Pro Carpet in an Action News Report!

Bob Foster

Ken Snow said:
That's okay Brian I never read it either and frankly think it is a little classless to post that stuff. No matter what someone thinks of someone, trying to harm their business is supposed to be off limits here- but some get away with more than others.

Ken I had to think for a while on how to respond to your remark.

You earlier made the remark something to the effect that how would I know from 2-3000 miles away how he runs his business. I provided the ultimate proof - his customers yet you choose not to look at them. For anyone who cares at all for our profession it will turn your stomach as you read them.

Some don't deserve to be in the company of professionals who care about how they treat customers and run their businesses ethically. I think it is the responsible thing to do to stand up for what is right - that isn't classless or being self-righteous.

As far as I know, none of us here who read these testimonials are his customers. It was his company that caused these shocking and disgusting negative reviews, not any of us. This type of business conduct is a shame for not only this company but our profession as a whole and should not be tolerated.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
B fing S Bob.....Polster that hilstol and stfu already.

You would like nothing more than to shut Cole down and that's a rat dirty bastard with no morales who would even think to do a think like that.

Don't make me ban your bald ass.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
on the 1st page of reviews i looked at 2 bad reviews and on each was a nice response from Greg. maybe i'm weird but i mainly focused on the good reviews. interestingly nobody mentioned those somewhat amus

oh and
Last i looked i am not paying for crappy carpet cleaning in tampa fl, but am absolutely paying for screw ups to live in beach front condos....Low on the list imo
what Shane said. Greg's business means nothing to me personally.

S

sam miller

Its funny when I started my own business I liked the idea of being responsible for the out come of each job! not relying on the efforts of others!

Mikey asked if we got hurt would our repeat custy be happy with our chimps?

Employee or Sub Contractor relationship each has its benefits but your still relying on IE chimps! and lets face it no one will take the same care we would.

But if making money and retiring and having a life is Your desire then some sort of help is required other then being an O.O.
With employees You can fire them or cut hours and get workmans comp claims and pay fines when there's a dispute and You lose!

with Subs You just dont furnish leads and thats that. Still company pride is a motivation for those who realize success is in they're efforts!

both employee and sub's can hand out business cards and self promote the sub is already in business for himself!
a non compete clause wouldnt work! No longer furnishing leads is all You could do!

The real issue is how many customers do have? Can you get them covered without losing your shirt? Leads cost money and when You have a large supply You have to be a hit Higher Interview and train to keep enough heads around to cover the leads.

PS Greg isnt a carpet cleaner he furnishes Leads!

I would guess like any business He has some quality guys and some not so quality guys! The goal is to keep building character guys while letting the not so good ones fall by the wayside.

As for how he advertises thats his choice, there are plenty here who upsell and charge triple what Greg's Sub's gets under the idea they supply a more quality service!

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Derek said:
on the 1st page of reviews i looked at 2 bad reviews and on each was a nice response from Greg. maybe i'm weird but i mainly focused on the good reviews. interestingly nobody mentioned those somewhat amus

Ok i will focus on the good reviews they are fake!!!!

Funny how most of gregs great reviews are from people who all review the same 4 businesses

Pro Carpet 501 South Falkenburg Road, Tampa, FL 33619
Pro Carpet 1831 West Oak Parkway #A, Marietta, GA 30067
Rain Skin & Body 600 Indian Trail, Suite 108, Harker Heights, TX 76548
Massage Envy - Brentwood North 330 Franklin Rd., Suite 120-A, Brentwood, TN 37027

And they all get reviewed on the same day.
putting fake reviews up makes you kind of dishonest doesnt it?
I always hear "it is the customers fault for thinking they are going to get a good clean for that low of a price" Well add in the promise of a cheap clean with good reviews and people will bite. That is a real bait and switch for sure. At least Horizon carpet(the guys exposed in the video) do not put up fake reviews.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ken Snow said:
That's okay Brian I never read it either and frankly think it is a little classless to post that stuff. No matter what someone thinks of someone, trying to harm their business is supposed to be off limits here- but some get away with more than others.

l]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ag4nkSh7Ql]

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I remember years ago I won a contest on the back of a cereal box.

It was something like 100 board games! As a kid I was stoked.

Mailed off the winning ticket ...With the help of my mom.

When I got the prize in the mail....It was a couple pieces of cardboard with game pieces you could punch out to play checkers and chess, backgamon....and about 80 other games.

Total scam.

Guess what, I didn't eat that cereal anymore. It was probably the last time I ate captain crunch.

They gave me what they said they would give me...But it was less than what I expected.

I learned my lesson to do a little homework before spending money on anything that mattered to me.

Then it was a cereal

Now it would be a vehicle or a house....Or a service industry.

I don't know Coles operation enough to say he IS or ISN't doing the same...But people need to take care of themselves as long as it isn't criminal.

I doubt Greg would be around if his guys were engaging in anything criminal.

But that's just me.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Dmreed4311 said:
i'd say so.

idk that they are fake. maybe, maybe not?? but i'll give him the bene of the doubt. i've only met 4 or 5 posters on here in RL. they all seem trustworthy. outside of them and the 8 other CC'ing forum contributors / distributors i've spoken to on the phone, i dont fully trust anbody over the internet :mrgreen:

FredC

Village Idiot
Dmreed4311 said:
Derek said:

Ok i will focus on the good reviews they are fake!!!!

Funny how most of gregs great reviews are from people who all review the same 4 businesses

Pro Carpet 501 South Falkenburg Road, Tampa, FL 33619
Pro Carpet 1831 West Oak Parkway #A, Marietta, GA 30067
Rain Skin & Body 600 Indian Trail, Suite 108, Harker Heights, TX 76548
Massage Envy - Brentwood North 330 Franklin Rd., Suite 120-A, Brentwood, TN 37027

And they all get reviewed on the same day.
I always hear "it is the customers fault for thinking they are going to get a good clean for that low of a price" Well add in the promise of a cheap clean with good reviews and people will bite. That is a real bait and switch for sure. At least Horizon carpet(the guys exposed in the video) do not put up fake reviews.

I'm not the judge and jury you guys are so...

Its called reputation management.

Look at the recent threads asking about reviews. GOOD reviews are hard to get. Bad ones.....not so much.

That and Greg is a target. Plenty of fake bad reviews too. Mainly because of the ease of leaving a Kudzu review.....

I just left one...took me less than 10 seconds....I don't have an account other than I was logged into FB (where I have hundreds of accounts)....like everybody else

NOTICE THE NUMBER OF GOOGLE REVIEWS...good or bad?

FredC

Village Idiot
oh....and NEWSFLASH! MOST reviews on the web are fake...

they are created by guys like me....or bought on edit:services which provide reviews

ever wonder how that guy ahead of you got so many? !gotcha!

ever wonder why that 5 star blender, enhancement pill, or book you bought sucked? :lol:

unless there is a way to confirm the person purchased (amazon, newegg, etc)...reviews should be taken with a mine of salt

FredC

Village Idiot
joey895 said:
So Fred, I value your opinion so what do you think of ProCarpet use of Sub-contractors? Do you think he is skirting the law? Do you think his use of sub-contractors gives him an unfair advantage over someone who is following not only the letter of the law but also the intent of the law?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

That is up to the IRS to decide....

Greg is subbing to other businesses the work he is able to generate....same thing every other GC does

I'm not sure the intent of the law is to protect you against what you deem unfair....but to maximize gov income.....

Unfair advantage? Greg has plenty of competition within his niche (subbing cleaning/lead service).........if you mean compared to you or any other OO....still no
Its not as if he is using slave labor.

The only unfair advantage I can see that greg has over most of you..........is....well ...think about it....still not sure that would be unfair though.............either he took the time to learn it and develop it or he was born with it

More so I think it is a brilliant solution to a major problem. Metro ATL is f'n huge.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_metropolitan_area
he has found a way to advertise in and service the whole thing...without having to spend 50 years to get to that point....instead he expanded to other areas

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jealousy is awesome. You know when it's there and it's there for a reason.

If all I have is complaining about another carpet cleaner's fake reviews....I have nothing.

Good luck with all that...You know who you are.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I dont see it any different then the janitorial franchisees and 1000's of crappy dealerships out there people are selling or The management companies that have taken over retail, all same to me.

i owned alot of those things when i was younger, all same. You have to learn or pay someone to sell.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
FredC said:
I feel dirty "defending" Cole...but seriously

are these volume hacks or OO/small operations hacks............

Cole getting a few bad reviews a month is like most of you guys getting 1 every couple of years...or decades

Sorry for the delay is responding. Have been taking a vacation.
Truer words have never been spoken! Thanks

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
HARPER said:
sam miller said:
Harper I dont care what anybody charges, my point was even if You do everything by the book a senior citizen spending a grand for carpet cleaning is going to set off thier kids in some cases!

I'm sure You never had an issue with a customer after the fact over pricing ever???? :shock:

Not even a setup customer trying to get something for nothing?

re: "WE ARE SQUARE FOOTAGE PRICERS...!"

I don't care if she is a 100... :idea:
If she has 2500 sf of cleanable areas...it is $1000.00.... !gotcha!

AGAIN....Our prices for all service are ON OUR INVOICE...no hidden charges... :!: "It is just MATH"

Little different if we ADVERTIZE...whole house for ...$199.00..."THEN CHARGE $1000.00" :oops:

I am sorry ....you are unable to charge more SAM... :oops:

I like drinking from the "TOP SHELVE"..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm, Sorry Harper but I have to correct you. NOT ONCE since I started my business has it charged a customer $1000 JUST to steam clean (even with deep clean) the carpet in a 2500 sf home. NOT ONCE! Over 1/2 million jobs completed and NOT 1. Please get your facts straight before you through such an allegation.

Bob Foster

275 reviews mostly negative vs 2 negative reviews?

Pretty well makes a statement and also I don't buy that the majority come from previous subcontractors.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Mikey P said:
Harper was talking about his biz Cole.

I've charged over a grand for just carpet more times than I could ever count.

he wrote: Little different if we ADVERTIZE...whole house for ...$199.00..."THEN CHARGE $1000.00"

and if your statement is true about charging over $1k to clean 2500sf houses more than you can count- I am embarrassed for you! Isn't that just plain ripping people off? Overcharging?
It's one thing to turn a profit- but to Price Gouge?

I know that if I went into a little mom and pop store to buy a widget and bought it for $100, only to go to wal-mart and see it for $35 - I would feel ripped off! COuld this be why so many O&O's are up in arms about discount cleaners? BECAUSE we are exposing them for being price gougers (intentional or unintentional?) I'm just saying.......

Mikey P

Administrator
I worked for your exact company Cole.

trust me, dont get this guy going on the complete bullshit operation you are claiming is a cleaning company.
You puss out and OP Berbers cause your employees are retarded thugs, you bait and switch unsuspecting little BROKE old folks and you yourself have the morals of a crack whore pimp.

but YOU do make money so god bless you.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Bob Foster said:
275 reviews mostly negative vs 2 negative reviews?

Pretty well makes a statement and also I don't buy that the majority come from previous subcontractors.

Get your fact straight. Most are positive. Sadly some negatives are real. However, many are fake! In 2009 and again in 2010 we were victims to people bombarding us with negative reviews. We would go months without a single complaint and them have 3 in one day. another month or so with none and then 3-4 more. All posted within minutes of each other. We worked with Kudzu and got many of them removed but couldn't get them all.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Mr Cole you are comparing your services to one of a much higher quality than even your best subcontractor would be able to deliver....ever.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Mikey P said:
I worked for your exact company Cole.

trust me, dont get this guy going on the complete bullshit operation you are claiming is a cleaning company.
You puss out and OP Berbers cause your employees are retarded thugs, you bait and switch unsuspecting little BROKE old folks and you yourself have the morals of a crack whore pimp.

but YOU do make money so god bless you.

I suspect that many of your customers are over 65 so let's not start throwing accusations about overcharging old folks! Just because they thank you and call you back for another butt - fking doesn't mean you are screwing them- just means they drank the Kool-Aid!
BUT you do make money so God Bless You too! Iseeru

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Mikey P said:
Did you ask to have the fake positive reviews removed too?

They are screened monthly and removed. However, It's of little consequence now as Cox is shutting down Kudzu....

well am off to bed. Actually gotta go work tomorrow...... :cry:

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Lee Stockwell said:
Mr Cole you are comparing your services to one of a much higher quality than even your best subcontractor would be able to deliver....ever.

Lee- A high price hooker is the same as a mid-priced hooker. When it is all said and done - the service was ultimately the same...... Just the price and perception of value are different.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom