Price list

Name
Evets
Anyone have their price list on their website? Good idea or no?
I'm not very fond of the the Bronze, Silver, and Gold pkgs but like the idea of having two prices to choose from. One for traffic areas only and one for moving furniture and protector included.
I don't charge extra for rotary extraction either, just sounds a bit snaky to me. We clean dirty carpet - its included in the price.

Name
Evets
SF just doesn't work for me. We give a lot of phone estimates and introducing SF pricing into the conversation seems to confuse the customer.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Anyone have their price list on their website? Good idea or no?
I'm not very fond of the the Bronze, Silver, and Gold pkgs but like the idea of having two prices to choose from. One for traffic areas only and one for moving furniture and protector included.
I don't charge extra for rotary extraction either, just sounds a bit snaky to me. We clean dirty carpet - its included in the price.

no...the object is to get the phone to ring so you can sell yourself and your service....if you advertise your prices...then you eliminated a reason for most to call you....
do a good job at selling yourself...and most wont question your price...........

Name
Evets
no...the object is to get the phone to ring so you can sell yourself and your service....if you advertise your prices...then you eliminated a reason for most to call you....
do a good job at selling yourself...and most wont question your price...........
I close probably 98% of the phone calls we get, but the 35 year olds and younger talk with their fingers and thumbs and aren't exactly into a back and forth conversation.
They want the convenience of doing business online whenever the mood strikes. I.E. read the info, get the price, book the job - no chit chat.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I have always had my prices on my website. Keeps the price shoppers away. Usually when a person calls they are ready to book the job because my website does a good job of presenting my company and most are referrals anyway. I hate spending 20 minutes trying to sell myself. Do you want me to clean your damn carpet or not?

Chris A

Name
Chris
All I hear from my customers are horror stories about trying to find contractors for anything about getting pricing, getting guys to show up, follow through etc. A huge part of our competitive advantage is doing things that we think are basic that our competitors aren't. If your price is reasonable and applies to most situations, why not put it to the public and get it out of the way?

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
I close probably 98% of the phone calls we get, but the 35 year olds and younger talk with their fingers and thumbs and aren't exactly into a back and forth conversation.
They want the convenience of doing business online whenever the mood strikes. I.E. read the info, get the price, book the job - no chit chat.
Yes, I’m one of those and I’m on the biz end of the phone. A customer called today and talked for 20 minutes and it was the most inconvenient thing... haha. Our prices are on our website but I don’t know why we bother cause no one looks at them.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I gave a quote in person and then 2hrs later he phoned me to email him a quote... umm no, I've given a quote I dont feel the need to email you for an $180 job

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
for not much more than min charge quite correct

If it was a large job and he wanted to think about and compare prices maybe..

he booked when I said I don't have time to email you a written quote this time of year

Reactions: Cleanworks

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I gave a quote in person and then 2hrs later he phoned me to email him a quote... umm no, I've given a quote I dont feel the need to email you for an $180 job
Here's what pisses me off. And this has happened multiple times to me. I schedule a job 24 miles away. I get there. Do the walk through, take out my hoses. Then the tenant comes up to me and says, "Hey, there is a leak and the carpet is wet in this corner." I lifted the carpet and I could see the tac strip was rotted and mushy. There was also dirt that had come in from under the house with the water.

The customer decides to cancel the job. Now I'm pissed.Then, he has the nerve to ask me to take pictures and document my findings in a report he can give his landlord. I look at him, smile and say "Sure thing". I then roll up my hoses and leave. He will never get the report. Like I have time for that nonsense. I used to charge $50 to do such things, but not anymore. It always felt like a school homework assignment to me that I hated doing. So now I just don't do them anymore.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Hanging around Marty has turned you into a pr1ck..

..L.T.A.

522734_173955882753294_475422508_n.jpg

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom