Powermax

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
its called starting low and working your way up....

do you use the EXACT same amount o prespray on EVERY job??

AND LARRY.....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
HUMMM posted it for me before i was ready...

Larry... when are you going to fix your labeling??

like even 1-4 oz a gallon for electric sprayers....

1-2 cups in a inline....

really easy

hogjowl

Idiot™
8 oz's per gallon in a pump up or electric sprayer is NOT starting low. That is high. I know NOW that label suggestion is wrong, according to the answers in this thread, but I have no idea how the two einsteins above think I was supposed to know that?

Yes, I DO use the same dilution ratio all the time with Judson's. 2 oz's per gallon ... on everything. The label on Judson's say's 2 to 4 oz's. 2 is all I ever need.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
What do you guys do, figure out what YOU think the dilution ratio should be and ignore the mfg. suggested rate? As for supposedly being able to remember what has been discussed over the years and what suggestions have been made, if you guys can keep up with all that ... if you guys even WANT to keep up with all that ... you might want to think twice before accusing ME of "miserably picking through the threads".

Because you two need a life.

:lol: now you are listening! :lol:

Oh and I have a pretty freaking awesome life! Many many people would kill for it..

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Portable usage requires much more PowerMax.

1. Portable users have much less power & NO heat available. This does not mean porty users can only clean with cold water.
{Equals 4 oz/gallon prespray from extractor}....From extractor???? Whud dat mean??

2. Pump-ups are commonly used by portable users;
and they spray maybe 50% as much liquid.
{Equals 8 oz/gallon in pump up}
Here is where you loose me......No one in their right mind is mixing PM at 8 oz to one gallon because they only use a pump up sprayer and "only spray a little", and if there are people doing it, they are so few and far between that they are irrelevant. To include an 8oz per gallon reference so prominently in your instructions, and time and time.....and time again confuse the shiet out of every new user, for a few dumbasses that don't know what they are doing, and are quite frankly "out of the loop", boggles my mind.

I'll say again...Larry, your Powermax kicks azz, and even kicks ass at lower than 2oz per gallon dilutions.......but even as a porty hack myself, I have trouble believing that it would ever need to be mixed stronger than 3-4 oz per gallon.

Product Data sheet has all the directions and MSDS on back.

Thanks;

Larry

8 oz is just silly under any circumstance.

tngvegas

Loren, it would actually be 72 oz. because an 8 to 1 mix uses 9 gallons of total ps solution. And 9 x 8 = 72

I have seen here that some guys use other rpresprays and mix powermax in with it for really nasty carpet. if so that would make the powermax last a long time.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don't want to get into having to mix it with anything. Nor do I want to use it if it requires a mixing ratio of 8 oz. per gallon! But, the is a moot point, as it seems a lower ratio is adequate.

However, the only reason I ordered it is because someone brought it to my attention that PM was "3 or 4 times less expensive than Judsons" (and works just as good), and I wanted to see if he was right or not.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
8 oz is just silly under any circumstance.
I've been using PM as a prespray for about 3-4 weeks now. I use a 5 gallon Stainless steel old soda dispenser (for some reason I'm having trouble remembering the technical name for it) and put in 3 gallons of cold water and 6 oz of PM. I've been also adding 3 oz of Bridgepoints Citrus Solv to it too. I try to mix a full container the night before to give it plenty of time to dissolve but there are times I need to mix during the day so I try to do that at the end of a job to give it time before I start the next job.

I think I'm going to eliminate the Citrus Solv to see if I notice a difference. I've been really happy with the results I've had so far but if I don't need the Citrus Solv I can reduce costs. That stuff is rediculously expensive. The PM is also quite a bit more cost effective than the liquid product I was using before.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I've been using PM as a prespray for about 3-4 weeks now. I use a 5 gallon Stainless steel old soda dispenser (for some reason I'm having trouble remembering the technical name for it) and put in 3 gallons of cold water and 6 oz of PM. I've been also adding 3 oz of Bridgepoints Citrus Solv to it too. I try to mix a full container the night before to give it plenty of time to dissolve but there are times I need to mix during the day so I try to do that at the end of a job to give it time before I start the next job.

I think I'm going to eliminate the Citrus Solv to see if I notice a difference. I've been really happy with the results I've had so far but if I don't need the Citrus Solv I can reduce costs. That stuff is ridiculously expensive.
The PM is also quite a bit more cost effective than the liquid product I was using before.

Thanks for reporting that, Barry.

That is our intent.

Larry

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
Ive been using Powermax for 6 years. I've never had issues mixing in my hydroforce or residue on a commercial or residue issues anywhere.... That seperation looks weird, never seen that before?

I used to boost with Sodium Percarbonate on nastys and boost with citrus solvent on tile. I haven't boosted with SP for over a year (except urine jobs) and most tile jobs I don't add citrus anymore, Powermax has citrus and sp already in it so just add more powder if you want it stronger.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
back to the

WHY WONT YOU CHANGE THE LABELING QUESTION???

also if you dont have a softner....regular water works as well.....

and to the other guy.....WTF are you putting citra in it??? it already has it....

Mikey P

Administrator
Who here uses PM with just a soft water rinse?

What about a weak emulsifier?

Larry, do you have a California complaint version with bunnies and a Ying and a Yang on the label?

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
"8 0z per gallon would require 64 0z per gallon for a hydroforce
link1.gif
at 8 to 1"

Loren, it would actually be 72 oz. because an 8 to 1 mix uses 9 gallons of total ps solution. And 9 x 8 = 72

I have seen here that some guys use other rpresprays and mix powermax in with it for really nasty carpet. if so that would make the powermax last a long time.

I don't think so. 72 oz. would be a 9:1 ratio. However, your total would be 9 gallons, as you mentioned. One gallon of the prespray mixture plus 8 gallons of water equal 9 gallons total.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Since Larry won't answer the question about the label, let me take a shot at guessing.

Obviously, the 8 oz. per gallon suggestion on the label, for pump up sprayers, is too high; however, most carpet cleaners are so used to 8 oz's per gallon mix ratios, that they automatically opt. for that. If it is on the label, they will go with the flow, unless they are directed otherwise. Larry sells more product, and most BDCC's are none the wiser.

I think Larry is happy that way.

I have been using it for two days now. It is too soon, of course to make a fair comparison yet, but for the past two days it seems that mixing PM at 1.5 oz per gallon is not quite sufficient to compare well with Judson's mixed at 2 oz's + 1 scoop of booster (which is my normal prespray). I do a school tomorrow and will try PM at 2 oz. per gallon.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Who here uses PM with just a soft water rinse?

What about a weak emulsifier?

Larry, do you have a California complaint version with bunnies and a Ying and a Yang on the label?

I haven't used a rinse in I don't remember when....

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I almost always run PM with just a soft water rinse. Every once in a while I run Hydramaster's Clear Water Rinse to clean up the QD's and heat ex changer a bit.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yes, I was speaking of the hot sause midifier. My daily, and almost never changed, mixture of O2 is 2 oz's plus 1/2 oz (1 scoop) of modifier. I use his rinse also.

I have heard so much about PM that I wanted to test it to see if it meets my needs. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE JUDSON'S PRODUCTS, but if I can get a neutral powder that will clean as well in all situations as Judson's, then it would save me money on shipping. Plus, judging solely on mixing suggestions (not the label directions) I have been given from you guys, PM is possibly cheaper in the rtu state, as well.

But ... will it clean as well ...

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Since Larry won't answer the question about the label, let me take a shot at guessing.

Obviously, the 8 oz. per gallon suggestion on the label, for pump up sprayers, is too high; however, most carpet cleaners are so used to 8 oz's per gallon mix ratios, that they automatically opt. for that. If it is on the label, they will go with the flow, unless they are directed otherwise. Larry sells more product, and most BDCC's are none the wiser.

I think Larry is happy that way.

I have been using it for two days now. It is too soon, of course to make a fair comparison yet, but for the past two days it seems that mixing PM at 1.5 oz per gallon is not quite sufficient to compare well with Judson's mixed at 2 oz's + 1 scoop of booster (which is my normal prespray). I do a school tomorrow and will try PM at 2 oz. per gallon.

Marty;

I don't care about the dilution used . . .

if the customer gets the results they want.

On your testing . . .

test an equal dollar amount of PowerMax, with whatever you want to test against.

That way you will understand, which product gives you the best VALUE.

Larry

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
It's obvious you don't care about about coming off as greedy either Larry.

but to your defense , you're not the only chem manufacturer who "preys" on those to stupid to test or use a calculator.

maybe you need to private label a version just for MB'rs.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
It's obvious you don't care about about coming off as greedy either Larry.

but to your defense , you're not the only chem manufacturer who "preys" on those to stupid to test or use a calculator.

maybe you need to private label a version just for MB'rs.

And a free 45lb pail to the guy that comes up with the best name for it...right? :lol:

So
mbmax
MiLa-max (mikey larry)
Bdj powder (board de Jour)
Mb powermax
S E powermax
Forummax

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Or
Dallas star dust
Cowboy's power
Don't mess with max
Cowboys powder
MaXvericks (nba)
Eco max (either Enzyme Citrus Oxidizer or Economical)

Last edited:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea yea we get that larry....

but what about the dumb arses out there....

8 oz is a lot to rinse out....even for the high flow set ups.....

and its over kill for lightly soiled......

THE bigger question is.....why you being so stubborn about it:oldrolleyes:

Mikey P

Administrator
Or
Dallas star dust
Cowboy's power
Don't mess with max
Cowboys powder
MaXvericks (nba)
Eco max (either Enzyme Citrus Oxidizer or Economical)

Larry is always straight and to the point. In print and in person.

So why stop now.

call the stuff "Larry's Boat Payment"

at a continued 8 ounce per gal his Ski Boat will stay afloat due to the increased $urface tension.

At 2 ounces Larry would have to be Mark Spitz to get back to shore.

Last edited:
Reactions: hogjowl

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas

Marty, are you using a electric or inline sprayer?
Don't be afraid to go to 4 ounces (if needed) of Powermax if using an electric sprayer.
Your still at 1/2 the cost of O2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom