Quatalot vs urine

maker

I have been testing out some urine treatments with some cat urine soaked carpet that was pulled from a rental.
Cut it into 8" squares and soaked pieces in half a gallon of Quatalot and Odorcide just a little stronger than suggested.
Let each soak 20 minutes then rinsed front and back.
After words they both smelled like the treatment that was used.
Then I put them into gallon sized zip lock bags and put them into my van.
2 weeks later the odorcide carpet smells as much like odorcide as it does cat urine.
The quatalot only smells quatalot.

Thought some may be interested.

I actually expected the results to be the exact opposite. Maybe because the Quatalot cost so much less per use than the Odorcide (something like 10 times less)

maker

Not at all.
I did already ( very thoroughly on both sides) but if you think it would make a difference I'll give them another one.

P.S. I did the same test with carpet that had extreme dog odor. Both products seamed to work but the Odorcide has a perfumey smell that I like less.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Stephen quit wasting your time with odorcide and go get yourself a bottle of Hydrocide. Much better product all around.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
packfancjh said:
Stephen quit wasting your time with odorcide and go get yourself a bottle of Hydrocide. Much better product all around.

Why would he do that when he just said quat works better and is cheaper?

I havn't done any testing like above but in all but one situation the quat completely removed the odor while I was there and according to the customer it stayed gone. The one situation where the odor returned, I went back out and retreated and it stayed gone. I'm pretty sure I didn't get the entire area on my first attempt. I was going pretty lite with it because it was upstairs with a wood sub-floor.

Greenie

Now you are gonna make Steve do the Q.A.L. and 40 vol test.....lol Actually it worked fine without the 40 vol. problem solved.

Something tells me Steve is gonna cont. using QAL at a fraction of the cost of either Hydrocide or Odorcide.

I must say, the QAL is an easy product to sell.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
One factor not mentioned is the fact that "antimicrobial" deodorants work only on biological odors.

Our Dynacide (& HydroCide) work on many types of odors that are NOT biological.

My preference for urine is actually a product that combines:

1. Powder Oxidizer

2. Actual Enzyme that is compatible with the oxidizer.

"Odor Attack" in our line.

Some customers use Dynacide as a final treatment.

Larry

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
By adding the 40 volume to the Hydrocide it addresses the URINE STAIN.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Hey Stephen,
I did some similar testing a while back except without the Ziploc. I tested most of the products available from my supplier and found milgo worked the best. I just did a test yesterday with the new product stain zone from Bridgepoint. I have to return tomorrow for a check. Glad to see I'm not the only anal person around.

Gene

maker

GeneMiller said:
Hey Stephen,
I did some similar testing a while back except without the Ziploc. I tested most of the products available from my supplier and found milgo worked the best. I just did a test yesterday with the new product stain zone from Bridgepoint. I have to return tomorrow for a check. Glad to see I'm not the only anal person around.

Gene

I will try some Milgo SR since I have some. I haven't tried Hydrocide since my supppliers have not offered it but I will look into and possibly test with that to.
The zip lock bags in the hot van are definately the most revealing part of the test.

Larry Cobb said:
One factor not mentioned is the fact that "antimicrobial" deodorants work only on biological odors.

Our Dynacide (& HydroCide) work on many types of odors that are NOT biological.

My preference for urine is actually a product that combines:

1. Powder Oxidizer

2. Actual Enzyme that is compatible with the oxidizer.

"Odor Attack" in our line.

Some customers use Dynacide as a final treatment.

Larry

What odors are not Biological? I am sure there are some but right now I'm drawing a blank. Smoke?

packfancjh said:

I haven't seen it offered around here but I'll look into it and possibly test it also. But as Greenie and Joey said if the stuff that cost the least works I will probably stick with it.

Walt

Greenie said:
Now you are gonna make Steve do the Q.A.L. and 40 vol test.....lol Actually it worked fine without the 40 vol. problem solved.

Something tells me Steve is gonna cont. using QAL at a fraction of the cost of either Hydrocide or Odorcide.

I wish I had some....

G

Greenie said:

If you are an ignorant carpet cleaner who thinks he can put Quat on and rinse, and it is all better :roll: you have to get the majority of the PISS out first,and "I" have tested everything known,so Steven,first use OSR on the odorcide one,then after estracting add the odorcide or whatever then report back.(better yet,try UPT inplace of OSR if you want to get as much piss out as possible)

maker

K. P. said:
Greenie said:

If you are an ignorant carpet cleaner who thinks he can put Quat on and rinse, and it is all better :roll: you have to get the majority of the PISS out first,and "I" have tested everything known,so Steven,first use OSR on the odorcide one,then after estracting add the odorcide or whatever then report back.(better yet,try UPT in place of OSR if you want to get as much piss out as possible)

OSR used to my favorite and I have used it as you describe but it did not always work. THat's why I began testing . I wanted to find something that worked.

I agree that anything you can do to get the majority of the urine out first is going to ensure better results. Because my test was soaking the pieces of carpet in a bucket, something that you can not simulate inside of a home, results will depend on how much you and how long you can soak the carpet. I now carry painters plastic to put under the area to protect the sub floor ( something I learned reading this board).
MY test was simply to find what chemical worked the best. The way I use it will depend on the job.

Also I want to make a correction on my first post: The carpet was not soaked with urine. It reeked of cat urine and there was obviously urine in the carpet, but I have seen far more extreme cases than this.

Also, in the Quatalot mix I added a little O2 prespray as instructed by Les Judson when he originally told me how to use the product on urine.

wired

If it is in the middle of the room it is very hard to pull back the carpet. I bring in my wand soak the area then extract with a water claw do this three or four times to get most of the urine smell out. This does not take that long. If it still smells I mix up some OSR and put it on let it set for 10 to 20 minutes extract with water claw soak again extract with claw put air mover on it. You usually Have the whole house to do so there is no wasted time. It works for me . I usually call cust. in a couple of days to see if it she is happy with the job.

Back
Top Bottom