Quat-a-lot with WaterClaw success rate.

Moser Bros.

I used to use OSR and had over a 90% success rate but was tired of paying over $40 for a jug when I'd end up using a whole jug on some jobs.

I started using Quat-A-Lot and haven't had the same success. But I'm only using 1oz per gallon of water compared to 8oz of OSR.

Last Saturday I increased the DD-12 BIO from 1oz to 2oz per 5 gallon mix and I'm much happier with the smell. I'll find out in a couple of days if the urine smell is gone.

Quat-A-Lot is 4 times cheaper than OSR per mixed gallon, so if I have to use 2oz per gallon instead of the 1oz that the container says then I'll still save a lot of money.

Has anyone used more than 1oz per gallon of Quat-A-Lot when WaterClawing and had great results, and how much did you use?

Moser Bros.

ODIN said:
Mix 4oz to gallon of 02 pre-spray 1 oz of quat-a-lot and use that for your pet stains

works like a charm

don't forget some dwell time

That seem like a lot of O2 prespray, I can see using that much for a surface treatment. But there is no way to extact 20oz of O2 with a waterclaw!

I let the mixture marinate the pad for about 30 plus minutes, and I don't like the idea of adding prespray to the mix when I'm just extracting with my WaterClaw, the pad is not getting rinsed just the carpet when I steam clean afterwards.

Bob Foster

For Marty - don't get any on the keyboard...
boobs.jpg

Bob Foster

Moser Bros. said:
ODIN said:
Mix 4oz to gallon of 02 pre-spray 1 oz of quat-a-lot and use that for your pet stains

works like a charm

don't forget some dwell time

That seem like a lot of O2 prespray, I can see using that much for a surface treatment. But there is no way to extact 20oz of O2 with a waterclaw!

I let the mixture marinate the pad for about 30 plus minutes, and I don't like the idea of adding prespray to the mix when I'm just extracting with my WaterClaw, the pad is not getting rinsed just the carpet when I steam clean afterwards.

What are you talking about? Way wrong.

Bob Foster

O2 is a pre-spray that has disinfection and deodorize capabilities due to its sodium borate component.

Quat is a deodorizer and disinfectant because of quaternary ammonia component

If you you had seriously piss laden carpet I would do this mix a strong batch. consisting of this for pump application (this formula is not for a hydroforce application)

2-4 ounces of 02 and 1 ounce of quat per gallon and apply it heavy and let it dwell at least 20 minutes

dwell dwell dwell

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Are you doing any initial flushing before you put product on? Otherwise your product is trying to treat the lion share of urine which could have been removed with simple water and extracted with water claw. We always try to flush out as much urine as we can before we try to use product. Or you end up like you described using way to much product.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
So you guys think that using the 02 prespray with the quat is better than applying OSR?

I usually will flood out the urine with Fiber Rinse, than follow up with Pet Odor Elminator ( which i think sucks ) than i will spray it down with hydrocide.

What method works better the majority of time?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
bensurdi said:
So you guys think that using the 02 prespray with the quat is better than applying OSR?

I usually will flood out the urine with Fiber Rinse, than follow up with Pet Odor Elminator ( which i think sucks ) than i will spray it down with hydrocide.

What method works better the majority of time?

We use a couple of methods from the acid side urine precondition to pretreat after bulk urine extraction followed by the bottom line from jon don (enzyme), to the O2 prespray with odorcide 210 to to o2 alone. We have darn near 100% success rate at odor removal but the stain removal with the enzymes is about 75%, while the yellow stains have always responded favorably to the O2 methods.

Moser Bros.

I meant 20oz of O2 per 5 gallon treatment, not 1 gallon. I'm use to OSR and Todd over at CTI told me to use 1 gallon per 3 sqft of pad, and nothing about flooding the area with water, waterclawing, and then reflooding with OSR. That seems like way to much water, it take about 3 days to dry as is, the WaterClaw still leaves the pad wet. And if I have to whip up 15 gallons for a nasty job and use about half a gallon of O2, a pint of Quat, 3oz of DD-12 BIO, and 1 quart of isopropyl rubbing 70% alcohol to speed up drying, that a lot of chemicals and will cost me over $30 vs. $40 for OSR. There has to be a cheaper way.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Holy shit....

if you have to use 15 gallons of piss remover on a job then

A. you damn well better be chraging enough to cover the $30+ in chems

B. you better get some different clients... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Damn i dont even use 15 gallons of prespray in a house.....

what you cleaning up after??? Horses??

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
IMO, If you have one that needs 15 gallons to treat, then you need to think about replacing the pad instead.

TimP

YOu can flush pad. It's not that hard.

However quat and O2 has it's limitations. I'd say for small urine problems. If it's heavily been pissed on then you're gonna need something stronger. I got a piss filled rug and soaked it down and rinsed and flushed the hell out of it. The quat/judson O2 did a very good job but it didn't get rid of it completely. I suspect if I did it again with the quat and O2 it might get it acceptable. I've found that bio-modifier works better on these problems. In fact I find it's a better odor remover, but at what cost? I don't know I haven't bought any yet so I don't know how much it costs, I've had 1 gallon free and have used it when every thing else has failed and it works great. I use it on my Shirts in the washing machine and it's the only thing to get rid of body odor smell after sweating completely through them.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
May I remind Moser Bros to fill out their profile completely?

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
we started to rinse this is really cool way to do this and works
Take your pres hose and hook up a open ended hose and flood the spot and do this till water
appears to clear up.when water claw ing
alot quicker than mess with a bucket we flood with osr out of a bucket but then rinse with the pres hose and water claw

hogjowl

Idiot™
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
admiralclean said:
Makes sense when YOU say it.

It just comes out as text book babbling with no practical understanding when Jr. says it.

Mikey considered me as an administrator and not you.

LOL! You ASSHOLE!

Seriously, I am beginning to understand that any association with Mikey is not worth it. Of course, being an admin. might actually be easier than being a moderator. Especially now that mods have reduced powers.

Greenie

handdi said:
Take your pres hose and hook up a open ended hose and flood the spot and do this till water
alot quicker than mess with a bucket we flood with osr out of a bucket but then rinse with the pres hose and water claw

I thought everyone did this hose trick...flush flush and flush again, then run some chemicals, dwell and extract again.

G

Lyon,If you're trying to save,you could buy a 45# pail of SP and add some odercide to it,as far as the O2 thing,it is not designed for real pet removal or treatment.and if the quat is not working "as well" as the OSR,are you really saving anything?Heres another time saver,add the amount of OSR for 10 gal to your hydroforce,add warm water so it can disolve well enough(not hot)then use that to saturate your areas well.I sometimes will use this followed by quat just to make sure I am taking care of it the best I can.Of coarse this is what I call a "topical" otherwise I would pull pad, seal the backing and floor.

Bob Foster

handdi said:

great idea!

TimP

Bob Foster said:
handdi said:

great idea!

I've done it this way a few times....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom