Prochem/Comet APO

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The last couple of weeks my APO has been acting up. I thought my float was going out so I replaced it, then i thought the wires overheated and were shorting somewhere, so I replaced them. The APO was still acting up.

In frustration I picked it up and bounced it on the floor of the van which caused the APO to spring back to life. After repeating this a few times I figured something was binding in the motor. Tonight I pulled it out took it home to work on. After cleaning out all the check valves, which were moderately clogged, I hooked the APO up to my Jeep battery for a test pump. The motor kicked on but ran very labored. I figured the next step was to pull out the electric brushes for inspection. Sure enough, they exhibited wear. When I pulled them out a ton of fine black powder followed. Using compressed air (from my mouth) I blew out the hole. I then cleaned the magnetic brushes and reinstalled everything. Hooked the motor back up to the Jeep and it sprang to life like new.

Glad I fixed this. These APO’s are almost $2k and a replacement motor from Steambrite is about $450.

@Justin Legend Brands can you send me a link or a phone number of a supplier that can send me the upgraded thermal valve for an 870? I’m finally ready to buy one. I tried to look online and couldn’t track one down.

0C9E5FA9-9EF9-477B-8DAF-54F04329A58C.jpeg93E4343C-1130-4616-84F7-FC17904D7DA7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
There is something called a dump valve................use it
HA, Well, The houses I clean at would not appreciate a flood of waste water flooding their perfectly landscaped yards. The APO pump hose is perfect for placing it in a clandestine spot or running into a sewer clean-out 100 ft away. Keep in mind, I'm in hippy California and everyone is jumpy about pollutants.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I understand.

And I do understand why people are leaving your state in droves

Reactions: Nomad74

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
@Justin Legend Brands can you send me a link or a phone number of a supplier that can send me the upgraded thermal valve for an 870? I’m finally ready to buy one. I tried to look online and couldn’t track one down.
For single operator running an 870 it really doesn't help. I was at a job this week, with a helper, moving the wand pretty steady. In 2 hours the machine dumped 50 gallons of water into my water tank.

Name
Justin Johnston
Hey Damon,
Sorry I just saw this. I know we talked on Facebook, but if you are still looking you can go here and type in your zip code to find a list of dealers close to you.

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Top Bottom