QR Code yes or no?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Should I be adding our QR code to our promotional literature? I had planned to from here going forward but Dan thought it was too techy for us and doesn't think it will get used so why put it.

Are you already doing this, would you add it?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Yes,
Free to make and is a form of advertising. You can use them for all kinds of things, Discounts, HomeShow Drawings etc. etc.

Chris

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Good ideas. I was thinking web site only but making them for individual pages of the website makes great sense.

Thanks guys, I'll make some more codes.

Glad I asked! :icon_cool:

I'll need a code for our water page, I had it going just to our home page but this makes so much more sense!

ChangestoNewsletter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Set up a form and use it as a way to enter drawings, by email.... Have a submit buttom on the form that emails it to a SPECIFIC Email address you use for this kind of thing only...

Think of the Data Mining...........ooohhh ahhhhh :clap:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Since they're free, why not use them? I think too many of us decide our customers don't want something because we don't understand or use it ourselves.

You can divide your potential customers into three segments: They don't know what a QR code is, but may ask about it. They use QRs when they see something they want to keep on, or access, from their phone. They've had a viral QR code damage their phone and will never click on another.

Make sure you tell people what clicking on the code will get them. If it isn't labeled, I won't click.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Exactly what Bryan said esp the last. If no perceived value to click then why bother so ideally u have a special web page it send them to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I can see where it could really help for those wanting more information on a service. You basic flyer or brochure can only say so much but the QR can direct them to the web page for that particular service or to a blog about that service or to client reviews, company history. A lot more that I had ever considered.

Thanks guys!

FredC

Village Idiot
I would only use them if I had already been through my prioritized list of info I wanted to include and needed something to fill space......

or if I had an offer/discount that was accessed through the QR

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken Snow

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't want to abuse them but where I can foresee them being helpful is in the instances where we are talking about Prefered Vendor Programs. We can direct them to an informative blog making them aware of somethings they should have concern about regardless who is doing their work. I also like the offer idea taking the to a coupon or special offer page.

Name
Nathan
I have them on the back of our business cards, i get a few hits with it. I do like the ideas of using it for a Specials & Coupon page wich btw i need to create on my website. Data minning would be another great idea. Was thinking of putting a Big enough QR code on the back end of my truckmount that people could scan but that would sort of be premoting texting while driving lol.

BradD

Supportive Member
Name
Brad Duncan
I don't want to abuse them but where I can foresee them being helpful is in the instances where we are talking about Prefered Vendor Programs. We can direct them to an informative blog making them aware of somethings they should have concern about regardless who is doing their work. I also like the offer idea taking the to a coupon or special offer page.

Do you have any feedback on how the QR codes are working / not working for you?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I just came back from a new job

A few days ago, the customer saw my van and clicked the QR.

400 bucks Oscar Ash in the claw.

So in my opinion, yes, the freebie has more than paid for itself.:biggrin:

Unless I have read it wrong, you don't need it ON your web site, people are already there visiting.

Place it on your cards, advertising material, vehicles, etc.

I have a rather long web site addy; so it makes sense to me.

Just because I don't like Maccas, Kentucky Duck or Bud; doesn't mean other people don't patronize them.:winky:

:very_drunk:

Back
Top Bottom