Prochem 4 jet wand

I am going to order glides for my RX-20 HE and a holed glide for a prochem 4 jet wand. I actually have 2 quadjet wands. One is being used with the LEGEND XL and the other quadjet wand will be used with the EVEREST. The problem I am having is that the jets are not evenly spaced on the quadjet which causes bad streaking on low level commercial carpet. There is a gap between the middle jets (95015). I cleaned a restaurant the other day which I had been using the RX on and had really bad streaking. After looking at the spray pattern and feeling with my hand, the area between the middle two jets has almost no water pressure.

Can I replace the two middle jets on the wand that I use with the Legend XL so there is a wider spray pattern, or will doing so cause an uneven clean?

The RX cleans good, but it takes a lot longer than using the wand.

R

R W

Greenie should be able to straighten this one out. I run a PC Quad almost daily, but don't seem to have any problems...and I have been running a "Krazy Kenny" slotted glide with good results. The glide is about 4 years old, but is still holding up.

I have been using this 4 jet wand for about 3 years with no problem untill I cleaned a grease laden olefin carpet. Flip your wand over and key the valve and you will see what I am talking about. You can hold your finger between the two middle jets and feel that the pressure is different than when you feel between the other jets. I agree Greenie is definetly going to have to help me. I actually pm him the other day, but when I went to greenglides.com I could not find the wands or the jets he suggested.

Since I will be using the 2 quadjet wands with both the EVEREST and the LEGEND, I am going to keep the 95015 jets. I will also be dual wanding on some jobs. Eventually I am going to get a 12 inch greenhorn wand and put a glide on it. I will have three wands. The greenhorn and one of the 4 jets will be on the truck with the EVEREST. I will then up the flow on these wands slightly. The other 4 jet wand will stay on the truck with the Legend and be used as a backup. What do you guys think? Now that I think about it, I would be better off with a hole glide on the greenhorn and a slot glide on the quadjet. I can leave the other quadjet without a glide.

Greenie

I don't think jets and checkvalve jet extenders are on the site, that site hasn't been updated in years.

You need and want what we call "short" checkvalve jet extenders, they place the jets much closer to the carpet this ALLOWS you to switch from 95º jets to 110º wide jets, this wider jet will cover your "void" in the center of your wand and will even out the strike and reduce your streaking, and pile distortion on some carpets.

Personally, I might keep the prochem wands together with slot glides, and put a hole glide on the 12" Greenhorn with 110 02 jets and that way you can use it on both trucks, once you put a slot glide on those prochems, you won't even consider a non-glided wand, if a slot won't pick up the debris, time to bust out the shovel and leaf blower.

Greenie

BR14S.jpg

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Daniel,

I run a Legend XL with a 14" Greenhorn running 7.5 flow and love it. My Genesis wand is running 10 flow and I've even used that on the Legend at times. I HATE having to go back to my old quad jet. Just go for the bigger flow, your machine will keep up.

John

Greenie

I and every supplier on the planet sell jets, and most sell my checkvalve jet extenders, when you push your jets closer to the rug, you NEED to move to a wider spray pattern. So get you some $7.25 extensions x 4 and some $10 jets X4 and call it good.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I run a slot glide on my PC quad, never ever had any streaking issues with the factory jet setup, keep in mind jets do wear out, if you have been using your wand for more than a year of heavy use, the jets will develop larger holes and cause the problem.

Greenie

to be fair, Stevie gets another 1/2" of vertical lift from the glide, this allows more jet fan crossover, this helps to eliminate the prominant streaking issue, that and good jet alignment, some wands are just wacked and need to be straightened.

Back
Top Bottom