Pulled a Warner today.

Mikey P

Administrator
New to me rental carpet looked dust free but I knew the demons were hiding in the backing. Plain as day that some no Bissell hack had already been out there. Lousy wand technique marks all over.

I did the Ladwig 45/90 for close to an hour just for the hell of it. Looked like pure dandruff in the cup. Some areas it would not stop coming up.

Bagless is the only way to go if you want to be a premium cleaner. Otherwise you have to rely on the "sound of dirt" getting cuumed up and that is just plain brokedickulous.

Be a man and vacuum till you puke.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
The nanny couldn't believe what was in the Powerforce's dirt cup today. 450 sq ft of no nap, loop, velcro like poly. Filled the cup up after she had vacuumed with a Kenmore canister. Starting to like this pre vac gig.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ron Werner approved. I pulled 3 Bissels out of the hose of my Sebo today. :wink: But if you REALLY want to get the dry soil, run the Liberator with the zebra brushes over it first, then the Sebo. Amazing the karpet krud that pulls out. The liberator makes a great scrubber too.

host-liberator.jpg

G1.jpg

Lefty724

Name
E
Awesome Mikey! I am 100% sold on the whole pre-vacuuming thing (I use a Bissell) even though they just vacuumed with their vacuum!

I must say that my carpets have been coming out a lot better since I have been taking a little longer with my "pre-vac inspection"! Love pulling cups and cups of soil out of the carpet!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
know you like your bissells, but bagless fill up fast because they do not compact the dirt. My oreck doesnt have to be emptied but once a week. sometimes every two weeks. I tried your bissell. they dont pick up near as much. I think I should bring my oreck vac to mikeyfest. Hmm might get my local oreck man to get a booth.. To prove you all wrong!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
joeynbgky said:
I think I should bring my oreck vac to mikeyfest. Hmm might get my local oreck man to get a booth.. To prove you all wrong!

you're not a gambling man by chance are you??? :wink:

lemmie know..and bring some dough...

..L.T.A.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
i'll even bring my 4 year old oreck. that is still used 7 days a week and runs all day long. of course it has a new roller brush. my new ones work the same as my old one. I'll put some money on it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
won't even come close.
Think about it. If the vacuum is compacting the soil in the bag, WHERE is all the fine particles/sub micron particles going? They go out the top of the bag. Of course they will plug the bag up pretty well by the time the bag is half full, reducing your airflow substantially, reducing the amount of soil you pull up dramatically.
PLUS you never would have gotten half the soil Mikey did because with a bag vac you never would have known it was there and that you needed to slow down a little, or a lot, in order to vacuum it out.

I'd put my Cleartrak up against your Oreck any day. Powerful suck isn't everything. Technique goes a looooong way. Watch my vid.

a]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lydljHs2ozIa]

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Damn, you sure dohave to run that vacuum slow over the carpet. and how many times did you run over that same spot? I'm not sure if the orecks compacts it im just assuming.. It's top fill. so the air never gets restricted. Maybe we need to have a vacuum cleaner comparison booth at mikeyfest. Because let's face it, it's the most important part of cleaning carpet. Right?

Farenheit251

Joey,you need to run the Bissel over a family room just vacuumed by the Oreck a few houses and then run the Oreck 2nd after the Bissel on a few. Until you have done so you won't know the difference. Oreck is one of the vacs I own and have compared to the Bissels. Of the 6 vacs I've tested the Oreck left the most behind by far.

N

nwhmbiz

I run my Hoover Conquest before every job. Picks up all the tacks, paperclips ect.. fluffs up the carpet real nice.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
joeynbgky said:
Damn, you sure dohave to run that vacuum slow over the carpet. and how many times did you run over that same spot? I'm not sure if the orecks compacts it im just assuming.. It's top fill. so the air never gets restricted. Maybe we need to have a vacuum cleaner comparison booth at mikeyfest. Because let's face it, it's the most important part of cleaning carpet. Right?

Joey, you can argue till your blue in the face, but you are going to loose badley on this one.

rick imby

Name
Rick
That demo was the most dysfuctional demo. About like the freeflow 4 to the door demo. How much had you guys been drinking?

Can you guys think linearly?

I know what you were trying to prove but

#1 start at the beginning showing what the carpet looked like before you put your dirt on it.

#2 Show the dirt being put on it.

#3 don't move the carpet outside?? And then inside... Ever hear of a carpet being cleaned inside?

#4 What is with the spotter? Was the carpet dirty before you started?

Does the guy with the wand do the lateral or the horizontal half?

Have another beer....

Rick

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Heres a simple trick to combine 4 steps of prevacuum,prespray,extract and dry.

As you push your wand slowly forward that is the VACUUM stroke.
Then on that same stroke your jets are spraying down your PRESPRAY.
At the end of the stroke you pull back your wand for the EXTRACTION.

Then in a final stroke you can do one or two up and back strokes for the DRY process.

These and other mind blowing techniques are going to be included in my soon to be released
E-Book titled "Carpet cleaning techniques for the simple minded"

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ladwig I got it on good authority that you spent 2 hours vaccing a single wide last week...

hogjowl

Idiot™
That can't be true. There are no single wides left in Nebraska.

It was probably somebody lying about me or danny.

By the way, jImMy is my idol!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
My Momentum will out vac a lot of high priced pos vaccleaners out there! I do believe in it so much I sell them to my customers. If i didn't make a penny on them, would still sell it, because it makes my job easier the next time I will be cleaning the same carpets. (If they regularly use the Momentum)

I do prevac all my jobs- and yes I hate myself wasting soooooo much time pushing the vac, but it feels a lot better when i know what I pulled out while it was dry.
I have been "Wernering" jobs for a while. :shock:

Zee

Farenheit251

Momentums are getting hard to find. Try the blue vibragroom at Walmart for $98. I like it just a little better -little things like better cord wrap placement than the Momentum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom