Pricing structure explanation

Luky

Name
Mario
Do you have meaningful conversation with some of your stellar accounts about how you price the jobs?
One of my customer had questions about what he thought was contradictory charges for carpet cleaning of some of his units. As example he mentioned that I charged him $255 for a few rooms, hall and WIC and today I charged him $300 for only two rooms. I welcomed this conversation for a two reasons : for one, I'd hate to loose a great customer because they think that they're being constantly overcharged, and two, it was great opportunity to explain the logistic aspects of some cleaning projects. Today's job was a perfect example; five story condo building with a limited reach from the ground( busy parking and underground garage traffic coming in and out) no contractors elevator in the building, hassle of pulling up /suspending of vacuum hoses, etc. I valued the fact that customer didn't discuss the matter via text message or phone call and rather preferred face to face conversation.
Have you experienced similar situation and how did you react?
Should I put more emphasis on interpersonal aspect of the business or I'm overthinking the matter?

Name
Swani
The only confusion we really get is with new customers. We measure each room and charge by the square foot of what the room measures. They will sometimes enquire if furniture or beds aren't getting moved can they have a discount because it's less carpet to clean. I always reply that I understand where they are coming from, but that I would actually be more inclined to give a discount if all the furniture was moved, and that even though we charge by the sq. ft, it's really about a measurement of time. I explain it that it's like mowing a yard or painting, and that the more stuff you have to go around the longer it takes.

Then I show them my Devistator Wand and how I can actually clean under and around every thing.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Do you have meaningful conversation with some of your stellar accounts about how you price the jobs?
One of my customer had questions about what he thought was contradictory charges for carpet cleaning of some of his units. As example he mentioned that I charged him $255 for a few rooms, hall and WIC and today I charged him $300 for only two rooms. I welcomed this conversation for a two reasons : for one, I'd hate to loose a great customer because they think that they're being constantly overcharged, and two, it was great opportunity to explain the logistic aspects of some cleaning projects. Today's job was a perfect example; five story condo building with a limited reach from the ground( busy parking and underground garage traffic coming in and out) no contractors elevator in the building, hassle of pulling up /suspending of vacuum hoses, etc. I valued the fact that customer didn't discuss the matter via text message or phone call and rather preferred face to face conversation.
Have you experienced similar situation and how did you react?
Should I put more emphasis on interpersonal aspect of the business or I'm overthinking the matter?
There's a reason they make portables

Luky

Name
Mario
There's a reason they make portables
You missing the point, sir. I have Endeavour, so portable is not the issue, I was asking for your experience in dealing with commercial prospects and allowing them openly express their opinion about pricing. (or keep it strictly business?)
I admit that I am guilty of not keeping business relationships more friendly.

If I used a portable, the cost would be the same, maybe slightly higher. I had the impression that everyone charges more when using portable, Am I wrong?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You missing the point, sir. I have Endeavour, so portable is not the issue, I was asking for your experience in dealing with commercial prospects and allowing them openly express their opinion about pricing. (or keep it strictly business?)
I admit that I am guilty of not keeping business relationships more friendly.

If I used a portable, the cost would be the same, maybe slightly higher. I had the impression that everyone charges more when using portable, Am I wrong?
I charge the same for truck mount, portable or vlm. My portable set up is quick and efficient. Costs me less than using the truck mount. Why would I charge more?

Last edited:
Reactions: AlienAgent

sassyotto

Name
Paul
The only confusion we really get is with new customers. We measure each room and charge by the square foot of what the room measures. They will sometimes enquire if furniture or beds aren't getting moved can they have a discount because it's less carpet to clean. I always reply that I understand where they are coming from, but that I would actually be more inclined to give a discount if all the furniture was moved, and that even though we charge by the sq. ft, it's really about a measurement of time. I explain it that it's like mowing a yard or painting, and that the more stuff you have to go around the longer it takes.

Then I show them my Devistator Wand and how I can actually clean under and around every thing.
I do the same and your right, we are selling our TIME. except I explain it differently.

actually we did a time/cost study back in the day. We had identical bedrooms. One was vacant and one was furnished. The furnished one actually took longer to clean than the vacant one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom