Question about Blower Maintenance

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
It's time to service my blower on the PC 650 hp. I went to drain and etc Tuesday and found out that it had been installed in such a way that I think it is litterly impossible to self service without getting oil all over the place. I need to get to Louisville and have this done but, am running into scheduling issues.

Yesterday I had a thought, could a quick oil change place like Valveoline or Quick Lube use their transmission suction device to suck out my blower oil? If I could get this done then I could complete it myself. Thoughts? Of course it would depend on what they would charge for this service but it was an ideal.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
mine is the same way on the thermal wave.....so I took a cake pan and set it under it to catch the oil on the first service......after that I replaced the drain plug with a elbow and a shut off valve..........then I put the drain plug in the shut off valve in case it got bumped.......when I do another oil change....I use a hose barb with a clear hose on it and screw it into the shut off valve and stick it in a bucket..........

I can get you pictures later today if you need them.....

Name
Ron lippold
Billy get ahold of a wynns rep and they have a evacuator, tool that will suck her dry in minutes. I use it for mine, it's a breeze.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Go buy a "Top side oil changer"
It looks kinda like a pump up sprayer, but when you pump it is builds vacuum. Then you just stick the hose in and suck the oil out!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
P4050888_zpsb8a90187.jpg

hook up hose...drop in bucket....open valve.....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Helps me apprieciate the front panel mounted blower, pump, and engine oil drains on the old Genesis. Still gotta climb behind the unit to refill the blower though. Also, front panel grease fittings.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Billy we use an evacuator for everything. Ours hooks to our compressor but they make pump up ones too. Anyone can suck it out just make sure to use Aeon PD and put the right amount in. Checker/O'Riellys will have them in stock if not I can get you one.

Reactions: BLewis

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom