Pump Clutch

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I'm rebuilding my back-up unit and want to put a clutch on the Cat 340(5CP) pump. Any suggestions where I can get one?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Shane T said:
I'm rebuilding my back-up unit and want to put a clutch on the Cat 340(5CP) pump. Any suggestions where I can get one?

Pitts clutch...the Best!

clutch.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Shane T said:
Bob, I just need a clutch to drive my pressure pump. Does Pitts make this type?

Im thinkin' that there should be a cross reference since Pitts makes many styles..is yours v-belt or serpentine

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Shane T said:

Oops, I re-read your post, and I may have misled you. According to the catalog, a 340 and a 5CP is not the same pump.

A 340 (5 series frame) does use a 34962 clutch like I said, but a 5CP calls for a 34970.

Alternative - I assume that means cheaper......? :mrgreen:

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Dan, I appreciate the heads up on difference in model numbers, I did notice that. Yes I'm looking for "cheaper" clutch. I thought someone in the past said there was an a/c compressor clutch which could be used. It really doesn't take much to operate this pump at 500psi.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Shane when mine went out I looked but never found one. I'm not saying they don't exist but I never found it. I ended up spending the money on the cat. They are basically the same except the taper of the shaft as an a/c clutch just 3 times as much. Good luck and let us know if you find one.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom