prescrubbed with Host machine, brush marks wouldn't come out

Name
BradFenstermaker
Pretty sure it was a construction grade plush nylon. Pretreated and extracted but needed more attention.

Preteated again and host scrubbed with white brushes. Extracted and the brush marks wouldn't remove?

Looked like I had grandi groomed it aggresively.

Used the grandi brush excessively and it looked okay. Told client it will walk out in a few days.

Why did this happen and never on any other job I scrubbed in the last few yrs?

Bob Foster

Re: prescrubbed with Host machine, brush marks wouldn't come

It will walk out. The whites are mild brushes.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller

used my rotovac on a commercial once when i first got it. it really changed the look of the pile. i was afraid it would't come out so i never used it again. works awesome on residential .

gene

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy

Have you tried pile lifting?

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach

WE cleaned a whole house today of tan frieze. Wanded part of the living room and decided to break out the RV 360i. Pulled tons of dirt out of the part we already thoroughly wanded. The rv rocks.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

If you folded some of the nap down hard enough you've effectively caused corn-rowing. The reason this happens is that the pressure applied when trying to be aggressive makes the brush bristles align - imagine backwards saw blades pushing the nap down. Easier to have this happen on low-grade carpet but can happen with any plush carpet.

If it doesn't improve with normal foot traffic and vacuuming, the cure can be very gentle pile lifting with the pile lifter hooked to a truck mount for maximum vacuum and pile lifting in multiple directions. Or hands and knees pick work with a hand-held Grandi Groomer.

I think we've all learned not to use a Rotovac on direct glue commercial loop. Those marks will be there next year.

Grant D

Some carpets need the gold brushes. Usually the white are not too aggressive, but for a few soft nylons and wool the gold are what you need.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller

won't all rotary's leave the same marks ? my only experience was the one time and that was enough. i use it strictly for residential. i would't even try the new hoss on the glue down. i was looking at the zipper but never got the chance.

gene

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner

KevinL said:
WE cleaned a whole house today of tan frieze. Wanded part of the living room and decided to break out the RV 360i. Pulled tons of dirt out of the part we already thoroughly wanded. The rv rocks.
did ya vacuum first?!

I've had that happen after prescrubbing, with both a Whittaker and a Sebo. I think it dries and then just needs to be readjusted when rinsing. The holed glide doesn't agitate it enough to correct it when wanding. The Hybrid glide usually straightens it out. Grooming with a real grooming brush, not the grandi, immediately afterward usually corrects it.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

won't all rotary's leave the same marks ?
The 360 or RX-20 don't leave a semi-permanent pie-wedge mark. This only seems to happen on direct-glue commercial loop, so that's the only place I'd avoid using a Rotovac.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

I Rotovaced a DGD with an uneven floor years ago. It left permenent marks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom