Putting our Butler on All Aluminum Barge to Clean on Island this weekend on MN Lake

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Some days we get some interesting calls. Here we are with our Butler Truckmount on a Barge crossing a lake to get to an island home in Northern MN. No problem breaking the ice with us on it! Barge stopped midway, but they got it running....Someone forgot to plug in the battery charger the night before...LOL. This thing was an incredible feat of engineering. All Aluminum. Great people and an absolute blast to be invited to their home to clean! The Barge was rated for 18,000 pounds in theory. I think we were the heaviest unit ever on it. Double Click on the first pic to see video of crossing. You can also hear us busting ice.

th_VancrossingBigSandyonabarge.jpg

BSBarge1.jpg

BSBarge2.jpg

Attachments

• th_VancrossingBigSandyonabarge.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 75

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
@ Mikey :Yep one home is all that is on the island....a 7000 square foot home though.... One family owns the entire Island. This is how they get to work everyday. Their manufacturing plant is only a couple miles away from their home.

@ Frank: Thanks!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
yea i love your truck Mark....wheels and especially the flames :headbang:

Everclean

Name
Steve
Wow looks like fun . I like Jobs like this once in a while Truck looks great .like the wheels and sideboards..hope your running two and half inch hose makes a big difference.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Wow looks like fun . I like Jobs like this once in a while Truck looks great .like the wheels and sideboards..hope your running two and half inch hose makes a big difference.
Thanks for the compliments.
Yes on the 2.5 hose.Even have the 2.5 live hose reel that i can plug off after i take off what i want to use. Have a "Y" splitter just before the reel.

Mark Saiger

randy

Name
Randy
Love the truck Mark, totally cool. Think about shooting a Video of the crossing next time and putting it on your website.
It worked for George Washington and they just had a lousy artist rendering, but it's everywhere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom