Price hike..

Mikey P

Administrator
Its been years, 7 or 8 actually since we've raised out already highest in town prices

And we're long over due..

How much is too much?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Lift them by 10%.

Generally I lose a few cheapies, but the extra $$$ + less hours worked, evens things out.

This equates to same dollars, less working hours, less expense.

Not everyone, (as you know), wants the cheapest price around.

I'd also explain how long it has been since your last price rise and that you have absorbed all extra price increases from suppliers, insurance, gas, Medihoax, etc;

:yoda:

Reactions: Donwand and Mikey P

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We went up .02 cents per sq foot on carpets....about 5% you could say....and then adjusted some other services by looking at our time it was taking to perform the services and adjusting upward such as upholstery.....

hogjowl

Idiot™
I went up 6 cents per s.f. this year because it had been 6 years since a hike. I couldn't believe it when I realized it. Some of my customer freaked. I don't THINK I've lost any over it, but man have a few of them complained! I just told them the truth and left it at that.

It's 1 cent a year, every year from now on out.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I went up 6 cents per s.f. this year because it had been 6 years since a hike. I couldn't believe it when I realized it. Some of my customer freaked. I don't THINK I've lost any over it, but man have a few of them complained! I just told them the truth and left it at that.

It's 1 cent a year, every year from now on out.
We also go up each year. 5% is average. If it's 3 years then it is 15%. We don't tell them it has increased. Just give a total cost.

Ron K

I'd also explain how long it has been since your last price rise and that you have absorbed all extra price increases from suppliers, insurance, gas, Medihoax, etc;

I agree with everything but this sounds a bit like guilt or whining. JMO:very_drunk:

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
I have been going up .2 cents a year for the last 10 years just started charging .42 moving furniture and .36 on empty rooms.

Name
Lee Stockwell
As Nike says, "just do it". A little at a time, no speeches, no announcements or explanations needed.

If you've fallen that far behind, just do it in smaller steps, more often.

Reactions: Askal

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Its been years, 7 or 8 actually since we've raised out already highest in town prices

And we're long over due..

How much is too much?

Yes, you are long over due. Which will make the increase you should do, very noticeable.

We raise our prices every year at least $5 per room. We stayed consistent with upholstery and protection for a few years, but raised them both this year. No one has said a thing.

Average job has at least 5 rooms, many have more. It's a 'painless' $25+ for each carpet job. Multiply that buy the number of jobs you do per year and it's a nice increase that no one really notices.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Just did this - $5 per room increase. Additional $20 increase on pet urine treatment/enzymes. Haven't had any complaints. Only time we had problems was raising our min. to service from $80 to $120 about 6 months ago. $80 min just wasn't cutting it with all the extra costs of employees, etc.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I might increase our prices once we are booked 2 weeks in advance again.. I know many cleaners feel its a "Badge of honor" to be booked 2 or more weeks out-- but this could be a sign that your prices are too low.

Our customers don't seem to like waiting 2 weeks to get their carpets done-- so I'll raise the prices to weed out the cheap-skates

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I never mention it I just do it. Some will say you went up and I just say I gave myself a raise. Most don't care. I do have one older lady who always gives me greef. She's over 90 now and the other day she called and haggled with me. She claimed she had a two room add for 80 and I shouldn't be more. I finally gave in and agreed to charge her the same as last year. Been cleaning for her over twenty years and since her husband died she's gotten tight with the money. The visit will take longer than the cleaning.

Gene

Reactions: jcooper

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
The visit will take longer than the cleaning.

Ahhhh, we all have the crazy old ladies... I have one that follows me around her four room house while I clean, we talk about her cats. lol!

It's a hundred dollar job that's 40 minutes away and take two hours because of her! Just gotta suck it up and do it. It's good "carpet cleaning karma".

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom