Powermax

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
If you read the first post i was wanting to know if it was normal for it to separate like this. douche

Name
BradFenstermaker
Fella's do you never pre mix the powder presprays in a seperate bucket of hot water and stir?? Then pour in hydro with filter covered with a knee high??? Have done this for 9 yrs and any powder I use dissolve great.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ive been saying this for years about pm

there is something else going on here.........my thermalwave broke down after my first job last Monday....I had just made a new batch for that job...( small 2 area )....dropped the truck off at the house and picked up the van and finished my day.....thermalwave stayed broke down for 3 days....after I got it going again I seen the batch of powermax that I mixed up and it hardly had any separation at all....

Mikey P

Administrator
Didn't you guys get the service bulletin about setting your torque converters on your Hydroforces to high before using Power Max?

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I don't use a Hydroforce much but is it possible his is back flowing air or water into the jug making it do that?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
there is something else going on here.........my thermalwave broke down after my first job last Monday....I had just made a new batch for that job...( small 2 area )....dropped the truck off at the house and picked up the van and finished my day.....thermalwave stayed broke down for 3 days....after I got it going again I seen the batch of powermax that I mixed up and it hardly had any separation at all....

Nothing elses is going on here other than he got a batch that was not as good.. years ago I had a couple of buckets that were ordered the same time and I used them up completely with the separation issue...I figured it was normal...

Then I got another couple of buckets that were mixing well and never separated and got used to that...until another bucket did the same separating act... The last two buckets I had were mixing well. I just ran out of them completely. Now I'm using up other presprays I had around.

I guess I won't order Powermax until it is back on good terms with hot water.

PS: I mix it with my El D hot water.. so heat is not an issue. It is a powermax issue form time to time...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Nothing elses is going on here other than he got a batch that was not as good.. years ago I had a couple of buckets that were ordered the same time and I used them up completely with the separation issue...I figured it was normal...

Then I got another couple of buckets that were mixing well and never separated and got used to that...until another bucket did the same separating act... The last two buckets I had were mixing well. I just ran out of them completely. Now I'm using up other presprays I had around.

I guess I won't order Powermax until it is back on good terms with hot water.

PS: I mix it with my El D hot water.. so heat is not an issue. It is a powermax issue form time to time...

I don't know when he got his...but like I said before...my last 2 buckets have been off....but they did not separate like that....

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I don't know when he got his...but like I said before...my last 2 buckets have been off....but they did not separate like that....

I just got a new bucket last week. I have not even used it yet but it's on the truck and will be used tomorrow. I will let you know if I have any mixing issues like that. What I did notice were large yellow clumps in the 45# pail. The ones I found I just broke down.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I just got this bucket about a week and a half ago.

I am going to be home around 3 today....if you want ...bring it over and let me look at it...and pick up some of mine....use it and see if it does the same thing........

Reactions: CrazyRay

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i just ordered some...we will see what it is like...

the last batch i got didnt "bubble" the pails as much as usual.....but i have noticed no issues in cleaning...

as far as rinsing....i just did a bunch of jobs, that i did anywhere from 6 mths to a year ago...HEAVY use in these places....

and it looked as much as 50% better then when i cleaned it last time....and i HIT IT HARD.. when i cleaned it the 1st time....

ill get some pictures later

Reactions: Larry Cobb

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
So my brand new pail was used today. I had about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of foam at the top using about 12 oz of PowerMax. Cleaned fine for me today.

Reactions: Larry Cobb

hogjowl

Idiot™
I just received my pail and I am sitting here looking at it as I type this. The instructions on the label tell me to mix 8 oz (1 cup) per gallon for prespray. Sounds like A LOT! It has NOTHING on it indicating how to mix it for a hydroforce. How did you guys come up with the 12 oz in 5 quarts?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I just received my pail and I am sitting here looking at it as I type this. The instructions on the label tell me to mix 8 oz (1 cup) per gallon for prespray. Sounds like A LOT! It has NOTHING on it indicating how to mix it for a hydroforce. How did you guys come up with the 12 oz in 5 quarts?

Ignore the 8 oz reference.
For some reason Larry refuses to update his instructions even though just about everyone that reads them is confused.

Start at 1.5- 2 oz per gallon per gallon of total prespray output.

Powermax kicks azz.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I do 12-16 in a hydro. Came up with that, cuz that's what worked for me. Yes, the directions seem a bit goofy IMO

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have used this stuff for so long..most the time I could not tell you the exact mix I use........but it is never what the instructions say....after I look over the job..I pretty much know the amount I am going to need to get it clean.........

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

It's funny (or sad) Marty, how you always have this total debbie downer attitude about all the different types of threads instead of reading what's in those threads... I mean come on man- how many times over the years was this disscussed? We all know that Larry refuses to put better instructions on the labels...

Btw if you know your hydroforce output you can easily come up with the dilution ration. 8oz per gallon is for pump up type. And yes if you are calculating that number to hydroforce numbers, it will bring you up in over 20pz per hydroforce (5qt). But you don't ever need that much in there. Like others have confessed- you won't need more than a cup or cup and a half..

So instead of constantly complaining and bringing other people down, you should listen so you don't have d. a. questions..you are a seasoned veteran not a newbie- but you sure come up with some pretty newbie sounding questions from time to time.

Reactions: ruff

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
It's funny (or sad) Marty, how you always have this total debbie downer attitude about all the different types of threads instead of reading what's in those threads... I mean come on man- how many times over the years was this disscussed? ..............you are a seasoned veteran not a newbie- but you sure come up with some pretty newbie sounding questions from time to time.

I was thinking the same thing myself.....I mean for the amount of time he spends here miserably picking through every thread, he should be well aware of the issue and should be able to judge for himself.....like the big boys do.....how much of any prespray to start with when evaluating a new one.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland

8 0z per gallon would require 64 0z per gallon for a hydroforce at 8 to 1.

Reactions: hogjowl

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Marty;

For a Truckmount user with Inline Sprayer - 1.5 Cups per 5 Qt. Container.
That is 12 oz./1.25 Gal. or ~ 10 oz per Gallon.
Divided by 8, that equals 1.25 oz per gallon of prespray.

Portable usage requires much more PowerMax.

1. Portable users have much less power & NO heat available.
{Equals 4 oz/gallon prespray from extractor}

2. Pump-ups are commonly used by portable users;
and they spray maybe 50% as much liquid.
{Equals 8 oz/gallon in pump up}

Product Data sheet has all the directions and MSDS on back.

Thanks;

Larry

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's funny (or sad) Marty, how you always have this total debbie downer attitude about all the different types of threads instead of reading what's in those threads... I mean come on man- how many times over the years was this disscussed? We all know that Larry refuses to put better instructions on the labels...

Btw if you know your hydroforce output you can easily come up with the dilution ration. 8oz per gallon is for pump up type. And yes if you are calculating that number to hydroforce numbers, it will bring you up in over 20pz per hydroforce (5qt). But you don't ever need that much in there. Like others have confessed- you won't need more than a cup or cup and a half..

So instead of constantly complaining and bringing other people down, you should listen so you don't have d. a. questions..you are a seasoned veteran not a newbie- but you sure come up with some pretty newbie sounding questions from time to time.

What do you guys do, figure out what YOU think the dilution ratio should be and ignore the mfg. suggested rate? As for supposedly being able to remember what has been discussed over the years and what suggestions have been made, if you guys can keep up with all that ... if you guys even WANT to keep up with all that ... you might want to think twice before accusing ME of "miserably picking through the threads".

Because you two need a life.

hogjowl

Idiot™
What IS the deal with you Larry? Why in the world would you insist on keeping such an inadequate instruction sticker?

I mixed up a batch in my hydroforce this afternoon (1.5 cups) and used it on a commercial job. It did good. I was happy with how it cleaned. It doesn't smell quite as good as Judson's O2.

I noticed it seperated like whoever it was up above complained about. However, being the innovative guy I am, I shook it up without breaking a sweat and continued on the job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom