PTO / CDS waste water tanks

F

FB7777

Why is Butler the only company ( other than the Big Trucks ) to offer a larger waste tank? Not a fan of the APO

Butler has a 210 tank and both Hydramaster and Sapphire ( White Magic) offer a 110-110 gallon tank

Why is that? Hydramaster could add 50 gallons capacity to their tank by increasing the width of the tanks by about 9 inches

Personally , I think Hydramaster has the most optimal layout in a cargo van with ample room in the rear of the van

Both Butler and WM 1200 offer considerably less storage space

With the need to carry a rotary extractor, tile tools, buckets, chemical extra hose and misc stuff my vans are starting to look like a hoarders paradise

I'm surprised that the industry ( cleaner ) hasn't demanded larger waste tanks in rather fleet

I just couldn't see dumping water on the job and most days 100 gallons just won't cut it

Name
Steve Lawrence
I agree, Fred. Having 210 gallon waste tanks is a great pleasure. Prior to having Butlers our #1 issue was dealing with wastewater. The huge tanks have solved that issue and is one of the main reasons we have been dedicated to Butler trucks along with the amazing dependability they offer.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It will be nice to have it as an option. Hydra Master makes good machines, however they don't seem to like going out of their comfort zone.
Though for most city folks (or is it just here in S.F.?) we can hook to the sewer outlet on almost every single job, making the extra large tank absolutely not necessary + having the ability to carry more equipment.

Last edited:
F

FB7777

Do you use an APO to dump to the sewer Ofer?

The only experience,with APOs is on an old Butler, unit was too small and the rubber impellers would tear easily

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
A wider waste tank would make the side door unusable for a hose reel set up, which is a great advantage to CDS use. (GM vans already have slider doors that don't open full width.) We pump out once during the course of a day, so the techs just pick the job with the easiest set-up even if it's the second one.

If you let the pump out sit without rinsing the debris will solidify and rip the impellers off when you finally do use it, but if you use it once a day it isn't an issue.
I understand the new HM pump-out eliminates the need for rinsing.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I usually have to dump once during the day as well. Like Bryan said I pick the easiest spot to set up and let er rip into the yard.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
If you had a reliable APO, I think that would be much better than carrying an extra 1700 lbs. of dirty water around all day long in your van.

Without a large waste tank, you will also have more floor space in your van.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Do you use an APO to dump to the sewer Ofer?

The only experience,with APOs is on an old Butler, unit was too small and the rubber impellers would tear easily

Fred, I do not have an APO.
Just good old school gravity does the job.
I like it to be as simple as possible. The less moving parts, the less can go wrong. No electric reel either. I suppose the moment I find reeling back the hoses too difficult to handle, may be the right time to get off the van :shifty:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom