Pricing info on website?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
So I finally put together my own website.Now I need to learn about Search Engine Optimization and all that.
A friend of mine who lives in Germany looked at it and he said that over there businesses generally list prices or else people get suspicious and won't call.
I see his point but I don't know how much of an issue it is over here in the states.I don't want to be one of those 5 rooms for 100.- guys and compete on price. Do you guys think I should add some type of pricing info on my site?

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I know most people prefer to not put price on, but I do. Otherwise I would be answering price shopping calls all day. You don't have to be a cheap room pricer for it to work. I'm a 5 rooms for $215 guy which is kind of high for my area and I get tons of work from my website. If you have someone answering the phone for you when it rings then I can see how it would be better to have them call then convert them to a customer. Usually when I get a call the caller is ready to book the job because my website has told them all they need to know.

Reactions: todg

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Usually when I get a call the caller is ready to book the job because my website has told them all they need to know.

and that is what a site is supposed to do. Next step is to let them book.... It's interesting that people think that putting their pricing online is giving up their quality. I might suggest that your friend across the pond is correct; not putting pricing information on your site might suggest that the value proposition of your services has not been sold by the website.

Truthfully now - I would love to know how many people that choose to NOT put pricing on their website choose to put pricing on their flyers or other forms of marketing. I'll hang up and wait for my answer. :)

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Do you guys think I should add some type of pricing info on my site?

I wouldn't...

You are loosing the opportunity to convince them why they should choose you. IMO...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I would never list prices. I refuse to let price to be the determining factor of why a prospect chooses my company. Price should be one of the last reasons to choose a service provider.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I'm going to hold off on a pricing page. When I get an inquiry I usually say something like "to give you an exact price I need to see the carpet, but I can give you a range, give or take 30 dollars......"
Is this OK or is there a better way to answer that question?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Your video on your site says see our websites for specials. So whats Your specials?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Your video on your site says see our websites for specials. So whats Your specials?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Well, so far there's that 10% off coupon for sending me an e-mail off my site. I know it's not much of a special. I'm still working on the site.I could do an additional special somewhere on the site.Maybe I could put the also where the 10% coupon is on the front page? What would be a good special to run? clean 3 rooms 4th free? Or clean 1 sofa get free recliner for upholstery? Or offering a 30% discount for upholstery with a carpet cleaning?
I suppose I could get enough different specials to justify it's own page but maybe i should rotate them and only have one at a time?

Back
Top Bottom