowerBurst, which has a shitty cost per lb. You want to pay me $5 a lb, I'll cook up some wicked stuff.

steve r

i thought it ate aluminum but i could be wrong.
i dont think 9 ph is considered high but maybe it is.
as far as rinsing goes i do leave product behind but it doesnt seem to be an issue.the residue i leave is not stickey and leaves carpets soft wet but soft.

my point was that i like to keep it simple and bane definately provides that.yes there are issues with the power of the equipment and for that reason alone id like to upgrade but its hard to beat dependability on the job.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I just talked to our production supervisor this morning and discussed what he saw from the raw material quality control.

He thought the largest variance was in the d-Limonene raw material.
It is however a natural grown product and subject to some variation.

We did reject a d-Limonene order a few weeks ago, because it did not meet our inspection.

I did discuss country of origin, also with our purchasing agent.

Only one raw material is sourced out of the U.S. (it comes from North America).

We are always striving for better quality control.

Larry

TimP

Greenie said:
Steve in all fairness Bane depends on high pH to get the work done, doesn't mean it's not good chemistry (if you overlook the brass eating stuff) but it is what it is...high pH....oh and i don't think it rinses any better than anything else.

Larry, you didn't catch the FREE sample threads of the Original PowermaXX?

Besides, what does my cost per pound comment have to do with who sells it or not? I was just commenting on what someone thought was a good price per lb of PowerBurst, which has a shitty cost per lb. You want to pay me $5 a lb, I'll cook up some wicked stuff.

I asked for the free Powermaxx but never recieved any.

I'd pay for 5 buck a lb powder if I had to mix like 1 oz per gallon or less like the judson modifier and that's all it took and it destroyed the filth and rinsed wonderfully...no resoil. I don't care what it costs per LB but what it costs for RTU and how well it does, in fact I'd rather it be more and have to pay less in shipping for filler.

Powerburst/powermax is good it is expensive but it is what it is. A high cost high ph powder.....but it is strong however I think it needs some O2 in it to make it formulated correctly....or something, it seems to be missing a something to me. But like I said before I don't like to breath that stuff in....I prefer more natural products in it and less toxic as long as it will clean. And that's where powermax fits in for me.

DRScrivner

Greenie said:
Hey now, I didn't say the price was good. Went to the only supply house that is local (Interlink) to pick up a 6.5 pound jug to try out.

Maybe, just maybe jImMy will quit calling me Ricky G's "Lap Dog" if I try some of his beloved Powerburst. If I like it I ain't paying that price again I will find a better deal.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
"Hey Moe I said add a 32 oz of this powder , not that rat poison on the floor!"

"And get that bucket shipped today!'

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greenie said:
Besides, what does my cost per pound comment have to do with who sells it or not? I was just commenting on what someone thought was a good price per lb of PowerBurst, which has a shitty cost per lb. .

efficacy is more important than cost, GreenJuan.

if you cleaned for living, you'd think the same way

With all the samples you sent out, maybe pmXX can become the new board De Juor juice

all it takes is a couple "popular' dudes to say it's the chit and the "tag-a-longs" , as Marty calls them will be on board
and pmXX will be best ever...

til the next de juor juice...

It's too predictable.

..L.T.A.

The Preacher

i keep telling you suckmoppers to call CSN in Pensacola and get some 2112!!!

last time i'm gonna say it in this DAT!!!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
White Collar;

PowerMax does have a significant percentage of d-Limonene.

It also has a fair amount of Percarbonate as an oxidizer.

Once that is diluted 10-1 in a HydroForce inline sprayer, the effects are lessened.

You can either d-Limonene or Percarbonate (our Powder Brightener) to boost the prespray.

After you have used the product for a few weeks, I would try to determine the condition of the carpet to be cleaned. Then you can either increase the concentration ~25% or look at some additional boooster of the type mentioned above.

Larry

Greenie

I'm now convinced Curtis is crazy, cause i cleaned with Powermaxx long before I ever sold a chemical, that is how I even knew about it, cause one of my glide customers has been making it for the family business since he was in grade school, now it's for sale nationally.

So I don't know what BS MeAt is spewing, but it's a good product at a good price, ask Mikey, he was one of the first ones I ever turned on to it.

All you guys waiting on samples, sorry it took so long, I had to buy some containers etc...as FibermaXX isn't really set up to supply 2lb samples, and stuff took a bit longer than expected, must have sent out 20 samples yesterday and today...damn postage is more than the product...lol

Will send out more tomorrow and Fri, hang tight, I'm not made of money.

TimP

Greenie you should of asked for postage many of us would of paid.

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Larry I havn't had any clumping issues with any of the powermax I've used. What I did was go to a pet food store and buy a pet food container that seals air tight ( has a rubber gasket) and is easy to open. I bought a container that holds about 1 weeks worth of powder. I did this also for the Powder brightner (sodium P ). I think all of us should be using air tight container with our powder chems.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Greenie said:
damn postage is more than the product...lol

Will send out more tomorrow and Fri, hang tight, I'm not made of money.

I'll pay my postage Jeff

You got my card just charge it .. lol

Back
Top Bottom