Proposed extra waste water storage

Bob Foster

One of the issues I have with running high flow with a Judson TNT is even with its large waste tank when I'm doing larger jobs I run out of waste storage too soon. This is the very first reason that any of you contimpateing buying a Judson should go to the C4 if you run high flow. It has a larger waste tank.

The TNT has a larger waste tank than most units but running high flow I have run out of room many times.

Terje is going to build me a plastic waste tank that I can gravity dump into. That way I can get through those larger restaurants and other jobs without having to dump in the middle of a job. This should give me about another 40 gallons or so and then I will have a good match of 150 gallons of fresh water and a little more than the same of waste capacity. The lower tank will not be a vacuum tank but just a holding tank.

I'm going to mount it up between the frame rails with redi-rod and angle iron with an exterior grade plywood base
tanklocation2.jpg

-JB-

Name
JB
No kidding.

Does it really take THAT long to hook up n dump?

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Our waste tank on the Judson is huge but I agree with Bob. I would choose another waste tank before I use an apo. I have had 3 different ones and they all suck.. or don't suck actually. The extrs tank is low tech.
Al
Al

ntcc

Guys alot of apo's dont have enough pumping power to pump against the high vacuum source of the blower unit. However a simple HALDEX hydraulic 2.5 ci displacment works against any Negative vacuum sourrces. Its is a good idea to have a very fine strainer and have the pump utilize an electric clutch and have the clutch tripped by a seperate float. Because this hydraulic pump is hydraulic it can pump pressures upto 5000 psi. let me find and post a pic.

10583_lg.jpg

Heavy-duty cast iron pump has high pressure capability. Pressure-balanced. Operates at up to 3600 RPM. Similar to Webster YD Series. Parker M Series. Rexroth S20, Cross 50P, Cessna 25550, Ultra 2PX, 2PR and 3PR. Commercial P330, and Tyrone P16. Standard SAE 2-bolt B flange, 4.00in. diameter pilot with 7/8in. x 1 5/8in. shaft, 1/4in. square key. SAE O-ring ports: inlet 1 5/8-20, outlet 1 1/16-12. 85% efficient. U.S.A

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/ ... _200329720

http://www.attatank.com/products/AT99R.html these are nice tanks when lined with anti-corrosive resin. can be mounted under E350 vans

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
wow excellent idea Bob

i never thought of that. and you can keep the space in the van. thats a big deal

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I always thought APO's worked after the water got above a certain level so that there was no vacuum placed on the smaller impeller motor. Then when the wate dropped to a certain level, it would shut back off to keep the apo opening submerged and not subjected to the vacuum pressure.

I do like the idea though. I wonder why companies like Hydramaster that offer the PTO don't offer a large waste tank that expaned out to the side and allowed and area to mount a hose real on it.

tank.jpg

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
APO is a must for high flow and box trucks that don't fit in the car wash. I have had mine set up for 2 weeks and love it. It has blown a couple of fuses when asked to work aginst full vac load form a cloged inline filter when cleaning resturant tile and grout.

L

Lumber Jack

Bob,
I was just talking to Joe about this the other day because I'm flowing more water and my tank is filling faster. I like the idea personally. I dont have a fresh water belly tank fresh water is never a issue. I was thinking of putting a tank under my unit to hold the extra dirty water.
Your setup would be nice because its under the truck, make a tank to hold 75 or more gallons would be awesome. I would just make it a holding tank when your full just drain to that tank as a holding tank as you said. then make the dump valve 3" so it dumps quicker. NICE.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Mike beat me to the punch, it's going to freeze in the winter.

I'd try to mount it in the box if you have room. We've even had the plastic dump valves freeze shut on those we plumbed tubing through the floor.

Bob Foster

I don't want any moving parts of an APO and I don't want to dump anything at a customer's site. The tank would be used on larger jobs and would only be holding waste for short periods of time. When not in use which would be 90% of the time I would just leave the dump valve open.

Why do I want to go to the cost and effort of making a second vacuum tank? To gravity dump the waste tank into the holding tank would take about 30 seconds.

http://www.icondirect.com/productcart/p ... nk-c34.htm

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
for most trucks they can't put the extra size recovery tank in because that eliminates the space for fresh water. Then your only choice is to do fresh water hook up at each job.
APO's are an interesting idea, but no parts to break is even better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom