Prochem's Aqua Helix Pre-Ordering now

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ruff Hewn said:
[quote="John Olson":wg9qzdla]What horse shit Larry? You opened it so come on let's go there.

oakie doakie...if you insist
and you might think differently if you were on the user end .

can you tell me why a strainer costs so damn much at CCing disty when the exact same strainer can be found at farm supply stores for 1/3 less? Which strainer? Cant answer why if I don't know what

can you tell me why pressure washer suppliers sell most all the same parts for 20-30% less?

Because they are often the same places we have to by them from. Should we lose money? Thats what we would be doing if we sold them for the same price we payed for them.

can you tell me what secret biz formula Mytee uses that they can have molds made and bring products to market without hosing us on price?
Which products are you talking about? John has really cool toys and really enjoys the Journey of development. My thoughts on my friend John are he cares more about the process (invention/production) then the end (Money). Sometimes it has bit him in the ass severely by rushing things before they are ready but using him doesn't really hold water in your argument

we get hosed on price for a lot things .
I know you're not a bullshitter, so if you can't see that, i suspect it may be a case of denial

..l.T.A.[/quote:wg9qzdla]

I will agree there are a lot of people that only care about how much money they can get out of someone but having spent the last 9 years on this side of the fence I understand true costs a whole lot better.

I am willing to bet Prochem has well over 1/4 million in costs of this tool and nearly the same for Legend Brands with their Upholstery tool (another one you brought up when it came out) So using those two as examples lets say they are making 50% mark up after the per cost item for the tool. A supplier gets about 30% Margins on tools so the cost of the tool is 894 so lets assume Prochem is making about $300 off each tool and Legend brands is making $175. How many tools do you think they are going to have to sell to make their money back before they even see a profit? I can assure you they know exactly how many they have to sell and how many they expect to sell. These are things they all forecast before bringing a tool to the market. Remember this are not consumable they are supposed to last a very long time and there are not that many cleaners out there. It isn't like we are selling them on the home shopping network...

S

sam miller

I doubt its that high R&R

Whats funny is SS busting your balls about a prduct they havent copied yet!

hey Marty, blow me I've seen Jimmy naked

so much for koolaide!

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
[quote=" And Richard plead post the exactimate price for weighted/sub surface extraction......[/quote]

If the Aqua Helix's patent pending "Systolic Vector Performance Technology" does not use the operator's weight to assist in the extraction process, wouldn't the Xactimate extraction price be much less than weight assisted extraction? WTREXT, water extraction from floor pays about 1/2 of WTREXTW, water extraction from floor-weight assisted.

Who did the testing of the Aqua Helix vs. the weight assisted tools, the Prochem marketing department? I get a little skeptical when fantastic claims are made. I would be very interested in Richard's evaluation of the tool, and of course, if he buys more.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're making me feel bad for them John. -sniff

Tell you what, on my order, charge me an extra buck and kick it their way to help offset some of their R&D.
eat shit!

That unaccounted buck will drive their bean counters crazy . eat yor heart out Werner

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Sorry Willy your supplier is your issue, and the ONLY company I represent is Superior Cleaning Solutions,LLC. I carry many products but I do not represent them.They pay people to do that.[/quote:1wwyfa1f]

So a Ford dealership doesn't represent Ford? Since one can't go directly, that comes across as a cheap ass cop out.I know you can do better than that. Prochem did SFA, despite direct contact.
Time to dig up some of the correspondence (that I wasn't supposed to see and got forwarded to me by accident)

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Chester said:
Stay out of his way, Bawb taught him how to run a jihad. eat yor heart out Werner

Not at all.I just don't want anyone else to put up with the same crap I did.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Willy your looking for something to fight about and thats ok it has nothing to do with me so go ahead and let it all out on me I can take it I have big shoulders :)

I want you to think about what I am about to say and then you decide who is the problem. I have a customer that just went through his second pump in two years on his Ninja. Turns out Prochem is no longer using the pumptec as it turned out to be random problematic pump. They have since upgraded them to a new pump. My customer got a brand new upgrade Kit for FREE.

Had a customer that had a strange electical issue on his 650 2 years ago. Couldn't find it as the machine would run here then it would stop on a job. Bring it in and it would run, drive it around the block and it would stop. Every single machine manufactuer out there would have said to keep looking not Procem. 2 days later we had a new machine in his van and the problem machine on it's way back to Prochem.

So Willy, if your not being taken care what part of the equation do you think just might be the problem?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
sam miller said:
I doubt its that high R&R

Whats funny is SS busting your balls about a prduct they havent copied yet!

hey Marty, blow me I've seen Jimmy naked

so much for koolaide!

With the cost of engineering and testing several protypes then tooling, accounting advertising etec etc, I bet my numbers would actually be low. Bruders can chime in here if he likes as I bet the upholstery tool cost every bit the same if not more then the Helix to develop and tool up for manufacturing.

And it's ok Sam, Bill is who Bill is.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Why didn't you take ALL the product back and demand a refund?

What distributor would loose a customer over there most profitable item like juice?

Have you stated the whole story as something is off?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
dealtimeman said:
Why didn't you take ALL the product back and demand a refund?

What distributor would loose a customer over there most profitable item like juice?

Have you stated the whole story as something is off?

I tried taking it back but they only offered a replacement gallon. I bought 5. Nothing is missing in what I've posted.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
John- good for your customers- I wasn't afforded anything close to what you relate
- EVEN AFTER CONTACTING HEAD OFFICE. I'm not picking a fight, I'm just relating the shoddy service I received. I'm on my 4th pumptec now in less than 3 years. You don't remember me calling you once to see if you had one in stock? That was 2 pumps ago. What pump are they using now?

Just out of curiosity John, why are you making me out to be the bad guy here? I did nothing wrong, I didn't sell someone a defective product, I didn't turn my back on them when they complained, yet you're telling me I'm wrong? Huh? I fully realize you want to protect your sales and I understand that, but I've done nothing wrong, unless you consider warning others about the treatment I was afforded as evil. I don't see it that way.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Not the same one..I will have to get back to you on that as I can't remember. (Don't do drugs kids you will regret it when your old, well except for bob who doesn't give a shit if he cant remember shit)

I can tell you there is an upgrade kit (pump and all parts to upgrade). Part number 9.841-176.0 Your price $1100 because no one else is taking care of you

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Willy P said:
[quote="John Olson":35hvdtbd]Willy your looking for something to fight about and thats ok it has nothing to do with me so go ahead and let it all out on me I can take it I have big shoulders :)

I want you to think about what I am about to say and then you decide who is the problem. I have a customer that just went through his second pump in two years on his Ninja. Turns out Prochem is no longer using the pumptec as it turned out to be random problematic pump. They have since upgraded them to a new pump. My customer got a brand new upgrade Kit for FREE.

Had a customer that had a strange electrical issue on his 650 2 years ago. Couldn't find it as the machine would run here then it would stop on a job. Bring it in and it would run, drive it around the block and it would stop. Every single machine manufacturer out there would have said to keep looking not Prochem. 2 days later we had a new machine in his van and the problem machine on it's way back to Prochem.

So Willy, if your not being taken care what part of the equation do you think just might be the problem?
John- good for your customers- I wasn't afforded anything close to what you relate
- EVEN AFTER CONTACTING HEAD OFFICE. I'm not picking a fight, I'm just relating the shoddy service I received. I'm on my 4th pumptec now in less than 3 years. You don't remember me calling you once to see if you had one in stock? That was 2 pumps ago. What pump are they using now?

Just out of curiosity John, why are you making me out to be the bad guy here? I did nothing wrong, I didn't sell someone a defective product, I didn't turn my back on them when they complained, yet you're telling me I'm wrong? Huh? I fully realize you want to protect your sales and I understand that, but I've done nothing wrong, unless you consider warning others about the treatment I was afforded as evil. I don't see it that way.[/quote:35hvdtbd]

Willy I'm not saying your the problem but shared that with you so YOU could figure out what the problem is since it is obviously not Prochem that is the problem.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I disagree. They ARE part of the problem. The other part is the distributor. If they had either given me a replacement or a refund- problem solved. What would you have done in the same circumstance?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The chemical? Handed you a new bucket and sent you on your way as long as you brought me back a FULL bucket and it wasn't winter time. If it was winter time and you froze it that would be a different story.

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Exactly. It wasn't winter and the bucket was full.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I don't know how distributors treat customers are anywhere elae but here they would of just handed you another 5 gallon and figured out what the problem is with the product.

Really is mind boggling as to why they didnt take back the bad product as they could just rtv(return to vendor) it and receive credit or more product on next order.

Something else is going on here on the distributor level that is fishy, for you to try to discredit prochem is a bit of a waste of time.

Also We only use one prochem product at this time and that is ultrapac.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
well I have no beef with John. However I do have a beef with prochem

Long story short this guy owns a janitorial company and was a distributor for prochem. I bought ultrapack and dry slurry from him for years. like a decade. He was local small guy so he discounted heavily to take care of his clients and make sure enough was sold to make a good profit. Well a much larger distributor about 60 miles away complained because the small company was discounting and taking business away.

Prochem removed the distributorship from the small janitorial company that had for 20 years.

My take is that if they tell a small guy to f off to protect a larger company then I tell prochem to f off to protect the small company.

I boycott them and will not purchase anything that is prochem. prochem you are the only company I boycott and you will always be on the list of companies I do not do business with.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
And again that is one side of that story and I'm proof that isn't true because if it was I would never have been approached to carry Prochem with interlink 40 minutes away.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
"How much longer can we possibly BEAT THIS DEAD HORSE.".... KMA!

Willy,
You may just be a casualty of the lying TuRd'S that have come before you..!
I can't imagine a WORSE business to be in ...than a Disty for a bunch of BD
carpet cleaners. would the real rob allen please stand up?

The FACT of the matter is...There is NO loyalty from the cleaner to the Disty.. I've seen Jimmy naked If a product is 50 cents cheaper at one Disty...that is where the cheep bastards will BUY. yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

Our loyalty has always been the Disty who has the BEST MECHANIC"S..."That is where you SAVE your money... :idea: "JUICE" is really not that important in the scheme of things..!

Cleaners should TRY to purchase from ONE company as much as possible...! This makes you a little more valuable to their "bottom-line"...the service will follow. LIKE!

If Willy had bought a PALLET...of the product...I can assure you the response would have been different... eat shit!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Cleaners should TRY to purchase from ONE company as much as possible...! This makes you a little more valuable to their "bottom-line"...the service will follow.
You sir are correct!

We do it with our own clients, those that give us a lot of cleaning get preferential treatment over those that we only clean for once every couple of years. You have to take care of those that take care of you.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have a person in my family who started a consumer electronics accessory business that is now traded on nasdaq. he told me that in order to bring a product to market you need to have at least a 6:1 retail ratio. meaning if it cost you $1 to make you need to sell for at least $6, he said 10:1 is more ideal. There is alot along the supply chain, profit for the company, profit for the retailer and profit to return on the investment. with that said I would like to see the unit priced less, but the reality is look at how small the market is that would buy these. my family member has millions of youth around the world they target and potentially sell to. prochem has what 10's of thousands and thats it.

I do volunteer myself to demo one though. here in utah I have had a little trouble drying pad in place in basements because the concrete is so cold.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
idreadnought said:
well I have no beef with John. However I do have a beef with prochem

Long story short this guy owns a janitorial company and was a distributor for prochem. I bought ultrapack and dry slurry from him for years. like a decade. He was local small guy so he discounted heavily to take care of his clients and make sure enough was sold to make a good profit. Well a much larger distributor about 60 miles away complained because the small company was discounting and taking business away.

Prochem removed the distributorship from the small janitorial company that had for 20 years.

My take is that if they tell a small guy to f off to protect a larger company then I tell prochem to f off to protect the small company.

I boycott them and will not purchase anything that is prochem. prochem you are the only company I boycott and you will always be on the list of companies I do not do business with.

Mant pro0ducts are not allowed to be sold for less than the retail price. Your dist may have been breaking policy. Ever look at the prices of apple stuff or most electronic games. They are all the same no matter where you buy them for the newest product.

As far as the other post. Some electronincs may be 10 to 1 for some products for mark up. Most products need atleast a 3-1 mark up. Although higher priced products can be less. Like a new house

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Don't have my Xactimate handy from home, but I'm thinking about $1.20 during, $1.90 after..... but I could be off.... I just know the codes/shortcuts anymore.

Pretty sure at some point adjusters will argue the weight assisted selection - they'll argue that selection is mostly due to "production" time being slower on a weighted tool. Doubt it will be much of an issue unless pad sours and has to be pulled. Time will tell.

As far as costs to take a product to market. I'm an ex engineer, and worked for a firm that took things from the drawing board to production for years.

The prototyping alone on this alone could have cost them $100k to twice that depending on the number of revisions. My guess is this was designed in solidworks or the like, stereolithograhy master, to soft tooling, to functional prototypes. I couldn't even guess on the cost of hard tooling without having a close look at the components, minor things can make an i.m.p. tool for production EXPENSIVE, and limit it's run life. They are likely easily into the 7 figure mark before a single tool is sold. A new product like this probably won't realize profit for a good while, years possibly.

You look at a product like this compared to a large claw, if the extraction time is as quick as that vid - it will run circles around a large claw..... well worth an extra $200

I do have one question, will this work on glue down or are you better with a wand?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Testing shows it rocks on glue down. It is only a couple of weeks away so everyone will have a chance to prove it to themselves :)

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
HARPER said:
The FACT of the matter is...There is NO loyalty from the cleaner to the Disty.. I've seen Jimmy naked If a product is 50 cents cheaper at one Disty...that is where the cheep bastards will BUY.

Our loyalty has always been the Disty who has the BEST MECHANIC"S..."That is where you SAVE your money... :idea: "JUICE" is really not that important in the scheme of things..!

If Willy had bought a PALLET...of the product...I can assure you the response would have been different... eat shit!

I have gone to a disty where I see on the shelf disgustingly overpriced products that I KNOW I could buy somewhere else a lot cheaper but still do business with them because they beg for business and because they have mechanics to work on the unit.
I don't always go for the cheapest juice and I have bought more expensive from a disty that I thought had the better mechanic...only to realize that the mechanic is a chainsmoker, smoking in my vehicle as he works on it. And he never has a good day- so if I were to mention anything about it....you guessed it, my van will wait outside for them to finish every other work before they get to mine.

So to say that distys need our support- it should go the other way too. When WE are the customers WE need to be treated like one and not like some idiot that annoys the heck out of them because we have questions. And don't smoke in my van!!!!

I see your point about taking care of the big buying customer and serve them in a preferential way compare to the little guy but in my opinion every paying customer deserves the best treatment from us even if they are just a $99 minimum job customers.

And don't smoke in my van!! I don't smoke in my customers house...

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders

Good Morning John
Good to see you have had your Prochem Super Koolaid this morning. With an intensely loyal representative such as you on the board there is no need for Prochem to answer any questions people might have about this product. :lol: I'd just caution you to not make such bold statements about a product that you have never touched, in the end you could wind up being the person who looses credibility when a better solution comes available or this product doesn't live up to the hype. After all this is really just a manual drag tool, something that has actually been in the industry for more than 30 years. As with any tool that you drag across the floor doing a 4 X 8 foot area is pretty easy but once you've gone for 20 minutes or more it's a killer on your body. I think the European styling of the tool is nice and right in line with Karcher's other consumer pressure washers BTW.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom