Pump pressure issues

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
This only happens at idle speed . When I prespray with a hydro force, the pressure drops off for a split second and comes right back. I only prespray the first room this way before kicking it up to speed. The water inlet stainer is clean, the unloader ball is clean, my inline strainers are clean. The machine has 2000 hours. Am I missing something or is it time for a rebuild. I am trying to fix this myself first, before taking it over to butler to diagnose. Also changed pressure hose.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Agree, sounds like unloader related issue. 2000 hours... how old is the machine and who is the manufacture? I would call them and ask for an opinion as well.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Could the spring in the unloader be getting weak. 3.5 year old butler. Operates at cleaning rpm fine, just worries be there is a problem coming.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
If the pressure drops for just a second and then comes back up, that is standard operation. The unloader is mechanical, doesn't work as fast as an electric switch.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I can't seem to figure this out. I tried hooking a water supply up to the front panel and I get 100 more psi then my fresh tank. And seems like more volume of water. There is a part inline with the tank hook up that I do not know what it does. It has a small tee handle set screw on top of it. I think that is the trouble.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Three things come to mind:

1.) Slowing the system slows the pump RPM as well. And that reduces the flow rate coming from the pump. You'll definitely get a lower flow rate at a lower RPM. A decrease in flow rate through a given jet size will result in a decrease in pressure.

2.) Any accumulation of a residue in the plumbing of a system, effectively reduces the diameter of the areas of residue. If you have an accumulation in the supply- side plumbing, then the pump of your system cannot pull as much through that plumbing- effectively starving the pump, which causes inconsistent pressure.

3.) In bypassing the water supply tank and connecting directly to a water source (i.e. faucet), you do away with the need for the pump to "pull" water and in fact are "force- feeding" the pump, which will pressurize the pump supply and force a higher flow rate to the pump, resulting in more flow capability (pressure) on the outlet of the pump.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom