Quality ball valves?

Name
Jeff T
Looking for a source for a good quality 1/4” ball valves for solution line. My local supplier has a choice of 2, and they are both made in China crap...
Is the Parker one from Cobb any good?

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Amazon product

These are all I use. Either order from Amazon or snag them from the Parker store about an hour away if I am in the area.

I prefer to buy from industry suppliers, but haven't found any offered valves that hold up nearly as well.

Reactions: Paul B

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
@Sierra Clean Care how much are you wanting to spend? I have had a swagelok on for a year and no issues. It is rated to handle the heat and pressure of tile cleaning.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
The best valves I have used yet are from he whos name shall not be spoken. The truth is, they are just great valves.
If i am not mistaken, I was given one of joes valves at the Mikeysfest stone pro boot camp by another attendee. It didn't last a week.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’ve got a nice rebuildable valve that came with my hoses when I bought my tm. I only have about 80hrs on it, so I can’t say much about reliability.
I don’t know if it’s the same as this one because it has a red handle.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
I’ve got a nice rebuildable valve that came with my hoses when I bought my tm. I only have about 80hrs on it, so I can’t say much about reliability.

Those have the pressure rating but not the heat rating. Once those little plastic ends come off they are hard to shut off when they are hot.

Reactions: D Luke

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Those have the pressure rating but not the heat rating. Once those little plastic ends come off they are hard to shut off when they are hot.
Then it must be why I'm not having any problems with mine yet, since I have the red handle

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

Those are the biggest pieces of crap in the history of valves.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I never found any difference in longevity from the cheap ones to the expensive ones

stop chasing unicorns and buy a half dozen 1/4" WOG valves from HD, Lowes or Ace
Like $6-$8 bukz

keep 'em on the van
they take a whole 3 minutes to change.....

..L.T.A.

Name
Jeff T
I never found any difference in longevity from the cheap ones to the expensive ones

stop chasing unicorns and buy a half dozen 1/4" WOG valves from HD, Lowes or Ace
Like $6-$8 bukz

View attachment 89723

keep 'em on the van

..L.T.A.
Sorry LaRRy, but those ones SUCK...
No way around it. They were supplied in the first truck I bought.... the handle is a pain in the arse. It gets stuck on everything.
The only ones chasing unICorns in my family are my 4-7 year old girls....
I just want my tools to PERFORM. All the time, EVERYTIME....

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

Like $6-$8 bukz

View attachment 89723

keep 'em on the van

..L.T.A.

Sucker-roni. The tab gets stuck on my clothes and they bust in weird ways.

Last edited:

Greg Miller

Name
DNA Cleaning

Like $6-$8 bukz

View attachment 89723

keep 'em on the van

..L.T.A.
These are what i have been using, i pick them up at Home Depot. I change them out every 6 months or so. Never had a problem with them

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
1/4 ones from home depot are the best ive found.. made in italy, have yet to have one fail. Lever is a little long but you can cut it and put the little rubber sleeve back on

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom