PTO Heat question

Matt King

If any of you were buying a new machine, what would be more important to you? A machine that could heat to 220-230 but could only sustain that with an 04-06 jetting with a 50% cycle at best. Or would you prefer a machine that would hold 185-200 with 08-010 jetting @100%? Set pressure rating for this will be 450psi and temps are taken as the water leaves the machine at the solution line quick connect.

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
We once had a PTO unit with a anti freeze x-changer would hold 180 all day. We changed the thermostat in the van and got 195 but eventually bought a propane heater for dirty carpet. Does not answer the question but hope it help with info

brocksdad

Dude just buy some 12 ph prespray and don't worry about it. When I had a CDS I was never disapointed with the heat. But I am not a one trick pony guy either. I will use white hot magma for pre-spray(not an actual name of a pre-spray I just mean real strong) and I carry a rotary for when the need arises.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I know heat isn't everything but It sure is nice to have it. I'm not happy with the heat of my cds (about 180) Ive tried different things, wrap the HX in insulation (bumped the temp a couple of degrees) experimented with optimal psi/flow. I'm thinking of trying to heat the incoming water by putting a submersible Dc heater element in my mix tank, but I'm not sure if the vans electrical system could handle it.

G

Add a power wand

Get the most reliable machine and use a RX20 or Rotovac 360 to compensate and tantalize the customer.

Matt King

Actually, the point of my question was to get personal preferences. So, if given the Option on a new machine, would you A) Prefer to have higher flow with sustained but moderate temps, Or B) Prefer to have higher temps but only intermittently with lower flow rates? The reason I ask this is I have been testing several different HX combinations on my new pto. I have a shelf full of different heat exchangers. I'm just trying to get a feel for what I should put on as standard equipment and how I should set things up. There's lots of things I could do but it would raise the price. I'm trying to keep things rather affordable here so I figured I'd see what people prefer if given a choice then I'll take it from there...

G

Put another exchanger on INSIDE the van, and route some exhaust into the van...

Now play with the Vortex girls with that 59 on there!

Chad

FastEddie

I would get the machine that holds 185-200 with 08-010 jetting and get small LG 2HT Lp heater to boost heat to firebreathing levels when needed.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Matt,

Is your machine going to be produced this year and How much for one?
(Approximately) Are the drive shafts Brand spanking new? Simple, bulletproof, easy to work on is always good. I would take a reliable unit with less heat vs than one with all the new fangled bells and whistles.
180 constant with 8 or better jetting would be just great. I would want better flow and CAPACITY in the heat exchanger to keep the 180 constant.
Jetting could be reduced to 06 for more heat and would do fine on moderate soil. Keep workin on it, I would like to see a finished sell able product someday.

Mister Sir

Matt King

Jay, thanks for your answer! I'm truly up in the air on this.. Bottom line is this, without pre-heating the fresh water tank, these are about the figures I've come up with thus far. And I have tested darn near Every exchanger out there at this point. For those claiming to get 200 degrees all day long with your new pto's Without a blower exchanger, I'm saying I don't buy it. At least not with 06 or higher jetting. The new Chevy/GMC thermostats begin to open at 185. Looking at the coils used in different exchangers you can see at even 04 flow they empty pretty darn fast. And if a guy wants 1000 or more psi it's Very hard to keep an efficient heat transfer going beacuse of the copper thickness. As for my machine, it will be available this year.. I don't have a time yet but it's well on its way. I can't put something out until it's perfect. The driveshafts are 100% Brand New. Everything is brand new just as if you bought a new Butler, White Magic or whatever... It will be a high quality machine with a sharp new look (at least imo)..

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Matt, do you anticipate that your new PTO will be on display @ Connections in Vegas later this year ??

Good luck on the project.

Cheers,

Shorty.

G

GO MATT!!!

It's real good to see some young blood doing that!

Matt, with the confidence you have...and it shows...you will go a long way!

Good luck!

OHH, and your machine is kick ass too!

Matt King

Thanks Bob! As are your machines... Ya know, the OEM S.G. heat exchangers are still the best I've tested for quick heat transfer. Like the shell/tubes I sent to you, not the old canister style ones. A few times I've been tempted to just use them again and call it good. The problem is the pressure... It seems everyone wants to do tile now and 1000psi is like the new minimum for those guys. I guess we'll see how it turns out. It just takes Alot of coil to accomplish what a few shell and tube units did.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom