Prochem Performer Rebuild ( Pics, Detailed)

Name
Austin Willoughby
So I found out why there was grease all beside the blower looks like someone squeezed a whole tube out on 2 freaking bearings. Also there's zero shaft play wondering if I really need to replace bearings think I will anyway since I'm already here.
20180209_181708.jpg
20180209_181713.jpg
20180209_181721.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Lee Stockwell
Each grease fitting has a corresponding "weep hole" where the old grease exits the bearing area. Often these are also threaded for 1/8 inch npt pipe so that the grease can be cleanly collected. If not....the mess accumulates.

When you grease it go until clean grease just starts to exit that hole. Otherwise you don't REALLY know if good grease is getting in there.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey
Name
Austin Willoughby
Each grease fitting has a corresponding "weep hole" where the old grease exits the bearing area. Often these are also threaded for 1/8 inch npt pipe so that the grease can be cleanly collected. If not....the mess accumulates.

When you grease it go until clean grease just starts to exit that hole. Otherwise you don't REALLY know if good grease is getting in there.
Yea I noticed the weep holes I'm gonna clean all the grease and ill know a soon as some comes out it's good to go.

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
I have no idea of your mechanical aptitude, but if it were me, after re-engineering several TMs, I'd offer John your unit on trade for his refurbed unit and go make some brown ones >cdn$$<.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Many guys here are tweakers and tinkerers, and you will from time to time see examples of their sweat and genius.

However, they will all warn you NOT to do this with your one primary "bread and butter" money maker.

I had a shop full of fun expensive projects that drove that home to me.
You got an old El Camino sitting around in that garage you don’t want?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Haha well I feel special let's just hope the dang thing goes back together right and everything works correctly
Do you have a press to seat the bearings? We don't mess with the blowers, we take them to folks that all they do is rebuild blowers. You don't get those bearings seated right it and the blower can kill you or someone else. You haven't seen a catastrophic failure of a blower or you wouldn't be winging it but it's your machine and your van and your responsibility but please understand if that blower fails while running it turns into a claymore..

John Olson

Name
John Olson
That's usually the case. It's not like its rocket science but it is a job that requires the right tools and it isn't something you usually get a second chance on if you get it wrong..but what do I know :)

Name
Austin Willoughby
He's on the other board being told what he wants to hear.
Haha chill guys I'm just getting opinions from both sides we can both agree not one person has all the knowledge. I've pressed in bearing before but was not aware of the fact it becomes a bomb. Also if I need it pressed in I can take them to get pressed in but the old ones slid out with little effort. I plan on trying dry ice or freezing them before putting them in I've tried that before and it worked ok. What do you recommend? I'm a bit of a perfectionist and will buy the right tools to do the job or sub the job out as needed

Reactions: BIG WOOD

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Those lobes have the about the width of a piece of paper between them. Now imagine them slamming together at 3000 rpms (estimating) bad shit happens when they do that. Just be aware, we do not rebuild them so I can’t give you directions on how to do something we ourselves won’t do and I have the best shop in the country hands down. Cheaper and safer to have the guys that rebuild blowers 10 times bigger then the baby blowers we use, yes they say oh you brought us another baby blower to fix LOL honestly though we have just been putting new ones in if the blower is needing Rebuilt it’s done it’s job. A new blower isn’t all the much more then a rebuilt and I can have it R&R before the rebuild is done.

Name
Austin Willoughby
Also you can rent a bearing press from advance

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

No kidding.

My guys I use make me feel like I'm taking a guppy to get treatment at a veterinarian.

Reactions: John Olson
Name
Austin Willoughby
Good to know and yea your right about the lobes slamming together would be very bad. I think that's worst case scenario tho and you would really have to screw something up for that to happen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom