QR Codes

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Your thoughts on QR Codes for gaining extra business and/or making it easier for potential clients to contact you.

Thanks,

Shorty down under

Bucey

Name
FFA?
i am currently working on getting them into all my marketing. Mostly for links to website and reviews. Next year everyone will have it.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Get ahead of the game and start getting them out there. I am seeing them pop up everywhere. I cleaned a house that was closing escrow and I noticed the Realtor had a QR code on the info box. Instead of taking a flyer, you can scan the code and store the info on your phone. Much easier. When it catches on, people will choose to scan your code and have the info stored on their phone instead of taking a business card and loosing it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's just a way to bring internet marketing out into the real world...Mags, buildings, vehicles logos etc.

If you don't have a computer handy then scanning with your phone will bring you right to the ad.

I think the beauty or key to it is the "customer" wants to see what will happen next. It's intriquing....Or it can/should be.

Like, "Scan our QR code for your free surprize" Or "See what happens next!"....That's a Godaddy thing.

Connor

Name
Connor
I wonder how long before computer viruses are embedded.

Connor

Name
Connor
I dunno, I don't scan them. I can imagine the mischief they could cause.

Connor

Name
Connor
Instead of writing "call xxx-xxx-xxxx for a good time", they could print stickers with QR codes.

Name
Lee Stockwell
QR codes have no executable files. The only way to get an infection is to get it from a website and to then execute (run) a file with a virus embedded in it.

Again, there is no way a QR code will by itself infect your device.

Billy

Name
BH
Lee Stockwell said:
QR codes have no executable files. The only way to get an infection is to get it from a website and to then execute (run) a file with a virus embedded in it.

Again, there is no way a QR code will by itself infect your device.

I guess you could possibly get infected by a code that takes you to a malicious site instead of where you thought you was going. But really this is far fetched IMO & hardly worth the trouble for a Hacker.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
qr-code-wallscape-london.jpg

akon123

i am also a member of organization which is working online... and its business is also online i like it so much i love to workl with tghis organization i want to read your all post and want to improve my skills like you,,,, i want to b perfect,,,,

FredC

Village Idiot
Marc Imbesi said:
dmirf1@msn.com":5a975y0n]How about a real large one on back of the van?[/quote] This cost an extra $15... [ATTACH type="full" alt="BackWindowwKen.jpg said:
51186[/ATTACH]

would you ever notice if I slapped a sticker leading to one of my sites on top of it?

I'm tempted every time I visit wallyworld to do it.........tons of QR codes in the parking lot

If I thought people actually used them for something other than showing their friends their phone can read QR codes.... I might...............

Attachments

• BackWindowwKen.jpg
    BackWindowwKen.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 100

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom