Question for Big Mike

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It was great meeting you at Mikey'sFest

I'm intrigued by your business model. But it does come down to dollars and "sense" at the end of the day.

You stated before that you hit a million in less than a year's time....Cool...congrats!

How much of that was from Residential Cleaning? Excluding emergency floods etc.

Residential cleaning would include...

Carpet Cleaning
Upholstery Cleaning
Scotchgard
Tile Cleaning?

You stated that you have very set prices for each (not sure about tile) and it's THAT price no matter what (except for traveling outside your area....hey, you speak, I listen).

So if you can give me even %s that would be fine. Do you make money from this structure?...I mean from the residential cleaning side? Or is that just supplemental for the janitorial and flood damage side?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks Big Mike!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
For those of you who don't know...Big Mike's company has whole house set prices...and those prices don't change.
I haven't seen another company doing this...there is always the "upsell" of sorts.

I would consider doing this because there is surely and "average" house in all areas. You win big on some and lose little on others to make your success.

The genius of this is to set a money making price that is still exceptional to the prospective client.

I would like to hear Big Mike's take on all this. Even the most basic.... needs explanation. :mrgreen:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I can see how that can work for those who want a whole house but what about someone who only wants a 2 rooms cleaned? Is there a stepped priced structure leading up to whole house? The concept is very interesting~ another spin on "whole house" cleaning.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
From what I got from him and his website he does offer other pricing. The whole house is the constant "Special". He does in home estimates etc

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Minimum $99.00....You get 3 rooms for that.

Those are the only 3 prices He told me (might have been $89.00) for carpet cleaning.

Pet urine is not extra...Scotchard is
No moving furniture...some exceptions
No pre vac...some exceptions
I don't think he grooms
Porties only...that I know of.

I'll let Big Mike tell it.....too late. lol

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
You'd get a faster response if you call him up, he doesn't come on here as often.

When I spoke to him on the phone a few months ago, he told me they did not do Tile, not sure about now.

Sad I didn't get to meet the guy, he's very informative and great person to learn from (like the rest of you who I didn't meet @ MF this time around either).

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I will....I spoke with him for a while at Mikefest....I was just bringing him to the board.

Can someone call him and tell him there is a thread here with his name on it? I gotta leave right now. lol

rick imby

Name
Rick
Big Mike has a complete plan,

Low equipment costs, high employee costs, hard working happy employees that get rewarded,
High volume at low overall margin (my guess) He makes a little on most jobs.

= Happy customers and reasonable profit.

Ken Snow has a similar plan
High equipment costs that make his employees efficient, Buying expensive equipment, taking immaculate care of it, buying it at a very good price but selling it a very good price. His equipment costs are less than 10% of vehicle value per year---Buy at a good price, sell in 4-5 years for 60-65% of new price.
hard working happy employees get rewarded,
Dominating a large tightly packed market with great service and great prices
Heavy advertizing
Unique Name
Swishy Pants--

I really enjoy your participation Ken.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom