QR codes

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
yes, I was told by a guy in the tech field to put them on everything you produce. This was at least a year ago. Now they are everywhere.
I don't think I'd put them on the van.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
valpak_back.jpg

Yes in advertisements. NO on vans. People won't sit there and scan your van.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Remember that less than half the phones on the market can read a QR, and the majority of smart phone users still don't know what they are. Still, you can do lots of cool stuff with them at no cost. The CCINW posted QRs around Connections that made a text message come up on your phone. Each was a different one-liner, just for fun.

Rules for using QR codes:
- Add a link to where a free reader can be found. Current phones come loded with a reader but smart phones even two months ago were often shipped without one. Won't be needed in the future but needed now.

- List the link URL below the QR. People without access to a reader can still find out what you're pushing.

- Tell people what the code does. Ex: "Click here to get see our late season specials." or "Click here to download a $50 off coupon." or "Click here to like us on Facebook." QRs can be used to alter phone settings and do other crap like send you to a virus laden site, so no description guarantees that few people will bother to click on it.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
That technology has not taken off yet, not sure if it ever will. cant hurt though.

LeeCory

Dmreed4311 said:
That technology has not taken off yet, not sure if it ever will. cant hurt though.

What? Do you have a phone? They are starting to be in all the tv commercials...

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
LeeCory said:
Dmreed4311 said:

What? Do you have a phone? They are starting to be in all the tv commercials...

Do you use it?
I have a scanner and do not use it.
I do not know anyone who uses them but like i said it can not hurt.

LeeCory

I may not use it much myself but I definitely think the idea is catching on. I think it is getting everyone's attention and will become even more useful in the future. People love technology and this makes the transfer of information so easy.

I am in the process of redesigning my business card and am certainly adding a QR code.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom