Prochem apex.

Becker

Name
Becker
Yesterday I drove to Spokane with my old truck mount in the back of my pickup. Getting gas this guy walks up. Small central aw town. He sez he has an apex he is looking to part with. Seems he bought it for hs son to start a biz. But after trying and failing he joined the army.

The apex has about 500 hrs. Has been stored in a heated shop. The guy is a farmer.

He wants somewhere around 10k. He sez, but then said. I don't know. We took it out last year and sold the van. 2011 ford cargo. 8000 miles. He said he sold the van for 15,000.

The guy even has a fork lift.
To good to be true. Or is the machine a pile?

He did mention some heating issues. But I honestly think it might be a hard water issue. Eastern ea has extremely hard water.

I am thinking of driving over and buying it. If it checks out. What's the value?

I don't have a van for it. But m neighbors have a fork lift and heated shop they could store for me.

Prim thinking this could be an amazing find.

hydracat

will it make you money as an investment, or cost you money as an expense? I have a shop full of stuff i bought because the price was too good to pass up, like two extra blowers, but there they sit not making me money. Of course if mine goes tits up its nice not to have to go buy one.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Ive bought equipment and flipped it before.On the other hand In this type of economy good prices on used equipment is a dime a dozen.I dont know that it would justify tapping your winter cash reserves if you dont have an immediate use for it

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree with hydracat. If you dont have a need it may not be the best use of your money. Now if you have a Spring plan and will be looking for one anyway, then sure this could be worth the gamble.

Find out the problem and negotiate down. Check with John Olson for used retail on that model.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Apex with 500 hours is practically brand new.
Very good machine, the mechanics at the shop I am using, claim that it is the slide in machine with the least amount of problems that they service (Hydra Master, Prochem, Sapphire.)
If I am not mistaken, new it will be a little over $20,000.00

If you have a use for it in the near future, it's a very good deal.

Becker

Name
Becker
I run a cash business. No debt.

I can pay for the machine just fine. And I am looking for a good local machine.

The van on the other hand would have to wait till late spring. Unless I found a screaming deal.

I just don't know much about the apex. And it seems this guy might be willing to deal.

Good old laid back farmer type. I was thinking of making a day of the trip to go see it. Shot the shit wiry the guy before talking turkey.

Oh. He has a wand. Reel 200 feet of both hose. And a few other tool he sez.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Don, I have an Apex and it has been very good. The guys at the shop consider that and the Everest to be their best machines. And according to them it comes back less for repairs.
I have the diesel one with the Kabota engine. However in San Francisco I use it less due to the gigantic size of my Sprinter.
So I can't tell you from personal experience, how well it does over time.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Becker,

I have 4, one was a bank repo, that had sat for a few years, and was frozen.

I'd come with gas or diesel (whichever model it is), a battery, solution line and a wand, hook up the waste tank and h2o, make sure the fluids are at safe levels and run it to operating temps and check the following: Chemical metering is working, sprays right from 250psi to 1000psi, the waste tank kill switch works, it's not blowing water from the exhaust indicating a bad hx'er, that the plumbing isn't leaking anywhere, and no engine gaskets are letting go from sitting.

The bank repo I bought w 250-ish hrs that froze and needed some love, random frozen parts from the preheat tank to the solution outlet, even the chemical metering system had some parts needing replaced. Pump needed seals, chem pump disc and diaphragm, waste tank switch, seals, 1 hx'er, a few lines, all belts, fluids, and rad hoses.

With 500 hours on the Apex, hard water is probably causing some of the heat issues - I'm also guessing the HX'ers have never been cleaned, and if it is a D - that's probably causing just as much heat issue as scale is. The hx'ers have to be cleaned on the D every 500 hrs - they build up a ton of soot and cause air restriction issues as well.

If nothing is frozen you might be able to get it and make a few thousand or have an Apex in the fleet on the cheap - if it were me it'd be the latter because the used market is flooded - although you do not find too many extremely low hour PC's on the market, especially not the mid to upper models - so you have that working for you.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Offer him 5G and go up to 7G at the top.

He doesn't want the machine around and there are "issues" so you use that as your bargaining chip.

Very limited market for him to sell other wise it sits in his shop for more years.

Tell him the used market is around 5 G

CASH in the hand speaks.

Would be a good buy at that price.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I have owned 2 and sold the older 1 recently. The Kubota motors are awesome IMO. My mechanic loves them as well. I have great heat & vacuum with them. Brand new they retail for $23,000 so even $10,000 for yours if in perfect shape with only 500hrs is great! If you need a machine you will love the Apex. Dual heat exchangers gives you killer heat

Becker

Name
Becker
I called the guy, I'm going to go try and see it next weekend. ( weather depending, pass was a mess last night )

I feel good about it, we talked for about 45 mins, 10 of it about the machine.

If is gas, and I will have to start it if I buy if, so I can winterize it. Pass could be in the teens. But I plan on wanting to hear test it 1st. 500 hrs is nearly brand new IMO.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
if you dont buy it becker please call me so I can. I'm Serious. If you dont buy it please give him my number or give me his number.

PCCN

If this is a gas powered Kubota engine Apex, I have one that I bought (repo unit) when it had 2500 hours on it. Running over 4500 hours now and only did the basic maintenace to the machine (belts, oil, filters, etc.) Not a real fan of clide-ins but this machine has been a real workhorse. I paid 16000 for the machine and basic fresh water tank, so sounds like a good deal unless it has been abused or frozen.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You should have bought it already why don't you just give me his number and ill just buy it and fix it and then you can buy it from me :)

John Olson

Name
John Olson
****Teasing Becker****

Umm sorry you missed the smiley and the obvious kidding my bad will preface me joking with a caveat for you :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom