Procyon Not Wanting Business??

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Well, my Procyon distributor no longer carries the 25 lb box, so I had to order a few 6 lb jars. Is there any distributor selling 25 or 50 lb boxes anymore?? If I get too far out of Ohio, the cost of shipping is a killer. I ain't buyin' 6 lb jars.....the cost is already skyhigh, but of all the rinses I've tried, Procyon still beats them all.

Use to get 50 lbs shipped from the West Coast factory for about $110 or so.

G

greentech

rwcarpet said:
Well, my Procyon distributor no longer carries the 25 lb box, so I had to order a few 6 lb jars. Is there any distributor selling 25 or 50 lb boxes anymore?? If I get too far out of Ohio, the cost of shipping is a killer. I ain't buyin' 6 lb jars.....the cost is already skyhigh, but of all the rinses I've tried, Procyon still beats them all.

Use to get 50 lbs shipped from the West Coast factory for about $110 or so.

You don't use Procyon as a pre-spray, only as a rinse?

What is the benefit of that and what ratio do you use?

Thanks, Ross

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I recently had to replace my flow meter. After seeing what using Procyon as a rinse did to the brass it I no longer use it as a rinse. It ate up brass like a termite does wood. I just use it as a prespray and really can't tell much difference with a plain water rinse.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I used Procyon for YEARS. I fought idiots on the boards over this product from day one, until they just stopped shipping east of the Mississippi. No grandfathering in established customers, no thank you ... nothing. Then, I found it really hard to deal with the one distributor they had for eastern states. He wouldn't ship powder, only liquid. So I just stopped using it.

I have mentioned this problem several times over the years since and have seen countless others complain and have never seen John mention that he sells it until now. Good to know.

I did notice it would do a number on the brass fittings. You ever notice how it builds up on you hydroforce? I wouldn't use it as a rinse because of that. I don't know if it still does, but back when I was using it for all those years, you really had to be careful not to allow your prespray to come into contact with wooden furniture. It would leave a white powder residue that was a killer to clean off after it dried.

Since moving on and finding other options, I doubt I will go back, but it's good to know Olsin sells it if I ever decide to.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Yep still leaves the white powder residue and cakes up on the HF too. I have one more jar to use then that's it if I continue to use Procyon it will be Extreme Liquid, although I am going to look at other options.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Um.....I'll call you on next order, John.

RW

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
RGH269 said:
I recently had to replace my flow meter. After seeing what using Procyon as a rinse did to the brass it I no longer use it as a rinse. It ate up brass like a termite does wood. I just use it as a prespray and really can't tell much difference with a plain water rinse.

Never noticed any problem with corrosion. Have run it in my Genesis for 9 years, and the genesis mixes it in the water box, thus sending it through ALL the plumbing and HX'ers. Maybe you're mixing too strong?? I also run a water softner, which brings down the ratio of mixing the solution.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Robert according to what I was told by the folks at Plus mfg the main advantage for using it as a rinse is for the water softening. Maybe your softener helps prevent that problem, but I've run other things through mine for longer periods of time with no problem. Go figure

hogjowl

Idiot™
I never said anything about corrosion, it just builds up a powdered coating on your quick connects. In fact, years and years ago, the first pump I had to have rebuilt, the dude at TCS told me I must be running a water softener, because my pump was so clean. I wasn't, it was just the Procyon.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i replaced anything that the chems touch with stainless so i can run whatever i feel a the time is the best product. right now i'm using soap free but i think i might give procylon a try.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom