Prochem Performer Rebuild ( Pics, Detailed)

Name
Austin Willoughby
Just an update of where I'm at on this build
20180201_161152.jpg
20180201_161152.jpg
20180201_161208.jpg
20180201_194127.jpg
20180201_161152.jpg
20180201_161208.jpg
20180201_194127.jpg
20180201_194132.jpg
20180201_194138.jpg
20180201_161152.jpg
20180201_161208.jpg
20180201_194127.jpg
20180201_194132.jpg
20180201_194138.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
One option you could go with is rerouting the blower exhaust so that it no longer goes through the heat exchanger and getting a Little Giant heater. You would increase the suction and have years of trouble free, very hot heat. I'm getting ready to do a similar rebuild on a 2004 White Magic Commander. It still runs great but is leaking from every major component. I stripped the machine down years ago to bare bones. When I replaced the engine I got rid of pretty much all electrical except for the engine ignition switch. The more you can simplify that baby the better.

Reactions: Austin Willoughby
Name
Austin Willoughby
One option you could go with is rerouting the blower exhaust so that it no longer goes through the heat exchanger and getting a Little Giant heater. You would increase the suction and have years of trouble free, very hot heat. I'm getting ready to do a similar rebuild on a 2004 White Magic Commander. It still runs great but is leaking from every major component. I stripped the machine down years ago to bare bones. When I replaced the engine I got rid of pretty much all electrical except for the engine ignition switch. The more you can simplify that baby the better.
I was considering a little giant but don't wanna spend 1500 dollars I figure if the heat exchanger goes out ill bypass it at that point and get a little giant or possibly upgrade at that point. I'd like to simplify it some bit don't know that there's really much that can be removed on the electrical side.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Austin Willoughby
Looks like it is done to me. Time for a new van and machine?
Nahhh not even close it ran without skipping beat just really doesn't look professional plus had a few oil leaks very small ones. I figured wth if I'm gonna pull it apart to change the gaskets I might as well do the whole thing while I'm there. I think the guy who sold it to me however felt like you new van and machine so I got a steal and I've already made my money back on it :rockon::rockon:

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Austin Willoughby
Here's a video of when I first got the machine and posted it on T-M-F. Correction no leak in the heat exchanger I don't believe. That was an overload of fuel running down the cylinder walls coming out the exhaust also do not need a throttle regulator its fine lol. Also I sound very country so enjoy lol

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Here's a video of when I first got the machine and posted it on T-M-F. Correction no leak in the heat exchanger I don't believe. That was an overload of fuel running down the cylinder walls coming out the exhaust also do not need a throttle regulator its fine lol. Also I sound very country so enjoy lol

You sound normal to me. I’m always wanting to get on the defense when I’m talking to a west coaster because their accent sounds so rude

Reactions: Nomad74

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The exhaust is a non issue. Condensation from the heat exchanger has it heats up.

As you mentioned the vacuum is supposed to bite down like that under a load. Non issue.

Sounds strong. She will run for many years.

Reactions: Austin Willoughby
Name
Austin Willoughby
The exhaust is a non issue. Condensation from the heat exchanger has it heats up.

As you mentioned the vacuum is supposed to bite down like that under a load. Non issue.

Sounds strong. She will run for many years.
Absolutely agree I did good with this one I just wanna take it back to its hay day plus I think I'll feel more confident and professional knowing I've got a like new machine and redecorated trailer. I'm excited!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I Like the collapsible hose idea for your dump water. I might rig something like that for when I need to dump when my APO isn't working or am too lazy to run the APO hose.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom