Question about Judson Machines?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
One thing that I have come to notice while looking for a back up unit is that you never see a used Judson machine for sale. Why is this? I can only assume 2 things, either they really are just that good and dependable or that Les "really" services his customers and helps them to keep them running.

Heck, for that matter I don't know that I have every seen a post about a problem with one. This stands true for Judson and Butler, although you do occassionaly see something about a Butler but how many thousands of them are out there.

I am not pushing anyone it's just something that I came to realize recently. If you go to Jon Don used machines 75% of them seem to be Blueline Thermowaves.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i dont think i would ever sell my jud..... its just a great machine and built like a tank . my kids might sell it to you when im dead and gone . if you want to wait

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Not to say anything bad about a Jud ( that will probably be my next machine ) but look at it this way. Blueline was selling over 700 machines a year. I bet Judson hasn't built 700 his whole life.

Numbers game.

Name
I'm Rick James
Just like a carpet cleaning business, its all about image and marketing. IMHO Judson is a very soild machine but ugle as hell. It does look like the backyard built machine. If you notice the other TM they look more appealing to have mounted in your van. The Judson family may not like to sell massive number of machines like the others. Judson is one of the top machines, but I would never buy one just because the way it looks.

Mikey P

Administrator
I've actually received complements about how impressive and expensive my Judson looks from male and female customers.

Unlike Brent they have nothing to compare it to.
If you think they remember what the last slide in looks like you're fooling your maleness.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Personally I think it looks nice from a simplistic engineering point of view. But, however unattractive it may be to others: I'm not dating it, just using it.
Al
ps Plus mine is shiny stainless steel and will always look that way.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
brent said:
Just like a carpet cleaning business, its all about image and marketing. IMHO Judson is a very soild machine but ugle as hell. It does look like the backyard built machine. If you notice the other TM they look more appealing to have mounted in your van. The Judson family may not like to sell massive number of machines like the others. Judson is one of the top machines, but I would never buy one just because the way it looks.

It just doesn't need to hide all the wires and switches that the other ones have.
Just clicked over 1000hrs, fuel and oil is about all I've given it. It'll be two years July 1st.

Ryan

How much more would it cost to make a pretty false front for the Judson?

Maybe $500? Les why don't you design one and offer it as a option.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
Looks the way it works like a tank none stop all day without all
the issue's I hear about the other machines. It's a money maker
that's for sure.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
let me make sure i have this right..........

A Judson is a lunchpail?
A dodge van is a Lima bean?

What the heck i need a reason why lol.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
ok..... but why do you call it that? lol If im gonna start callign my new dodge a lima bean i need to know why. i called it that earlier and my tech said.......... huh, its not even green its orange

Mikey P

Administrator
lima-beans.jpg

1FCADA2E-C083-49C4-AA8F-5E1D67B90858_1.jpg

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
ok i get the lunchpail... but lima bean. hmm im putting it together. to much tofo for me today. ill get it in the morning lol

Mikey P

Administrator
BTW

On the morning of the ride where I was going to toss the "pail" into Swede's favorite Lake, I called his wife, my aunt and she insisted I keep it at home.

She was in tears when she gave me those instructions....

Devil Thomas' situation is very similar to my uncle 's death actually.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mikey P said:
BTW

On the morning of the ride where I was going to toss the "pail" into Swede's favorite Lake, I called his wife, my aunt and she insisted I keep it at home.

She was in tears when she gave me those instructions....

Devil Thomas' situation is very similar to my uncle 's death actually.

Good on YOU....JuGheAd... :lol:

Some TRINKETS...should be PASSED down thruogh the GENERATIONS... 8)

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well, Alot of good people leave us. Knowing damn well all those drug dealers and killers should go first and they do not. Life is not fair.

Ryan

Ron Werner said:
makes me wonder why someone would want to spend an extra $1000 or more, just for aesthetics. The first V's were very ugly, sold on the wow of size.

Cause looks DO matter. We're a shallow nation, I don't care how good your tm's personality is she's gotta look good.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
If you show up with a clean signed truck, uniformed techs, and the equipment you bring in the home is clean and well maintained then you are "in". A chrome faceplate means squat to your customer. Never had a customer comment on the lack of or or showing of a slick looking TM. Ever. They do like loud though.
Al

F

FB7777

We frequently get comments on how good our Butler units look

I don't think that Judson TMs are bad looking at all though

I bet if you wanted to powder coat the frame or add a diamond plate or whatever , Les would be happy to oblige and charge accordingly

Preacher said:
IS MArdys half built Judson for sale??? :twisted:
Marty's unit never was half built. The rush to meet my obligation was ordering special parts.

I have a C-4 ready to go. Do you need one?

5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J__T2dvaWww5]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom